Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Well well, so this is the Werrity case. I dare say, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the EU commissioners aka (corps of commissionaires with apologies to the latter) all the time. Is that the best you can do? After all didn't Macron want the French state to pay for the whims of his dearly beloved. And you have the audacity to compare with Brown or Blair? Mrs Blair made fistfulls out of the Taxpayer-is she disgraced?
I meant some other persons talent. You’re just going to work a lot harder. But it’s on the internet
Google, ‘the disgraced former defence secretary Liam Fox’ I can’t make it any simpler

Meanwhile…

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said he wants a trade deal with the UK "that will flip over the day after Brexit" - and indicated that he would build on that for a subsequent agreement in the following months.
Speaking to the BBC ahead of his bilateral with Theresa May today, Trudeau said he expected to have "a version of Ceta that is standalone" with the UK from day one.
"We are very happy with trade with Britain - it's our largest trading partner in the European Union and we will look make sure there's predictability and continuity," he said.

Trudeau wants Canada-UK trade deal to "flip over" the day after Brexit

Strange how the first line points out that this is not brexit related, yet you feel they are wrong, can you explain why you are right and the Company are wrong?
If they said it's due to brexit, then that implies that all other operations will be pulled out by implication.

This is not good for share prices and union relations.

The brexodous strategies, where they are being implemented, will be done under a smokescreen of unrelated ostensible reasons. This approach steadies the ship and keeps the hard of thinking from noticing what is happening.

Brexit makes the UK less competitive for Nissan should it look anything unlike the current SM CU arrangements

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Strange how the first line points out that this is not brexit related, yet you feel they are wrong, can you explain why you are right and the Company are wrong?
Because he's a f'kin idiot!

I see the UK can't organize a piss up in an actual bottle of beer. Have you lot not left yet?

You'd think you would have had it sorted by know. Hurry up so we can have a look at what is left after the EU trade deal with the UK so we can pick the bones and see whats worth taking. Seriously it's embarrassing watching you all **** around. Man up and get on with it.

Bloody Brits, all wind and no action.

And steps back to watch those who explode......
In our defence, at least we don't have 78 legal definitions of gender.

But otherwise the cluster **** continues as expected

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm hoping he will not be around to make such a deal.......

Plus certain farming lobbyists in Quebec are already getting their pitchforks ready to stop this. Clue is the cheese issues. God how that is emotive in QC.

Oh and we can't even get beer bought in one province to be acceptable in another

Supreme Court rules provinces can limit amount of alcohol crossing their borders | CBC News

So don't get too excited about free trade here.

Also quickly in trade negotiation terms is measured in years. It will happen, it makes sense, but please don't think these things are easy and quick. If they were all other trade deals would be quick and easy and they are not. False hope is a dangerous thing and people need to understand that, yes these things can happen, but not overnight.

Plus certain farming lobbyists in Quebec are already getting their pitchforks ready to stop this. Clue is the cheese issues. God how that is emotive in QC.

Oh and we can't even get beer bought in one province to be acceptable in another

Supreme Court rules provinces can limit amount of alcohol crossing their borders | CBC News

Also quickly in trade negotiation terms is measured in years. It will happen, it makes sense, but please don't think these things are easy and quick. If they were all other trade deals would be quick and easy and they are not. False hope is a dangerous thing and people need to understand that, yes these things can happen, but not overnight.
Isn't CETA basically goods based?

Whereas the UK economy is service based, largely

The U.K. is Canada’s second biggest trading partner, and Canada runs a very healthy trade surplus with the UK.
Despite the inevitable uppitness of the Québécois, and they get uppity if a day ends in ‘y’, it’s very much in Canada’s interest to do a deal with the U.K.

I’m sure we’ll both get along just fine.

I was in Dublin last week and did a little Brexit survey by chatting with a few locals. The opinion I gained is that the last thing that they want is a 'Hard Border.' 'Who's going to pay for it, they ask, and what about the 'Good Friday Agreement?' Though when I entered through Dublin airport from a UK airport, I went through a 'Hard Border'? When returning home it was a case of a no border at all; just walk on in! why does this difference exist?
I also noted that the Germans are moving in on the Irish and offering them Consulates in places like Frankfurt. A German Trade delegation that was there the same time as I visited had a Woman delegate from the Right Wing party of Merkel's Government. She was quoted in the Irish Times newspaper as saying that 'The EU would do well to have two sorts of Member countries, working in two circles. one would be trade only, while others could be fully fledged political members.
In principal if you arrived in Dublin from the UK you should have been received in line with the CTA but I can't speak from experience as I've never travelled there. Bearing n mind the length of time Ireland have been in the community I'm astounded that Irsh don't already have consulates or they may have piggy backed ours. However the comment from the German woman is very strange in that both Germany and Ireland have signed Lisbon and everything to do with foreign policy is technicallyBrussels remit. Incredible how unjoined up the EU appears to be. Back to 2 speed Europe by the sounds of it.

The U.K. is Canada’s second biggest trading partner, and Canada runs a very healthy trade surplus with the UK.
Despite the inevitable uppitness of the Québécois, and they get uppity if a day ends in ‘y’, it’s very much in Canada’s interest to do a deal with the U.K.

I’m sure we’ll both get along just fine.
Buccaneering free trade. The world queues up for a bite

21157358-white-backed-vultures-feeding-off-a-carcass.jpg

Today’s Telegraph.

A summary for those who can’t get a look ( and for the likes of me who can’t do a lift)

Eu comprehensively rejects British proposals for avoiding a hard border with NI. This casts serious doubts on UKs ability to leave the Customs Union.

Over a series of 5 meetings U.K. plan was subjected to ‘systemic and forensic annihilation’. At a meeting this week between Eu negotiators and Olly Robbins, (UKs lead Brexit negotiator) it was made clear that none of the U.K. customs options will work........none of them.

5 rounds of meetings and back to the drawing board. The U.K. not surprisingly is somewhat shocked. TM is now to personally chair the new ‘war cabinet’ as it’s ten weeks to go until the June Eu council meeting.
Interesting times indeed.
So if they have rejected proposals for avoiding a hard border, and have not provided their own alternative then it seems to me that the EU want a hard border.

All that tosh about supporting the peace process merely empty words.

I trust the good citizens both n and s of the border can see where the problems are coming from....

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I see the UK can't organize a piss up in an actual bottle of beer. Have you lot not left yet?

You'd think you would have had it sorted by know. Hurry up so we can have a look at what is left after the EU trade deal with the UK so we can pick the bones and see whats worth taking. Seriously it's embarrassing watching you all **** around. Man up and get on with it.

Bloody Brits, all wind and no action.

And steps back to watch those who explode......
Well, it is a little more complicated than just packing your bags and turning your back on your country, isn't it?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Benefit related?

You and other brexit fools fail to see what is occurring, as I've pointed out
Your mistake, amongst a multitude of your mistakes, is to see brexit in everything without reading what is in front of you.

You are suffering from a bad case of Remainiacary! :pukel:. :alien:

I hope you get better soon! o_O

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
So if they have rejected proposals for avoiding a hard border, and have not provided their own alternative then it seems to me that the EU want a hard border.

All that tosh about supporting the peace process merely empty words.

I trust the good citizens both n and s of the border can see where the problems are coming from....
There’s a blindingly obvious fix. One that will probably creep over the horizon in the near future.

Look out for the ‘it’s not a customs union’, honest.