Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Nope UK are signatories, individual countries within the EU are signatories and the EU is a signatory. The only reason it is not used is because currently there is no need (although even for intra EU transportation much of the paperwork is still required)
@Truxx FFS man, will you stop proposing viable solutions to the looming trade crisis. Think of the blood pressure of a plethora of Remainers! They could be having cardiac problems and strokes all over the place whilst waving their EHIC cards at ambulance crews across Europe.

Nope UK are signatories, individual countries within the EU are signatories and the EU is a signatory. The only reason it is not used is because currently there is no need (although even for intra EU transportation much of the paperwork is still required)
So what does the boldes bit mean?

The TIR Convention establishes an international customs transit system with maximum facility to move goods:

• in sealed vehicles or containers;
  • from a customs office of departure in one country to a customs office of destination in another country;
  • without requiring extensive and time-consuming border checks at intermediate borders;
  • while, at the same time, providing customs authorities with the required security and guarantees."

So what does the boldes bit mean?

The TIR Convention establishes an international customs transit system with maximum facility to move goods:

• in sealed vehicles or containers;
  • from a customs office of departure in one country to a customs office of destination in another country;
  • without requiring extensive and time-consuming border checks at intermediate borders;
  • while, at the same time, providing customs authorities with the required security and guarantees."
Normally check the docket/VRN. Occasionally check the seals. Two minutes max if all is in order.

Normally check the docket/VRN. Occasionally check the seals. Two minutes max if all is in order.
Yeah, because the intention is that the sealed container will transit and exit the country. The process will be more detailed at the destination country.

Yeah, because the intention is that the sealed container will transit and exit the country. The process will be more detailed at the destination country.
And at the departing end. The point is though that all this guff about the difficulties of getting goods across borders is just that - guff.

Even in the current EU set up there is actually a lot of admin required.

But it doesn't solve the customs thing does it?

But it doesn't solve the customs thing does it?
If by that you mean that it does not equate to a customs agreement then I agree. That, however, was not the issue being discussed.

That said the existence of a customs union does not equate to no requirement for national customs effort in relation to goods, even those moving between EU member states.

Naievete is that posh Brexit for stupid?

Ok, I still think Brexit a naieve idea.. ask me again in seven years I seriously doubt that I’ll be proved wrong. Nor will I be helping fill collection boxes for poor mud crusted refugee children as they make their way through a ravaged wasteland towards mother Russia.
Well that's the point. The EU
A shouldn't have been asked to make that sacrifice
B can't sustain it. It's what I've been arguing all the time, it just seems to me that the nett payers are being milked on the altar of a ME civil war which is designed to engineer a monoculture in the ME. It's one thing to extend a helping hand, quite another to immolate one's self by design. The EU controls nothing in reality and can't afford it.

Well that's the point. The EU
A shouldn't have been asked to make that sacrifice
B can't sustain it. It's what I've been arguing all the time, it just seems to me that the nett payers are being milked on the altar of a ME civil war which is designed to engineer a monoculture in the ME. It's one thing to extend a helping hand, quite another to immolate one's self by design. The EU controls nothing in reality and can't afford it.
A monoculture in the ME or the EU?

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
@Truxx FFS man, will you stop proposing viable solutions to the looming trade crisis. Think of the blood pressure of a plethora of Remainers! They could be having cardiac problems and strokes all over the place whilst waving their EHIC cards at ambulance crews across Europe.
Really? Arrse experts outweigh those who are actually doing it?
If it were that easy don't you think, somewhere deep down in the bowels of your Brectum psyche, that someone, somewhere would be doing it?
Wave a magic wand at least.
Sounds like those passed over LCpls who know more about the way things should be done than those over-promoted Generals who only got there because they played sport and sucked up to the Adjutant.

TIR, this internationally recognised system has been in place for as long as I recall.

Now, 21st century technology advances complete with current and proposed (abeit, unproved & untested) software et al.

Ferry ports periodically use the mobile HGV thermal scanners for Customs etc.

APNR & other systems haven proven themselves ten fold, I've missed the past couple of security Expo's at the Olympia however they do have SME & MOD networking.

Tin foil hat on:

TIR improved system, combined thermal capability, complete with CCTV/ANPR with remote access via a H/O approved system, is this type of set-up not bespoke or a blueprint?

Hat off.

It's been widely argued (against HMG) that no credible system is available or in place yet PMTM has continued to state she's seeking 'bespoke' deal or arrangement, I'm aware various projects have been viewed by HMG yet nothing has been close.

Unless a blueprint system is set in place or at least trialled, I'd be interested to see what finally gets released or at approved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what's the issue? Other than some made up point in a misfiring brain. Take your time. You'll no doubt need it.
Its all he’s got , it’s a trade thread he knows eff all about trade, truxx ( and others including yours truthfully) do , therefore he cannot contribute anything meaningful so resorts to random crap he harvests off the internet .
Sad really.

Really? Arrse experts outweigh those who are actually doing it?
If it were that easy don't you think, somewhere deep down in the bowels of your Brectum psyche, that someone, somewhere would be doing it?
Wave a magic wand at least.
Sounds like those passed over LCpls who know more about the way things should be done than those over-promoted Generals who only got there because they played sport and sucked up to the Adjutant.

They are doing it. Read some of the links. In fact, outside the EU it is the way things are done.

If having a reality pointed out causes you to froth about passed over LCpls and over promoted Generals then I suggest a little more research and a little less posting from the hip.

TIR, this internationally recognised system has been in place for as long as I recall.

Now, 21st century technology advances complete with current and proposed (abeit, unproved & untested) software et al.

Ferry ports periodically use the mobile HGV thermal scanners for Customs etc.

APNR & other systems haven proven themselves ten fold, I've missed the past couple of security Expo's at the Olympia however they do have SME & MOD networking.

Tin foil hat on:

TIR improved system, combined thermal capability, complete with CCTV/ANPR with remote access via a H/O approved system, is this type of set-up not bespoke or a blueprint?

Hat off.

It's been widely argued (against HMG) that no credible system is available or in place yet PMTM has continued to state she's seeking 'bespoke' deal or arrangement, I'm aware various projects have been viewed by HMG yet nothing has been close.

Unless a blueprint system is set in place or at least trialled, I'd be interested to see what finally gets released or at approved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Google "eTIR"

The extent to which it could provide for post Brexit cross border road (and other if road is some part of the journey) movement of goods remains to be seen, but at least it is on the cards.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Google "eTIR"

The extent to which it could provide for post Brexit cross border road (and other if road is some part of the journey) movement of goods remains to be seen, but at least it is on the cards.
I predict the 'professional' unelected politicians in Brussels will continue to cut off their nose to spite their face until the proper, elected Heads of State put the brakes on them and insist on a sensible solution. And so it will continue..............

what's the issue? Other than some made up point in a misfiring brain. Take your time. You'll no doubt need it.
Its all he’s got , it’s a trade thread he knows eff all about trade, truxx ( and others including yours truthfully) do , therefore he cannot contribute anything meaningful so resorts to random crap he harvests off the internet .
Sad really.
Double bonus irony points for you two...:rofl:

Ask Labour, they broke it. But at a guess I'd say £2 Billion for staffing infrasructure etc, which you would probably make back in a year or so from underpayments. Figures for 92-93 from the management plan was a total expenditure of 766.1 Million. Forecast yield for 90-91 were 56.7 Billion. Noteably at the cusp of the single Market EC own resources i.e share of Customs duties and Ag levies was just 2 Billion. Staff years planned for 29,797 of which 11,832 were resourced to VAT.