Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Brown was a twat and it should have gone to parliament first. But it has absolutely bog all to do with the current debacle in the UK parliament.
You think it has 'bog all' to do with current situation. Gradual degradation of UK sovereignty, without democratic approval, in dark rooms in European cities...

brains of Europe, you.

It may be a reason that the UK voted out (but I doubt it as not many people even considered it and were more interested in the over inflated cost and all those foreigners coming in from Turkey) but it has nothing to do with what is going on at the moment.
Calm down d*ck splat. assuming all leavers are racist or xenophobic is just a salve for your own, and fellow remainers, own xenophobic demons. And your neuroses and timidity.

I guess facts are something you believe should be kept from people in case they get upset.
It's certainly the EU way...
Like facts like Banks' money? Or the facts abour the financial links between different leave groups that are still being hidden?

Or is it only the facts from your opposition that need to be only out in the open?

You think it has 'bog all' to do with current situation. Gradual degradation of UK sovereignty, without democratic approval, in dark rooms in European cities...

brains of Europe, you.

Calm down d*ck splat. assuming all leavers are racist or xenophobic is just a salve for your own, and fellow remainers, own xenophobic demons. And your neurotic demons and timidity.
Proving your stupidity once again and reading things in to justify your POV.
Get help, dear boy, professional help.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Where does Electoral law say that is illegal?

Genuine question. If you can provide solid source links to show me it is, then i'd happily admit i'm wrong.
The timing of its release was designed to keep it out of the official campaign period so while technically legal in the letter of the Law, in spirit that is doubtable. The delivery of the booklet was delayed in Scotland to keep it away from our elections but when finally delivered was well in the campaign period.

I am assuming that there is a get out of jail clause somewhere that allows laws to be circumvented in Scotland when it suits Westminster!

Now time for you to answer a question - if Leave had produced a similar document, how much rage and angst coupled with furious legal action do you think Remain would have generated?

Last edited:
The timing of its release was designed to keep it out of the official campaign period so while technically legal in the letter of the Law, in spirit that is doubtaboe. The delivery of the booklet was delayed in Scotland to keep it away from our elections but when finally delivered was well in the campaign period.

I am assuming that there is a get out of jail clause somewhere that allows laws to be circumvented in Scotland when it suits Westminster!

Now time for you to answer a question - if Leave had produced a similar document, how much rage and angst coupled with furious legal action do you think Remain would have generated?
Remain didn't produce it though, it was a Government leaflet, which i was under the impression the Government are not counted as a campaign group. Which makes it hard to see how Leave campaign groups would've gotten away with it like the Government did.

For the sake of argument, if Leave did, then i think we all know Remain would have reacted. I'm not suggesting either side would act in any way differently.

I only asked about it, as it seems absurd to me, to compare one that wasn't illegal, to acts that were. People don't have to agree with me in the slightest.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Remain didn't produce it though, it was a Government leaflet, which i was under the impression the Government are not counted as a campaign group. Which makes it hard to see how Leave campaign groups would've gotten away with it like the Government did.

For the sake of argument, if Leave did, then i think we all know Remain would have reacted. I'm not suggesting either side would act in any way differently.

I only asked about it, as it seems absurd to me, to compare one that wasn't illegal, to acts that were. People don't have to agree with me in the slightest.
The booklet was blatent Remain and although issued by the government, using taxpayers' money, it had to be issued when it was or the amount would have had to be added to the Remain campaign spending thus stopping them from spending anything. Also, had it been published during the official campaign then the government would probably have been forbidden to issue it as, as you point out, they were officially not part of either campaign - aye right!

As I said it met the letter, but certainly not the spirit, of the Law.

The funny part is it probably convinced more folk to vote leave than remain...

Had the sh*tc*nts prepared a balanced booklet it would probably have win more remain supporters.

Superbly misjudged by folk who had become disconnected, to the point of autism, from the people they purport to represent.

As it stands they may As well have prepared a document with a picture of Hitler and the words 'you're Hitler if you wish to leave' and a picture of jc kissing a baby.

I received a letter from the North Derbyshire Conservative Association chairman today... it concerned local politics and the upcoming local elections.

