Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The EU's mischief making in Russians near abroad is going to end in tears.
Heavily promoted by Blair and Clinton if memory serves me correctly.....not really supported by many others.

I think from the EUs case though, expansion of the EU borders for economic reason so has been a major driving factor. A mature market like the EU that lacks innovation (yes, the german economy isn't defined as innovative) requires an increase in population size.

It hasn't been helped by the history of Eastern Europe having an awful lot of ethnic Germans throughout the region wanting ti become part of greater by Germany.

Could the EU not have helped Dave avoid BREXIT?
Have you ever dealt with people from Central Europe? There will be no deviation from the plan. Issues that have not been factored in shall Ben ignored.

If you've ever dealt with the German military you'll understand. 'But they shouldn't Be shooting at us......we shall ignore this violence aimed at us because it shouldn't be happening.'

The EU should be standing shoulder to shoulder with the U.K on the Russia issue. There simply should not be a weakness for Putin to exploit.

The U.K. Has been very conciliatory towards the EU and has continually emphasised it's desire for a deep and special partnership to replace formal membership of the EU. The EU, however, has put politics before the interests of the U.K and the MS, and is deliberately trying to weaken the UK. The remainers seem to think this is a fair strategy for the EU to pursue, while ignoring the bigger security picture.

The EU has contributed to the current situation by expanding it's influence eastwards into countries that have have always come under the Russian sphere of influence eg Ukraine.

I repeat, that the EU has not been the organisation that ensured peace in Europe since 1945. This has to be credited to the USA and UK. It is no coincidence that Putin has been emboldened by the turmoil in Washington and the perceived weakness of the U.K. The EU are a paper tiger when it comes to real security.

This is a time for the UK to reassert it's values and lead. Something the EU has never done.

Those remainers that abstained from voting for PMTM ( or worse voted for the appeaser Corbyn), and so far have revelled at her weakness, are you still feeling proud?

I doubt it and he didn't have the nous to engage early enough to get the changes he wanted. It would have involved something like Maastricht and would have needed enough people on board before being proposed. He blew it in 2012 looking for a nice headline for the swivel eyed loons and was apparently advised against a referendum by Osborne in 2014/15.
the EU failed too. It knew what was at stake. It could have made the reform that was asked for, and the reform would have benefited many other countries. Not least because UK would still be a member. JC's dark meetings, onwards to the USSE, and 'we know what to do, just not get elected after' all meant that the British people would vote leave. Now we have the tragic situation where many EU countries are asking for the same things that the UK had been rejected. There are a fair few in Brussels (or it Strasbourg this week?) who should be taking a good look at themselves in the mirror. Still, only a few, easily reformed from within, flaws, eh.

Heavily promoted by Blair and Clinton if memory serves me correctly.....not really supported by many others.

I think from the EUs case though, expansion of the EU borders for economic reason so has been a major driving factor. A mature market like the EU that lacks innovation (yes, the german economy isn't defined as innovative) requires an increase in population size.

It hasn't been helped by the history of Eastern Europe having an awful lot of ethnic Germans throughout the region wanting ti become part of greater by Germany.
Forgotten too by many is that Many is the fact that many were originally in Greater Prussia or Austria Hungary bits of which were nicked to create the Potmess. So it's no surprise that many ex Germans would vote to be Germans again. But Russia would have viewed the expansion of the EU by accepting ex Warsaw pact as an expansion of NATO, which in some respects it became. The fact that Russian Policy implies annexation by definition is the other side of the coin. The real issue for me is that if Europe honestly thinks that the EU can have a defence capability to match America in NATO , it really is following French thinking. It doesn't like Nato because It's not in command, that's Gaullist. They like it even more since we won't be in the mix.

An interesting piece on the origins of the current shambles we find ourselves in:

LRB · William Davies · What are they after?
I'm sorry but once I read this:
"To paraphrase Neil Kinnock, how did we end up in the grotesque chaos of a Conservative government – a Conservative government – setting about the seemingly deliberate demolition of the United Kingdom and its economy?"

....I realised that the whole thing was an immense ironic spoof.

Who in their right minds would use an ex Eu commissioner as some sort of sage

but is @Higgs_bosun able to grasp that? If you trigger another avalanche of imbecilic hyperbole and poultry, on your own head be it. Concomitant to @Baglock / @s***tingabags bellthronkery.
Oh I don't think he cares, he is after all probably far richer than Yow and can afford to loose 20K (allegedly) . Besides he must be in mourning for Stephen Hawking RIP ( really) . We're just going to have to accord him some empathy. There ya Go Higgsy- big hug.

And you clearly have no idea how insidious this is going to be. Just how effective will the Banks be at Money Laundering controls with their vested interest, which they continously ignore.
I have every idea how insidious it will be.

Remember who put me on ignore for pointing out the corruption within UK banking and that London's known as the money laundering capital of the world? Nope?

Why don't you just make something up then? Feck me, you have. Again.

Cameron didn't have to deliver a referendum.

Cameron didn't have to abide by the (advisory) result.
1) If Cameron hadn't put a referendum into the Tory party manifesto, he would have lost a significant share of the vote to UKIP and lost the election.

2) If Cameron hadn't abided by the result, the Tories would have been consigned to electoral oblivion at the next GE by highly fornicated off voters, myself included. The constitutional consequences of the government ignoring the result of the referendum it had itself called would also have been immense.

The electorate was given the opportunity to state whether it wanted to remain in the EU or not. 52% of the electorate (a majority of over a million voters) decided to hit the exit button.

Isn't it time you respected that result?

Wordsmith

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
When you’ve finished wibbling, why the EU will bend over and do as Russia tells it

https://arirusila.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/eu-gas-russia.jpg
What has us asking for extra gas from Russia to get us through Christmas and the New Year got to do with Europe?

Why are Russia going to give Europe a hard time?
What’s the point, according to the nut jobs on here Europe and the Eu are due to collapse in on themselves, (also if you believe the loonies, they’re probably worn out due to incessant bullying of us)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470