Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Are we all still spouting complete and utter bollox about a non-existent border between 6 counties of one country and 26 of another?
The self same border that since 6th December 1921 was never ever policed or enforced effectively from one side until some time in 2001.
And not for too long either.
Why are the same suspects shitting in their pants again over a border that was only policed effectively once in nearly 100 years?
Why?

Some of you need to move out from Mum's house and experience what has happened and is currently happening in the real world.

Hard border my fcuking arrse.
Just keep shitting in your pants, life will go on.
Amazing, all these border experts. Get yourself over to No 10. They’ll be holding weekly ‘war cabinet’ meetings from here on in until the June talks.
I’m sure they’ll value your input

(When was the border policed effectively?. Just asking like)

Amazing, all these border experts. Get yourself over to No 10. They’ll be holding weekly ‘war cabinet’ meetings from here on in until the June talks.
I’m sure they’ll value your input
(When was the border policed effectively?. Just asking like)
Only once apparently...

2000s - Foot and Mouth outbreak, Houses of the Oireachtas

Crack on yourself, nothing is going to change at all except for some of you people driving south (or north) for cheaper diesel, white goods and shopping.
(Oh, and we also are out of the EU. Did I mention that?)
A bit like France and Belgium too apparently.
I am currently not anticipating shitting myself over, yet another, non existent load of old bollocks.
Wake me up when something really happens relating to me and supposed borders (please?)
Until then me, and me French dog and me Danish wife living in France will not give a rat's fcuk and we certainly will not be shitting our pants, nor will Jean-Patric in the bistro.
And he owns it and should know all about takings, tax and stuff.
He also sells fishing permits, stamps and postal orders, even to foreigners as well!
I can still buy them all too, how strange that is despite Brexit?
When he starts to worry, then so will I.

Yours Sincerely

(not shitting my pants just yet)

HtB

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Well we did try for about thirty years, back end of the last century.
A good job, reasonably well done too. The scariest thing was a Irish Special Branch roadblock on the way back into Londonderry (the county). I thought it was Donegal parking and was ready to drive around it until I spotted the sharp end of an uzi poking out from under the tweeds.

They were really nice. Not in the least bit stupid.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Only once apparently...

2000s - Foot and Mouth outbreak, Houses of the Oireachtas

Crack on yourself, nothing is going to change at all except for some of you people driving south (or north) for cheaper diesel, white goods and shopping.
(Oh, and we also are out of the EU. Did I mention that?)
A bit like France and Belgium too apparently.
I am currently not anticipating shitting myself over, yet another, non existent load of old bollocks.
Wake me up when something really happens relating to me and supposed borders (please?)
Until then me, and me French dog and me Danish wife living in France will not give a rat's fcuk and we certainly will not be shitting our pants, nor will Jean-Patric in the bistro.
And he owns it and should know all about takings, tax and stuff.
He also sells fishing permits, stamps and postal orders, even to foreigners as well!
I can still buy them all too, how strange that is despite Brexit?
When he starts to worry, then so will I.

Yours Sincerely

(not shitting my pants just yet)

HtB
Why so concerned?

It’s that old Le Shakespeare line about protesting a whole lot.
For someone not in the least bit bothered you seem to be bothered a hell of a lot.

I can’t think of one thing for the life of me which would get me as exercised as yourself on the political workings of rural France. Certainly nothing I’d feel confident about commenting on in print.

Terrorist attacks, plane crashes, disasters, that would be about it. Frances internal policy not at all. They can boogie on on. And I wish them well.

Last edited:
Why so concerned?

It’s that old Le Shakespeare line about protesting a whole lot.
For someone not in the least bit bothered you seem to be bothered a hell of a lot.

I can’t think of one thing for the life of me which would get me as exercised as yourself on the political workings of rural France. Certainly nothing I’d feel confident about commenting on in print.

Terrorist attacks, plane crashes, disasters, that would be about it. Frances internal policy not at all. They can boogie on on. And I wish them well.
Lets not forget the Y2K apocalypse.

It appears to have left you permanently bed wetting.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Lets not forget the Y2K apocalypse.

It appears to have left you permanently bed wetting.
OT and on call allowances paid for our early new year holiday. Thankfully the preparations weren’t needed, but if they had been it would be a different story. (Except the overtime and on call allowances and the holiday).
The horror and distress was worth it.

Anyway News from today’s Times
Irish border solution is a fantasy, says former EU envoy

Ah Y2K!

The last ‘Brexit’ apocalypse’

Something tells me just like The Y2K fear fest, the remoaners in a decades time will pretend they’d never been worried about Brexit.
If you can find anyone admitting they voted for the corrupt EU.
Bit like not being able to find a Nazi supporter after the war.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Which is why it's so attractive to some.
I’m beginning to think this is all a clever ploy.

Our Brexit negotiators are being deliberately obtuse on the border, right up until the deadline. Then at the last minute they produce a solution so devilishly simple and workable. The Eu mass of negotiators step back and look at our people and their entirely reasonable (British) requests with a newfound respect and grant our demands .

The rest of the world having seen how artfully we have played Johnny Foreigner will immediately want to come aboard and sign up to our regulatory alignment programme. (Which was ours all along. The DUP get told to shut up and trouser another billion)

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Yup the other side didn't
Up to your usual standard.
I believe the ones responsible for murdering that Irish policeman are still in jail. No early release. And unlike here they still hold over 60 Republicans in Irish jails.
I don’t know about you, but I consider jail to be jail wherever it is.