Most timely indeed. After the shocking disregard for the entire electorate shown by the HoC this week, I took the opportunity in my reply to withdraw my hitherto life long support of the Conservative party at both local and national levels along with my thoughts on the utter shambles of out of control government and shockingly absent leadership from the worst prime minister of my life time.

The grass roots associations probably deserve better but how else can extreme dissatisfaction be expressed?

Which makes it hard to see how Leave campaign groups would've gotten away with it like the Government did.
They didn't need to. The Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, and Daily Express had been running their front-page spreads of "leave the EU or the swarms of immigrants will steal both your jobs and your benefits, and force you to straighten all of your bananas while celebrating Hanukkah and Diwali and getting rid of the Great British Sausage" every month for the previous twenty or thirty years.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They didn't need to. The Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph, and Daily Express had been running their front-page spreads of "leave the EU or the swarms of immigrants will steal both your jobs and your benefits, and force you to straighten all of your bananas while celebrating Hanukkah and Diwali and getting rid of the Great British Sausage" every month for the previous twenty or thirty years.
And of course the Mail, Telegraph and Express all used taxpayers' money to get their message out?

And of course the Mail, Telegraph and Express all used taxpayers' money to get their message out?
It would be irony indeed to claim that "the Government never made the case for remaining in the EU", and at the same time claim that by pointing out the benefits of remain, and laying out what they believed to be the facts of the matter, they were somehow being underhanded.

The owners of the Mail, the Telegraph, and the Express didn't have to fund the Leave campaign, or declare campaign spending - they just told their editors what to say...

Next, you'll be claiming that the Bank of England estimates of the impact of Brexit aren't an appropriate public-service delivery of information, but instead are just "government-funded propaganda".

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It would be irony indeed to claim that "the Government never made the case for remaining in the EU", and at the same time claim that by pointing out the benefits of remain, and laying out what they believed to be the facts of the matter, they were somehow being underhanded.

The owners of the Mail, the Telegraph, and the Express didn't have to fund the Leave campaign, or declare campaign spending - they just told their editors what to say...

Next, you'll be claiming that the Bank of England estimates of the impact of Brexit aren't an appropriate public-service delivery of information, but instead are just "government-funded propaganda".
Considering the accuracy of the BofE estimates I doubt many consider them a public service. Still it was nice for the Gov of the Bank to apologise for being so wrong!

And with that, are remoaners quite happy to be dictated to by a manipulative bullying EU in order to get what best suits only them?

If this is the case, then in the event we stay in the EU and they try to push for us to replace the £ with the Euro and insist we sign up to a European Army, then they have no place to moan like fck because they seem very happy to be ruled by absolute c***s
Euro membership and an 'EU Army' are myths only suitable for the sides of a bus...

The difference is that right now, our NATO commitment apart, our Govt has an independent choice whether to join in a Eurowar organised by Brussels and who or what to send. Ever-closer union means we would have to join in and also Brussels could stop other deployments, eg to the FI or Gib, as there will no longer be national sovereignty over armed forces of foreign policy.

This until the EU has created what will effectively be a version of the Fr Foreign Legion, recruited across the EU with loyalty only to the star-spangled a##sehole.

NATO will collapse as the national commitments of the EU nations will no longer be in place. This is carefully-engineered euro-suicide.
'Ever closer union' is a slogan. I don't like it either, but it's only a slogan. Especially as we (and indeed the other 27 member states) have a veto.

So whilst some of these things - might - be an aspiration of some member states at some time or another, they're unlikely to come true. The effective failure of the WEU and indeed of European NATO members does tend to indicate a general lack of interest in the increase of defence structures.

'Ever closer union' is a slogan. I don't like it either, but it's only a slogan. Especially as we (and indeed the other 27 member states) have a veto.

So whilst some of these things - might - be an aspiration of some member states at some time or another, they're unlikely to come true. The effective failure of the WEU and indeed of European NATO members does tend to indicate a general lack of interest in the increase of defence structures.
And of course there’s no movement at all to increase the use of QMV within the EU!

Considering the accuracy of the BofE estimates I doubt many consider them a public service. Still it was nice for the Gov of the Bank to apologise for being so wrong!
True. We only have to look forward to a worst-case 2-4% drop in GDP, not a 4-7% drop. As Rees-Mogg puts it, we're not to worry, the UK should catch back up after a few more decades of austerity, and he's got tens of millions in saving to see him through...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2624
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138