Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It's a pity that the EU couldn't or wouldn't throw Cameron a bone to avert BREXIT.

Perhaps they didn't (or still don't) believe that BREXIT would weaken the EU and hand advantage to Vladimir.

Unintended consequences alles uber the platz.
As I understand, throwing a bone would've required major treaty change. Happy to be corrected though

It's a pity that the EU couldn't or wouldn't throw Cameron a bone to avert BREXIT.

Perhaps they didn't (or still don't) believe that BREXIT would weaken the EU and hand advantage to Vladimir.

No.
They didnt expect the referendum to go the way it did. They fully expected capitulation......remainers can thank us for voting the right way, as we knew full well what we were voting for and why.

Now, I know @Baglock and @Higgs_bosun are a bit OTT, and not even funny, when they call the claque mongs. Trouble is, they go to extreme lengths to prove him right.
I measure gobshitery in Yins, incoherent babble in Leo's, pretentious self deceptive waffle in Fyrds or Mangles depending which has amused the most. All combined are measured in Katzez.

it's expected of France? A few flaws in the EU but we should stay and reform from within? Personally, I'm with storming Norman. Going to war without France is like going hunting without your accordion.
Nazis
Ponzi
Diktats.

Rinse, repeat. Avoid facts at all costs.

I'm consistently amazed at the number of people who seem to think that NATO operates in some sort of vacuum, completely shielded from the politics of so many of its members. In terms of Western European security both matter, the EU can, and has applied soft power in this context.

The extent of Putin's influ

That's probably why the Russians get concerned about the resurgence of the Prussian empire and its historical meddlings in russias sphere of influence.

Here's on everything guy who hasn't aspirations of becoming the first president of the USE poking the bear.

Tony Blair values cooperation with the Baltic States | Government of Republic of Estonia

Nato embraces Eastern partners in biggest step for half a century

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_25599.htm?selectedLocale=en

Let's also not forget the EUs desire to integrate Russia's bread basket into the EU.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
No.
They didnt expect the referendum to go the way it did. They fully expected capitulation......remainers can thank us for voting the right way, as we knew full well what we were voting for and why.
Great, at last someone’s going to explain what’s going on. Who we’re trading with, what we’re flying in and with. And what’s going to happen around the Irish border.
Better than that, I wouldn’t tell anyone on here, I’d knock no 10s door and go for the knighthood.

I'm afraid I'm not paying attention.
Meanwhile, whilst others dream of the EU collapsing and stuff...Fox is conquering the known world.

I note that Italy has demanded a renegotiation on treaties specifically on the issue of Migration, Euronews tonight. I'll just leave that there.
Changing the laws of physics is easier than treaty change, apparently.

Both the EU and UK could have avoided being weakened and gifting Vlad (and binning a multitude of mutually beneficial arrangements)but for the impossibility of treaty change.

That's probably why the Russians get concerned about the resurgence of the Prussian empire and its historical meddlings in russias sphere of influence.

Here's on everything guy who hasn't aspirations of becoming the first president of the USE poking the bear.

Tony Blair values cooperation with the Baltic States | Government of Republic of Estonia

Nato embraces Eastern partners in biggest step for half a century

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/opinions_25599.htm?selectedLocale=en

Let's also not forget the EUs desire to integrate Russia's bread basket into the EU.

The EU's mischief making in Russians near abroad is going to end in tears.

Well, yes, but we are where we are.

I'm consistently amazed at the number of people who seem to think that NATO operates in some sort of vacuum, completely shielded from the politics of so many of its members. In terms of Western European security both matter, the EU can, and has applied soft power in this context.

The extent of Putin's influence on Brexit is up for debate, but it is obvious Russia sees it as a strategic win, fracture the political unity of Western Europe you inevitably weaken the political unity within NATO, particularly in responding to threats that fall short of an unambiguous Article 5 event.

Add to the current European political situation the fact that Russia has their favoured man in the Oval Office (regardless of how much, if any, collusion Trump and his team conducted) the Kremlin is on a winning streak in geo politics.

'soft power' not backed up by military muscle is worth the square root of nothing.

And the former EU military heavy lifter Germany would now be hard put to mount a Boy Scout Jamboree, let alone any meaningful military operation in the East.

The EU's 'influence' on Putin is pretty much zero.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 249
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22