Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Because having the UK revert to the system used by the likes of Russia and Turkey to deal with Europe doesn't sound all that attractive.
I know, using a system operated by virtually every nation in the northern hemisphere must gall the Gauls and their masters in Brussels.

Talk about isolation! Still if it can be used against the UK then it can be guaranteed it will be used instead of punishing us!

And yet it is used all the time ....
I know, using a system operated by virtually every nation in the northern hemisphere must gall the Gauls and their masters in Brussels.

Talk about isolation! Still if it can be used against the UK then it can be guaranteed it will be used instead of punishing us!

Quite. A reversion to the frictionless trade of half a century ago is so obviously the way to go with the UK's largest trading market.

Quite. A reversion to the frictionless trade of half a century ago is so obviously the way to go with the UK's largest trading market.
And they with us.

So if they want something better (and to be fair it is already quite good) then best they get cracking on a decent deal.

My point was aimed at the "can't be done" brigade. My response being that it can, it does, and it needs nothing by way of additional treaty, agreement, organisation or effort.

And they with us.

So if they want something better (and to be fair it is already quite good) then best they get cracking on a decent deal.

My point was aimed at the "can't be done" brigade. My response being that it can, it does, and it needs nothing by way of additional treaty, agreement, organisation or effort.

Is it true that the largest trading partner of the EU 27 is the UK?

And do you really believe that the no new deals, treaties, organisations or effort are required?

Is it true that the largest trading partner of the EU 27 is the UK?

And do you really believe that the no new deals, treaties, organisations or effort are required?
I am saying that for the seamless transportation of goods across borders by road (or involving road at some point in the overall journey) a system has been in place since 1949.

Therefore in respect of that specific issue ("Oh my God there will be thousands of lorrys clogging up the channel ports") I call BS.

As well you know.

It’s really difficult to see where Europe comes in for such a hard time. Brexit is going to mean more regulation not less. How could it?
I think there's a level of Naievete . If the EU is a subscriptive body paid for by the Customs Union it's never going to have the money to spend other than what Governments pledge for EU programs. So this new conectivity is going cost 150 Million E in 15 countries, wow that 10e Million per country, which they will qualify for if they eschew advertising for 3 years. effectively 15 countries bunging themselves 3 Million Euros a year. Hardly eyewatering

I am saying that for the seamless transportation of goods across borders by road (or involving road at some point in the overall journey) a system has been in place since 1949.

Therefore in respect of that specific issue ("Oh my God there will be thousands of lorrys clogging up the channel ports") I call BS.

As well you know.

No. That's an agreement for lorries to pass through but not get opened on the way, as you clearly don't know.

As well you know.
So tell me oh follower,

Why do you disagree with that?

No. That's an agreement for lorries to pass through but not get opened on the way, as you clearly don't know.
Jesus wept...

"The TIR Convention establishes an international customs transit system with maximum facility to move goods:

• in sealed vehicles or containers;
  • from a customs office of departure in one country to a customs office of destination in another country;
  • without requiring extensive and time-consuming border checks at intermediate borders;
  • while, at the same time, providing customs authorities with the required security and guarantees."
It is a bit like freedom of movement of goods. Oh - hang on

"In light of the expected increase in world trade, further enlargement of its geographical scope and the forthcoming introduction of an electronic TIR system (so-called "eTIR-system"), it is expected that the TIR system will continue to remain the only truly global customs transit system."

The vikings ( or at least the adventurous ones left , often for Penrith or Yorkshire it seems.)
As a teenager I dad used to recruit Swedish girl students to be horse trekking leaders for our summer season ( about 6 a year) until I went there I thought all swedes must be similar, ( good looking, outgoing and allways up for a laugh or a bit of an adventure). Nope they were the ones with a bit about them that left for Blighty for the summer. The stay at homes I found out were generally cut from a much duller cloth.
The Danes were much more like the Herman’s but with a sense of humour I found.
I do think it's a bit of tongue in cheek. Swedes/ Norse were probably already here since they had similarities with the Frisians, Danes, Angles and Jutes. It's just if any one wants to find a heroic side ( which it wasn't) to the English-which is of course anathema what better than just pick the vikings. It's all the bloody Victorians fault. It's also a myth that Hermans are humourless- Night out in Hamburg will change that.

Jesus wept...

"The TIR Convention establishes an international customs transit system with maximum facility to move goods:

• in sealed vehicles or containers;
  • from a customs office of departure in one country to a customs office of destination in another country;
  • without requiring extensive and time-consuming border checks at intermediate borders;
  • while, at the same time, providing customs authorities with the required security and guarantees."
It is a bit like a customs union. Oh - hang on

"In light of the expected increase in world trade, further enlargement of its geographical scope and the forthcoming introduction of an electronic TIR system (so-called "eTIR-system"), it is expected that the TIR system will continue to remain the only truly global customs transit system."

It's not. The customs bit occurs when you open the container and break the seal.

It's not. The customs bit occurs when you open the container and break the seal.
ER not these days. It traders seals all the way. The fact that people are getting ripped off all the time BECAUSE there is no requirement for customs. Just trawl down the A2 some nights and you'll see.

FYI if it's groupage, no revenue implication or part load trader seals.