Brexit Phase Two - Trade

And yet no one has thanked the PM for managing to back off a pile of undefendable redlines without so far wrecking the party.
The next big thing is realising that there’s no escaping a/the/or some sort of Customs Union deal.

What we’re looking at is temporary membership, but someone’s going to have to buckle up and realise we’re going to have to be locked into some sort of long term customs union.
What ever title we wish to put on it.

Nope.

Wow ..... Bananas in at number two. You're struggling aren't you?

What is your opinion on the monthly move from Brussels to Strasbourg?

How do you feel about the EU's handling of the Greek debt crisis?

How about Junker's congratulatory letter to Putin .. good, bad, indifferent?

Martyn Selmayr's appointment as Secretary-General of the EU Commission - discuss?

I'm pleased that you appreciated my comprehensive answer to your earlier invitation. Please feel free to respond in kind.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wow ..... Bananas in at number two. You're struggling aren't you?

What is your opinion on the monthly move from Brussels to Strasbourg?

How do you feel about the EU's handling of the Greek debt crisis?

How about Junker's congratulatory letter to Putin .. good, bad, indifferent?

Martyn Selmayr's appointment as Secretary-General of the EU Commission - discuss?

I'm pleased that you appreciated my comprehensive answer to your earlier invitation. Please feel free to respond in kind.
None of those things concern me more than leaving the EU and being fed to a pack of sharks i.e the rest of the world.

Watch the inevitable failure of the disgraced Liam Fox in the coming months

None of those things concern me more than leaving the EU and being fed to a pack of sharks i.e the rest of the world.

Dear follower,

You poor dear.

Do you really really think that (the shark stuff not the fox stuff)? More to the point do you really really think that the EU offers some sort of safe place? Feel free to draw on recent events with Russia to illustrate your answer.

Also, while you are cowering behind the sofa why not have a go at answering at least a couple of Bobs questions?

We wait with bated breath

Yours sternly

Truxx

Wow! Is that it, the sum total of your argument? If you can't answer the awkward questions about remaining you have no validity in questioning Leave. Be gone foul pest.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
Wow! Is that it, the sum total of your argument? If you can't answer the awkward questions about remaining you have no validity in questioning Leave. Be gone foul pest.
It's not for me to set your feverish paranoia about the EU at ease.

You need to sort out the irrational hatred of European cooperation within yourself

exbleep

On ROPS
On ROPs
And Trump has no input into our relationship with and exit negotiations from the EU.

Any more utterly irrelevant points yiu wish to raise?.
If we run out, we could always borrow some of your utterly irrelevant points. After all, there are plenty of them.

Here's an interesting one.

Cutting migration could boost economic growth, official forecaster says
Cutting migration after Brexit could boost growth by encouraging businesses to innovate, the Office for Budget Responsibility has said. Robert Chote, chairman of the independent forecaster, told the Treasury select committee there is a possibility lower migration from the EU could "trigger" companies to be "more productive" and deliver an economic uplift.

This is because the associated higher labour costs could "encourage firms to innovate in ways that could increase their underlying productivity," Mr Chote said. "That could have longer-lasting positive effects."
This is an interesting and important point. the tendency until now is for firm to use low cost labour from economic migrants from the EU - a simple, risk-free approach.

However, there is a clear trend towards automation and doing away with the need for low cost labour. In order to remain competitive on the world stage in 20 - 30 years time, the UK is going to have to invest heavily in automation. Otherwise we will lose out against countries that have automated and hence have reduced the labour cost of their production.

Another example of how Brexit is causing a re-think - which in this case can only be beneficial.

Wordsmith