• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Not if your name is @Baglock who, apparently, disagrees.

I wonder why that is?
SPOTY and also runner up....in the same year....the special little belter.

It imports shit loads from us. You could always look at the data.
My post clearly referenced the 'trading partnership' between Germany and the Baltics, Greece and the SE member states.

That Germany imports shit loads from us is of little relevance to the vendor - customer relationship they have with others, and misrepresented on that map.

The whole world is laughing at the UK for causing the border issue and potentially derailing the GFA because we haven't come up with a plan beyond some unicorn based tech border.
Do you have some factual source for your bold and oft repeated assertion of the ‘whole world laughing at the UK’?

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't be silly Purps, of course he hasn't. As pointed out before, Remainers don't answer questions.

There is virtually no argument against free trade. Last time I looked around 90% of economists agreed that free trade was beneficial to everyone and should be introduced.

Of course it’s not only tariffs, you also have to deal with insidious trade restrictions “all cigarettes imported to France have to play music when smoked or other such tripe”. The Japanese refused to allow Raleigh to sell push bikes in Japan unless they were test ridden by a Japanese cycling Olympic gold medallist (I kid you not) - there were no Japanese cycling Olympic gold medalists and it took Raleigh years to get into Japan....

But you can get round such rubbish.

Lift vat by a few percent and you could do away with import tariffs totally.
VAT by the way is the mechanism that the EU gets funded. Increase VAT take and mir money goes to the EU unde current regulations.

By the UK remaining in the customs union, the UK would have to remain in EU value added tax set up.

European Union value added tax - Wikipedia

The more money the UK raises in VAT, the more money has to be sent to Brussels.

I suspect that the EU is fully aware that without UK money flowing into the EU with or without Brexit, theres going to be a MASSIVE revenue shortfall for the EU.

I sense that this is why George Sorros is so desperate to overturn Brexit. His investments in the EU, currently propped up by the UK taxpayer take a nose dive.

This is what happens when you set yourself up as a competitor with the behemoth on our doorstep.

Perhaps if the government prepared for brexit then we'd have a better bargaining position.

We'll be in a customs union in name only and it'll be branded as a deep and special, ambitious customs arrangement etc

I'll be happy with that.

Then it'll be a question of sorting out the single market in name only.

Of course the ERG swivel eyed nutters might try to bring arch remainer PMTM, but could end up bringing down the entire conservative party in a chaotic orgy of bloodletting.

However, that could open the door to JC, JMc and Abbott...

Personally, I don't think that enough Tories are prepared to risk it
Cameron who led the remain campaign chose to instruct the civil service to not bother planning for a leave vote.

My post clearly referenced the 'trading partnership' between Germany and the Baltics, Greece and the SE member states.

That Germany imports shit loads from us is of little relevance to the vendor - customer relationship they have with others, and misrepresented on that map.
WGAF about the EU internally? We're leaving remember and 44% of our trade is with them. You moved onto you "clearly referenced" when supplied with UK data, otherwise known as "look a pigeon"

Same link will give you data for Baltics if you can be arsed. Estonia has 5.5% of its exports going to Germany and 11% coming in.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You prefer to bang on about David Cameron without acknowledging the mismanagement of the current government
Considering the shitcan they were handed and the almost treasonous efforts of Remainiacs since the referendum I think this government has done a very difficult job to the best of their not so small abilities. The voters said get us out of the EU and, despite the pitfalls and denials from Remainiacs, PMTM is on track to do just that.

Now, yet again, what are the benefits for us to stay in the EU? Don't run out the usual crap as the electorate have already said what they think of that - no, indtesd tell us what benefits could the EU bring to the UK to persuade us to reverse the decision and return to their dungeon, sorry, fold? How about spending some of the considerable time you spend on this thread explaining what the EU will do to entice us back?

I didn't ask you specifically- but being all insightful I am assuming that the question about approving them as given that the CU has morphed into has yet to be clarified by the EU . Answers on a postcard-this century prefereably
"English m**********, do you speak it?"

Now, yet again, what are the benefits for us to stay in the EU? Don't run out the usual crap as the electorate have already said what they think of that - no, indtesd tell us what benefits could the EU bring to the UK to persuade us to reverse the decision and return to their dungeon, sorry, fold? How about spending some of the considerable time you spend on this thread explaining what the EU will do to entice us back?
The EU doesn't need to entice the UK back.

Either we pretend to leave, or we crash out with a catastrophic brexit and the UK will be begging to rejoin in 10 years.

The benefits have been done to death yet you choose to dismiss them.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Either we pretend to leave, or we crash out with a catastrophic brexit and the UK will be begging to rejoin in 10 years.

That has been your stock answer since the referendum which, yet again does not even come close to answering the question.

Why can't you just be honest with us, and more importantly with yourself, and admit you don't have an answer?

Any benefits died on 24/6/2016 when the result came in. Nothing said since then has come anywhere near to persuading me to return to the dictatorship. Indeed the actions of Barnier et al, who you constantly remind us are acting on the instructions of the heads of state of the other MS, have been nothing more than out and out bullying. Thankfully we have a PM able to ignore him and get on with the job.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You’re site penis of the year award is well deserved.

Did you get a medal or something when you won?