Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
haven't the Japanese ploughed lots of money in to several UK sites recently? They'll find a way to make it work for them I'm sure. They're not daft. Unlike your average frothing remainer.

They probably got european grants to do that. Have a look at where the plants are and no they aren’t daft.

exactly. And if unpredictability is the word of the day they can't predict how to make profit. So we'll park that particular twaat in the 'not really pertinent to Brexit' pile.
It appears that you've parked it in the fingers in your ears "la,la,la,la,la,la,la,la....can't hear you" pile. Again.

Does the Japanese government own car plants in the UK?
Feck me Andy. Your studies must have covered the relationship between Japanese/Asian governments and industry surely?

haven't the Japanese ploughed lots of money in to several UK sites recently? They'll find a way to make it work for them I'm sure. They're not daft. Unlike your average frothing remainer.
Oh look. You got a SABC for highlighting facts that don't fit with @Baglock opinion.

Brexit will get the blame Forbes a lot of things. Airbus used it and then wefind out that Airbus globally struggling.

Fortinum and Mason used it and the new we find out it's because of poor business planning.

I was thinking of you and
Japanese political appointee talking to British politician - where are the business men who would make it work?
also of you when I posted this.
It appears some are just on auto spout .

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Brexit will get the blame Forbes a lot of things. Airbus used it and then wefind out that Airbus globally struggling.

Fortinum and Mason used it and the new we find out it's because of poor business planning.
What the f**k are you talking about/smoking?

They have. They also covered the facts that Japanese governments don't like playing politics.

Didn't you see this the other week?

Subscribe to read
Japanese government is very much playing politics. It has to.

What's the investment cycle? If they up sticks it isn't going to be instant.

Baglock

On ROPS
On ROPs
@AfghanAndy I refuse to believe that you are so dense that you can't connect the Japanese car companies and the Japanese government warning about the negative consequences of leaving the SM CU with, well the negative consequences of leaving these Frameworks.

It's unfathomable that anyone can be this dense.

I suggest that like @Tired_Tech @Auld-Yin @Wordsmith @Truxx @LeoRoverman and many others you've finally reached peak denial.

I think I have heard it all now.

Brexit even got a mention in "Homeland"

(The Russkies did it according to the National Security Adviser)

I see from the thread however that there has been the sounds of hoofbeats on the ground...

@AfghanAndy I refuse to believe that you are so dense that you can't connect the Japanese car companies and the Japanese government warning about the negative consequences of leaving the SM CU with, well the negative consequences of leaving these Frameworks.

I suggest that like @Tired_Tech @Auld-Yin @Wordsmith @Truxx @LeoRoverman and many others you've finally reached peak denial.
Peak denial? Have a word with yourself.

Yes, and they've also got the EU to finally drop their 10% duty on imported Japanese cars.

Wut? The Japanese build gazillions of cars in the UK and its now not going to have EU tariffs slapped on Japanese cars made in the UK post Brexit?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Strong the irony is in Baggie!

Wordsmith's argument the other day that nothing much would change for a decade was a masterpiece of back-pedalling.
Wordsmith didn't say that at all.

What Wordsworth said was that the process of executing change was best executed over a decade to avoid unnecessarily ruffling feathers in Brussels and to avoid too rapid change impacting on the UK economy. After a decade of slow but progressive change, I would expect that there will be substantial divergences between the EU and the UK.

If you are going to quote me, then please quote the pertinent post. Then everyone reading the post will know what I actually said rather than what you think I said.

Wordsmith

You mean, something which equated to a huge sigh of relief, socially and enonomically.
Absoluely.
what you really mean that had remain won-it would have been purely academic. And why would the sigh of relief have been socially? Economically I can understand.......but socially?

Oh Mods is there something that can be done for Baglock- therapy or some such? he contributes nothing of any substance. I wouldn't normally ask. Unfortunately ignore doesn't block buttons