Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The whole world is laughing at the UK for causing the border issue and potentially derailing the GFA because we haven't come up with a plan beyond some unicorn based tech border.

If we crashed out, you do realise that we would be required to have border controls to trade under WTO rules, do you?

The border issue has been caused by the UK and it's up to the government to come up with a solution
Misread me again eh?

I am pro hard border.

And by the way - the whole world is not, in fact, laughing at the UK.

That is something that is only going on in your head.

We are creating the border. That's it. Unless you can get the EU to implement fundamental treaty change to satisfy our needs.
I agree. It is an issue of our making. It should, therefore, be an issue that is within our gift to resolve (especially given pre-existing arrangements) rather than having to have our homework checked by a recalcitrant EU.

This is what happens when you set yourself up as a competitor with the behemoth on our doorstep.

Perhaps if the government prepared for brexit then we'd have a better bargaining position.

We'll be in a customs union in name only and it'll be branded as a deep and special, ambitious customs arrangement etc

I'll be happy with that.

Then it'll be a question of sorting out the single market in name only.

Of course the ERG swivel eyed nutters might try to bring arch remainer PMTM, but could end up bringing down the entire conservative party in a chaotic orgy of bloodletting.

However, that could open the door to JC, JMc and Abbott...

Personally, I don't think that enough Tories are prepared to risk it
Did you used to hide behind the sofa when the daleks were on?

I agree. It is an issue of our making. It should, therefore, be an issue that is within our gift to resolve (especially given pre-existing arrangements) rather than having to have our homework checked by a recalcitrant EU.
Apparently the dog ate our homework.

The argument against it is "Make America Great Again."
what you don't seem to get- is that is exactly the Point. WTO is not standing still and neither is trump. The Ball game is changing right in front of the EU's eyes. AND NO ONE HAS YET ANSWERED MY QUESTION. I assume that no one has yet come up with the answer.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
what you don't seem to get- is that is exactly the Point. WTO is not standing still and neither is trump. The Ball game is changing right in front of the EU's eyes. AND NO ONE HAS YET ANSWERED MY QUESTION. I assume that no one has yet come up with the answer.
I hope you are not really expecting an answer to your question from Remainers, they see their role as questioners, not suppliers of answers and solutions. One of the main reason they will never win - they offer nothing.

Meerkatz posts laughable unsubstantiated lies from the Daily Express and the leavers fall over each other to lap it up.

Parody wrapped in satire wrapped in parody

Meerkatz posts laughable unsubstantiated lies from the Daily Express and the leavers fall over each other to lap it up.

Parody wrapped in satire wrapped in parody
Said the man who posted a "because of Brexit" link that was specifically not due to brexit...

And one who was so keen to stab the mong button that he gave me a like.

Relax. It will soon all be over and you can come out from behind the sofa.

Remainers are just following their Masters!
Its funny that, I was quite a long way through my military career when I realised that many military folks (particularly on the plethora of bloated staffs) fell into one of two categories, those who were really clever at pointing out pitfalls and those who were really good at sorting them out. The former, it seemed to me, outnumbered the latter by a considerable margin, and many built their entire careers out of that ability to stand on the touchline and call the shots without actually having to resolve anything. Meanwhile the whole thing was carried along by the do-ers.

There were only a very tiny handful who could do both.

Sometimes as I read through threads like this I find myself pigeon holing posters into my, admittedly over simplistic, categories.

Thread drift over - back on topic now!

None of us have black belts in stream of consciousness, you've not tagged me with any questions, I've been working in Berlin for a week and have neither the time nor inclination trawl back. HTH

How having no tariffs can defeat Trump's tariffs is beyond me.

I hope you are not really expecting an answer to your question from Remainers, they see their role as questioners, not suppliers of answers and solutions. One of the main reason they will never win - they offer nothing.
If you spend all day shouting at clouds you can hardly get upset when you're ignored.

The whole world is laughing at the UK for causing the border issue and potentially derailing the GFA because we haven't come up with a plan beyond some unicorn based tech border.

If we crashed out, you do realise that we would be required to have border controls to trade under WTO rules, do you?

The border issue has been caused by the UK and it's up to the government to come up with a solution
Misread me again eh?

I am pro hard border.

And by the way - the whole world is not, in fact, laughing at the UK.

That is something that is only going on in your head.
That's the thing isn't it? As far as the RoW are concerned, it most definitely is not 'all about Brexit'. Mildly interested as to how it will pan out: possibly; laughing: definitely not. Still, if it suits the narrative . . .

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Its funny that, I was quite a long way through my military career when I realised that many military folks (particularly on the plethora of bloated staffs) fell into one of two categories, those who were really clever at pointing out pitfalls and those who were really good at sorting them out. The former, it seemed to me, outnumbered the latter by a considerable margin, and many built their entire careers out of that ability to stand on the touchline and call the shots without actually having to resolve anything. Meanwhile the whole thing was carried along by the do-ers.

There were only a very tiny handful who could do both.

Sometimes as I read through threads like this I find myself pigeon holing posters into my, admittedly over simplistic, categories.

Thread drift over - back on topic now!
Now that would make an interesting post :eek: