Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Fair comment, but not my job. That is for those on the remain side of the house and who look for a serious debate to do.

In the meantime, any comments on the other two points made?
Serious debate was trashed a couple of years ago, often by the same people who whine about Baglock's use of negative votes.

It isn't the CAA who need to pull their fingers out, it's the government and they're not going to do it are they? Because a) They can't afford to be seen to be spending the amount of money that this would cost and 2) They know they can't pull it off in time if at all. A "No deal" would be very bad for the UK aviation industry and our options are EASA or the FAA. The latter would truly be the order of the pineapple. No malice involved but the spams would do us over. The EU will hit us over the head with EASA as and when they feel the need.

The second point is demonstrably wrong unless you count as voting to leave meaning those who did so knew that they wanted to leave the EU and that's it. Every time points are raised that were raised during the referendum debate there's a howling of "How very dare they?"

The narrative from DD, BoJo, Fox and Gove is no more than sound bites.

Still waiting to hear who the world will cope with the alleged total collapse of global air transportation After Brexit.

Why isn't the world up in arms at this coming global trade and transportation apocalypse.
Because you made it up. HTH.

Fair comment, but not my job. That is for those on the remain side of the house and who look for a serious debate to do.

In the meantime, any comments on the other two points made?

It's a little late for a serious debate on the referendum since that was 20 months ago.

The drama now is whether PMTM can continue to hold the divided Tories together in the face of a growing Tory rebellion and a resurgent Labour Party. This is before we have to consider the response of the EU and that rather tricky business in Ireland.

It's a little late for a serious debate on the referendum since that was 20 months ago.
Far far far too fcuking late for any of you lot to make a difference.
By social media campaign or otherwise.

The evidence is unfolding on a daily basis.
You take part in a discussion? My arrse. Your pressel is still apparently stuck on transmit me old Canuck love.

As opposed to the Leave Campaign, which was founded entirely on honesty and virtue.
Oh, and dig a cellar too.
As one sock speaking to another sock, you are not currently the chairman of the honesty and virtue committee of socks. I have corresponded to him by other means and he says you are not.
Give it a few more years.
I may yet then be persuaded to propose you.

In the meantime I suggest that you all cash in your airmiles, or upgrade on any flights/holidays as fast as you can in the limited time available, maybe get yourselves in to the Club Lounges and make the most of it while it is available in the airports within UK airspace ?
If I may also suggest, buy candles, lots of them and perhaps dig a cellar.

The whole point of this discussion is to establish that regardless of democracy or the inappropriate use of a referendum, brexit was loaded by ignorance and is harmful to us all. The evidence is unfolding on a daily basis.
really? what would have been the appropriate use of a referendum? Or perhaps we shouldn't have had one. The point is we did, we elected a Government on that basis and then we had one. Remember it's politicians who drive this for the benefit of their interests. One could argue that Remain have a benefit in us remaining ignorant.

You take part in a discussion? My arrse. Your pressel is still apparently stuck on transmit me old Canuck love.

As one sock speaking to another sock, you are not currently the chairman of the honesty and virtue committee of socks. I have corresponded to him by other means and he says you are not.

In the meantime I suggest that you all cash in your airmiles, or upgrade on any flights/holidays as fast as you can in the limited time available, maybe get yourselves in to the Club Lounges and make the most of it while it is available in the airports within UK airspace ?

Is there something the matter, dear?

Good old @bluffio-bluffington there, going out of his way there to demonstrate that not every Leave Voter is articulate or intelligent. ^^

Good old @bluffio-bluffington there, going out of his way there to demonstrate that not every Leave Voter is articulate or intelligent. ^^
Have you now voted yourself into the position of the chairman of the honour and virtue committee for socks?
I think we should be told, oh superior one of the socks persuasion.

Conversely every remain voter is inarticulate or perhaps incontinent?

Still stuck on permasend though huh ...........................................?

The drama now is whether PMTM can continue to hold the divided Tories together in the face of a growing Tory rebellion and a resurgent Labour Party. This is before we have to consider the response of the EU and that rather tricky business in Ireland.
You really should have read the the post to which I was referring. That way it would not seem that you were the one constantly referencing the referendum.

For the avoidance of doubt this the thread is about trade and the post concerned about aviation.

Well this was well known before the referendum. So why did all the Brexit Loons vote to kill all civil aviation inthe UK for a decade? (and most UK trade with it) That is what they did if they did, as most maintain, knew what the4y were voting for. There is no Plan B for this.

As pointed out we can't leave the ECJ. UKPLC is also demanding we stay in the Single market and customers union. The majority of the UK want to stay in the EU*. Time to cancel brexit.

*Yes the majority now wants to stay in.... if you don't believe me ask them before we have a GE and Corbyn gets in. Don'r come the bollox about the referendum 2 years ago.... a lot of the Brexiteers didn't have a clue what they were voting for. Now they do they don't want it.

The Vote on the referendum deal will prove that.
I think you'll find that many Brexiteers voted Leave in order to evade government endowed with the power of general interest, even if they didn't have the academic background to understand and define it as such.

When one understands the fundamental constitutional implications of that principle and how it has been used and abused in the past, one may begin to understand why objectors in the aviation sector and (bits of) UKPLC are utterly irrelevant and why higher priorities require them to be braver and find ways to adapt.

The whole point of this discussion is to establish that regardless of democracy or the inappropriate use of a referendum, brexit was loaded by ignorance and is harmful to us all. The evidence is unfolding on a daily basis.
I can hardly be blamed if people didn't realise the referendum was an exercise in democracy and all about self determination. I thought people kneww what they were voting about.

Or did the experts not tell you?

And it strikes me that the whole point of this discussion is trade and how it will be affected by Brexit..

I can hardly be blamed if people didn't realise the referendum was an exercise in democracy and all about self determination. I thought people kneww what they were voting about.

Or did the experts not tell you?

And it strikes me that the whole point of this discussion is trade and how it will be affected by Brexit..
The point has been made endlessly and at the highest level that the talk of so called "trade deals" to date have been pure fantasy and illusions. There is no one in this forum capable or qualified to improve on that. Brexit is self harm...recovery will be a needless mountain to climb.

A silk purse from a sow's ear is a delusion, no reason to discuss the colour of it.

Make that three pints Ern, 2 x golf top and a semi-skimmed.
Same coherence in narrative as usual..milkround - considerably richer than yow - milkround. Make up yer mind. Anything to add to the discussion?

I see Corbyn is being urged by many in his party to commit to staying in the Single Market.

It will be interesting to see what position he lays out this week.

If he made such a commitment, he'd win my vote.

All we need then is for this uniquely terrible government to fall and a GE

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470