Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference is that right now, our NATO commitment apart, our Govt has an independent choice whether to join in a Eurowar organised by Brussels and who or what to send. Ever-closer union means we would have to join in and also Brussels could stop other deployments, eg to the FI or Gib, as there will no longer be national sovereignty over armed forces of foreign policy.

This until the EU has created what will effectively be a version of the Fr Foreign Legion, recruited across the EU with loyalty only to the star-spangled a##sehole.

NATO will collapse as the national commitments of the EU nations will no longer be in place. This is carefully-engineered euro-suicide.
Do you actually believe that or is just the voices in your head again?

I'd also watch for our Napoleonic chums sending foreign recruited soldiers to quell free speech in the eu. Ie Spanish to Poland.
End of the week and the stupidity rises to a crescendo.
Or have you just realised you've wasted another week out of your life by typing crap at all hours so trying to take it out on something?

Although I do owe you an apology. Since you changed to this name I've had you down as a little bit stupid.
I realise I've misunderestimated you. You're a big bit stupid.
Sorry bout that.

End of the week and the stupidity rises to a crescendo.
Or have you just realised you've wasted another week out of your life by typing crap at all hours so trying to take it out on something?

Although I do owe you an apology. Since you changed to this name I've had you down as a little bit stupid.
I realise I've misunderestimated you. You're a big bit stupid.
Sorry bout that.
Says the ex-pat living in Spain.

I cannot believe that I voted to leave because I believed that the British government should be completely in charge of this country and that it was fully capable of doing so. :)
Crazy fool!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

For how much longer?
How about an EU aircraft carrier?
How about "Ever closer union"?
We could lease them our spare one!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Do you actually believe that or is just the voices in your head again?
Er, an Euro led armed forces wouldn't be used for UK needs.

The EU treaties do allow for “the progressive framing of a common defence policy that might lead to a common defence”.
These mirror the desire of the President of the European Commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, for “at least some integrated defence capacities”. He’s also made a more specific call for a joint EU army, in an interview with the German newspaper Welt am Sonntag.

A paper published by his European People’s Party political grouping called for “an EU strategic civilian and military headquarters” and, in the long run, “European stand-by forces under Union command”.

So we know that some players on the EU political scene would like the Union to be able to use military force on its own. Accordingly, experts in European issues and defence policy have been debatingwhether or not it’s realistic and a good idea.

But, politically, it seems a fairly distant prospect at present. The 2013 proposals we mentioned, for instance, were welcomed by the European Council of national leaders on the pointed condition “that the capabilities are owned and operated by the Member States”.

The European Council has given defence and security policy more attention recently. After a recent meeting, it said that the EU should be doing things like “fostering greater and more systematic European defence cooperation to deliver key capabilities, including through EU funds”.
The hunt for an EU army

The European Union needs its own army to face up to Russia and other threats, as well as to restore the bloc’s standing around the world, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker told a German newspaper yesterday (8 March).

Arguing that NATO was not enough because not all members of the transatlantic defence alliance are in the EU, Juncker said a common EU army would send important signals to the world.

“A joint EU army would show the world that there would never again be a war between EU countries,” Juncker told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper. “Such an army would also help us to form common foreign and security policies and allow Europe to take on responsibility in the world.”

Juncker said a common EU army could serve as a deterrent and would have been useful during the Ukraine crisis.

“With its own army, Europe could react more credibly to the threat to peace in a member state or in a neighbouring state,” he said.

“One wouldn’t have a European army to deploy it immediately. But a common European army would convey a clear message to Russia that we are serious about defending our European values.”
Juncker: NATO is not enough, EU needs an army

President Juncker's Political Guidelines

Should give you a flavour of where jc wants to go. He isn't on his own in this. Plenty of people want this inside the eu machinery, hence jc's shoehorning in to position and no deal comment on selmeyr.

count the times he mentions ever greater union, in so many words.

The difference is that right now, our NATO commitment apart, our Govt has an independent choice whether to join in a Eurowar organised by Brussels and who or what to send. Ever-closer union means we would have to join in and also Brussels could stop other deployments, eg to the FI or Gib, as there will no longer be national sovereignty over armed forces of foreign policy.

This until the EU has created what will effectively be a version of the Fr Foreign Legion, recruited across the EU with loyalty only to the star-spangled a##sehole.

NATO will collapse as the national commitments of the EU nations will no longer be in place. This is carefully-engineered euro-suicide.
Got tomorrow's lottery numbers whilst you've got the old crystal ball out?

Do you think the average private soldier in the future would give a toss whether they had an EU flag on their uniform, over and above having a stable career, with guaranteed monthly pay in their bank accounts etc? I very much doubt it.

Are you suggesting the EU military command would allow part of the EU Army to invade an EU territory in Gibraltar, whilst stopping the EU Army from repelling that invasion... You didn't think that through did you?

As i said earlier. It's essentially moot once we have left the EU. I'll look forward to the further decimation our military capabilities, and try to be glad that it's okay, as it's the british government that are doing it to us.

I wonder who people are going to blame for all the country's problems after we leave...

Last edited:
I'd imagine I'll make it at least another 40 years.

what about you in your little backwater? Good health care and phy s provision?

Oh. Give these chaps a call. Funeral Plans | From £9.25 A Month & A £90 Gift | SunLife other providers available.

Life expectancy 'lower than Haiti'
I don’t drink, smoke, I’m at the correct weight and go to the gym three times a week, live on the edge of the Brecon Beacons, know them as well as any man, I’m fifty this year and could still smash out a reasonable PFT time (or whatever it’s called now) Might have been the 25 years I served helping to keep me fit. Although I am friends with quite a few undertakers, strange but true.

Still living the fantasy that Brexiteers were supposed to do all the negotiating & leading, rather than the government?

Toc-H lamp thinking, that is.
Just a realist old chap. You keep on keeping your fingers crossed that the E.U. help you out of this little pickle and you get what you want.. thanks to the E.U. ha! You can’t make that shit up.

Got tomorrow's lottery numbers whilst you've got the old crystal ball out?

Do you think the average private soldier in the future would give a toss whether they had an EU flag on their uniform, over and above having a stable career, with guaranteed monthly pay in their bank accounts etc? I very much doubt it.

Are you suggesting the EU military command would allow part of the EU Army to invade an EU territory in Gibraltar, whilst stopping the EU Army from repelling that invasion... You didn't think that through did you?

As i said earlier. It's essentially moot once we have left the EU. I'll look forward to the further decimation our military capabilities, and try to be glad that it's okay, as it's the british government that are doing it to us.
If we leave the eu...

You're argument seems very neurotic.

if we stay in, the various regions of the eu28 would break down into the eu counties.

Ie instead of GB, England, Scotland, Wales. Gibraltar, Catalonia, Basque, etc.

Just follow the money.

Try applying that to your own pronouncements viz the armed forces.:roll:
Never attempted to say my thoughts will definitely come to pass, nor that i will be proven right, simply offering an opinion.

I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy both sides of the Brexit coin are now displaying. In the end it won't really affect me that much, due to being fortunate enough to have an Irish passport.

I just find it odd that so many intelligent and experienced people feel no qualms in saying letting people vote is an affront to democracy. Or that somehow the winning campaign breaking the law etc, is perfectly acceptable to them because it was the result they wanted too....

Good evening to you. I wish you luck in the future, and hope it ends up being better like you think it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2623
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138