Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I understand your confusion., anything not expressed in simple crayon drawings seem to confuse a lot of people on this thread. I have created such a drawing to help you.

View attachment 327144

In case you are still having trouble understanding this, let me point out the flaws in your post.
1. Yes, the majority of Scots who voted, voted to against the UK leaving the EU
2. Yes, some Scots are complaining about the betrayal of their fishing rights.

Your logical flaw is to assume that all Scots think the same way.

Now have another look at the diagram and see if you can work out which group are complaining.
There was a young girl from Devizes,
whose tits were two different sizes.
One was so small, it was no use at all,
And the other was big and won prizes.

And a nipple's fell orf.

ISTR from memory that two speed Europe was at the core of why we didn't join the Euro in the Naughties and was possibly mentioned in the nineties as the Euro was postulated, simply because at the time Greece, Italy in particular could not qualify for the Euro proposal. It's not new.
That's what I was saying. The idea goes all the way back

Like I said, I find it instructive how absolutist avd fanatical Remainers are in their view of Brexit.
Anything short of economic scorched earth and the EU parliament left a smoking ruin is trumpeted by them as ‘defeat’.
As opposed to full of Absolut and fantasist?

Surely more sensible to allow UK waters to be underfished and allow stock to replenish naturally as the UK fleet regrows? Then, with replenished stocks, we can run an economically and environmentally sustainable industry.
Not going to happen. We'll use our chips to the max.

The people with the power to authorise that preparation were exclusively Remainers and they chose not to for reasons of campaign advantage. They were also cross-party.

They represent the same groups and interests which have slowly ceded key elements of the UK's sovereignty to a pan-European entity without ever specifically asking permission from the electorate to do so.

We are now having to restore this situation; it won't be cheap and it will take time but the blame lies entirely with those who agreed the arrangements and frameworks which currently constrain us, and nowhere else.

We are where forty years of pro-European Unionism has put us and it won't be remedied overnight.
Nationalist guff.

Did we sell them? Or were we asked to sell them?

Either way, we voted leave.

Do you want a USE?
Peterheid fishing families were selling out as far back as the mid 80's.

That is indeed a concession.

I'll concede.

It gives the disgraced Liam Fox enough rope to hang himself.

Good luck with trying to square a race to the bottom trade deal with the USA against maintaining regulatory compliance with our biggest trading partners across the channel and the problem with the Irish border

Actually it isn't a concession.....

Yes the UK can negotiate Trade deals before we exit. BUT anyone the UK wants to have a trade deal with will already have a trade deal with the EU. None of them will do a deal with the UK until deal the UK has with the EU is signed and the ink dry.

In otherwords no country will sign a deal with the UK until we have actually left the EU. As right up untill the point HMG votes (and/or there is a referendum on the deal) which by all accounts only just going to be inside the deadline anything could change. At least something that is material to the trade agreement(s) we are seeking. Especially bearing in mind the Chinese, Russians and Americans are all being unhelpful over things like steel, aircraft etc. and skewing the international markets.

All we can do, in parallel with greatly expanding the Civil Service to deal with Brexit and set up all the parallel organisations needed to replace the EU ones we are loosing, is to negotiate 70 odd agreements in paralell to replace the ones we currently have through the EU. Except that we have nothing like the bargaining power the EU has and the counties concerned already have deals for most of the things we want to do trade in.

None of the deals we are likely to get will be as good as the ones we have now via the EU. Unless anyone has some real examples?

I was of the impression that everyone keeps saying that the UK fishing industry has been massively run down of late and needs time to recover. Ergo, when we do regain control, there should be many less boats than the equivalent pan-EU quota allows and so the stocks should recover naturally as our fleet builds to sustainable capacity. Hence no need for subsidies. That was my idea anyhow, but I am not a fisheries expert, less for very stupid trout.
Depends who you're talking to.

Sustainable British cod on the menu after stocks recover

We'll be farming more once we figure out how to do it better.

Or maybe he/she does not have a high opinion of your posts?
Aye, right sure. Posts that have been there for ages. It's definitely wet knickers.

Just a cheerful hello to be honest
Was that the defence you presented to the judge at your last arraignment for stalking? ;-)

It hasn't gone away you know ;-)

Actually it isn't a concession.....

Yes the UK can negotiate Trade deals before we exit. BUT anyone the UK wants to have a trade deal with will already have a trade deal with the EU. None of them will do a deal with the UK until deal the UK has with the EU is signed and the ink dry.

In otherwords no country will sign a deal with the UK until we have actually left the EU. As right up untill the point HMG votes (and/or there is a referendum on the deal) which by all accounts only just going to be inside the deadline anything could change. At least something that is material to the trade agreement(s) we are seeking. Especially bearing in mind the Chinese, Russians and Americans are all being unhelpful over things like steel, aircraft etc. and skewing the international markets.

All we can do, in parallel with greatly expanding the Civil Service to deal with Brexit and set up all the parallel organisations needed to replace the EU ones we are loosing, is to negotiate 70 odd agreements in paralell to replace the ones we currently have through the EU. Except that we have nothing like the bargaining power the EU has and the counties concerned already have deals for most of the things we want to do trade in.

None of the deals we are likely to get will be as good as the ones we have now via the EU. Unless anyone has some real examples?
Should we all commit suicide now or after your national armageddon strikes?

I understand your confusion., anything not expressed in simple crayon drawings seem to confuse a lot of people on this thread. I have created such a drawing to help you.

View attachment 327144

In case you are still having trouble understanding this, let me point out the flaws in your post.
1. Yes, the majority of Scots who voted, voted to against the UK leaving the EU
2. Yes, some Scots are complaining about the betrayal of their fishing rights.

Your logical flaw is to assume that all Scots think the same way.

Now have another look at the diagram and see if you can work out which group are complaining.
Good point, well put. My confusion stems from the quotes of Nicola Sturgeon.

Good point, well put. My confusion stems from the quotes of Nicola Sturgeon.
Nicola sturgeon, and now the entire ranks of Scottish Conservative MPs. All of them doing what politicians do, which is making the most of a political opportunity.

The possibility of the end of the CFP and repatriation of control of the fisheries was just about the only thing in Brexit that was attractive to me, but not enough to persuade me to vote to leave. Many people, especially those from fishing communities, saw it is the main argument for leaving. It can hardly be surprising that they’re a little upset now that the reality has hit them that the promises were empty ones.
It should also not be surprising that Nicola Sturgeon is going to remind them that she told them so. Especially after they they then went and elected some Tory MPs.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just had an alert flash up telling me the @Baglock is "Following" me - whatever that means! Nice to know he considers my words and thoughts of such great interest and import that he does not want to miss any of them.

Did you know that he won SPOTY2017 and also came third with his sock-puppet - quite a feat! :cool:

Did the UK just sign up to what they agreed to In December and then said was unacceptable?
A masterclass in orderly retreat under a smokescreen of fighting talk and rhetoric.

The ERG played their part by giving the brexiteers the illusion of contention.

All in a complex choreography to fool the true believers.

PMTM (a remainer) pulled the strings, whilst others danced like Riverdancing monkeys to her tune.

It's brought the UK some time to negotiate transition in perpetuity

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453