Brexit Phase Two - Trade

£10 isn't expensive enough.
There's the balance they have to keep, still making far more than it costs in healthcare and not pushing it too high to force smokers to look for black market cigarettes. Which many do anyhow.

It's one of those things like illegal downloading, if you point out that it's against the law people look at you like you have two heads.

In an ideal world the EU could temporarily keep its interfering snib out and only act as an observer (Impossible task I know).

Dublin-Belfast/Westminster draft a mutual frictionless border agreement which doesn't conflict with the GFA, and if 'all three' agree in the national interests then simply inform the EU of Belfast/Dublin's intentions allowing it to be voted & signed off.

Eire as a EU MS is capable of achieving this, Brussels doesn't want to be seen as not being in control.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think Eire has leaders with the balls to do that.
More the pity with spineless leaders.

Perhaps Varadkar prefer's the EU whip, less accountability.

At last we are starting to see the only realistic outcome of this whole sad process. This is what happens when people choose to ignore the advice of our own government, the IMF, almost all leading economists and business-people, and other friendly governments including our strongest ally, the President of the USA and instead follow a bunch of second rate politicians who have safe seats and gold-plated pensions.

Yes you can promise everything to everyone and pretend that difficult issues can be just waved away and claim that they are 'Project Fear but in the end reality comes back to bite you and that's what we are seeing playing out now.

Maybe next time we will learn this lesson and actually listen to experts.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here and interfering with their investments...

“We have 1,000 companies operating in the UK today funded by Japanese capital,” he says. “It accelerated after Margaret Thatcher promoted the UK as the ‘gateway to Europe’ for Japanese firms. The total Japanese investment to the EU’s 28 countries is of course huge, but out of 28 countries the UK alone now absorbs about 40% of total Japanese investment destined for the EU.”

This account of a relationship that strengthened year after year – in a period during which the UK was in the EU – raises a very obvious question. Will it continue to thrive after we have left? He replies decisively. “One thing I can say for certain, based on fact, is that the companies operating today in the UK are not expanding their investment in the UK today.”

Japan ambassador’s Brexit warning: there won’t be a deal better than the single market

In an ideal world the EU could temporarily keep its interfering snib out and only act as an observer (Impossible task I know).

Dublin-Belfast/Westminster draft a mutual frictionless border agreement which doesn't conflict with the GFA, and if 'all three' agree in the national interests then simply inform the EU of Belfast/Dublin's intentions allowing it to be voted & signed off.

Eire as a EU MS is capable of achieving this, Brussels doesn't want to be seen as not being in control.

Idealism is a mirage.

Ideology and ignorance of reality has led us to this conundrum

oh, that vote. It was never going to happen. The Scots need their Barnett fix.
They could have won, if they'd had someone as competent as Cummings. There'll be bit of news about them out shortly.....people may even hint that Putin learned from them...
SNP were not standing in the referendum!
You still voted to break up the UK

For those interested. My interest is how Mangler manages to rewrite this and what he misses out ;-)

At last we are starting to see the only realistic outcome of this whole sad process. This is what happens when people choose to ignore the advice of our own government, the IMF, almost all leading economists and business-people, and other friendly governments including our strongest ally, the President of the USA and instead follow a bunch of second rate politicians who have safe seats and gold-plated pensions.

Yes you can promise everything to everyone and pretend that difficult issues can be just waved away and claim that they are 'Project Fear but in the end reality comes back to bite you and that's what we are seeing playing out now.

Jesus wept. If you had a brain it would be damaged.

Bloody foreigners, coming over here and interfering with their investments...

“We have 1,000 companies operating in the UK today funded by Japanese capital,” he says. “It accelerated after Margaret Thatcher promoted the UK as the ‘gateway to Europe’ for Japanese firms. The total Japanese investment to the EU’s 28 countries is of course huge, but out of 28 countries the UK alone now absorbs about 40% of total Japanese investment destined for the EU.”

This account of a relationship that strengthened year after year – in a period during which the UK was in the EU – raises a very obvious question. Will it continue to thrive after we have left? He replies decisively. “One thing I can say for certain, based on fact, is that the companies operating today in the UK are not expanding their investment in the UK today.”

Japan ambassador’s Brexit warning: there won’t be a deal better than the single market

I love and admire Japan, in fact I married a Japanese girl. But even I accept that their moment on the world stage is drawing to a close. (Most Japanese agree with me).

Japan had no natural resources. It imported Australian coal and iron ore, made iron, converted it to steel, and then converted that steel into cars and motorbikes. Their big advantage was the introduction of QC and SPC. They took that from the USA, copied and improved British products, and sold them all over the world. Their product really was just that QC/SPC, and that is easy to copy. The Koreans, then the Thais, then the Chinese, then everyone else, took the model and copied that.

Endgame for japan. And lets not go into its finances.... its not a wise thing to do.

Forget japan, its dying. Look towards China.

Idealism is a mirage.

Ideology and ignorance of reality has led us to this conundrum
Just a reminder, IRC the experts got it wrong.

Replace ideology with opportunity & ignorance with independent.

Enjoy your Sunday.

like the passengers of the second Olympic class ship per chance? Or maybe the experts who have called it wrong all the way through history. I believe it was a certain Mr William Gates who, as the then expert, stated you'd not need more than 1Mb of RAM. Someone declared we'd not need more than 100 computers in the world. Remember when planes and submarines were a mere aberration? Experts aren't necessarily worthy of the esteem you seem to hold them in.