Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other one I thought someone would have picked up is The Times reckon the EU will insist on a second referendum as a condition of extending article 50

The other one I thought someone would have picked up is The Times reckon the EU will insist on a second referendum as a condition of extending article 50
The Times putting zwei and deux together and coming up with cinco.

Short extension if the UK votes for the WA but not to extend after the new EU Parliament convenes on 2 July.
Long extension (only proposed by Tusk) if the WA is not voted for and only if UK comes up with some concrete proposal for the way forward such as a General Election or a possible second referendum.

Surprisingly realistic and lacking in jingoism for the telegraph Why would Budapest or Rome torch their relationships with the core of influential Western European member states most exposed to the risk of no deal?

Does Hungary or Italy really want to infuriate Germany, France, Belgium, Spain, Denmark, the Netherlands and many more, alienating themselves from the rest of the EU for the principle of a foreign referendum?

Rome will not die on a hill for Arron Banks and Andy Wigmore or Brexit, as some have suggested.

Neither will Poland,which has been friendly to Mrs May’s government during the Brexit process, for that matter. Budapest will obediently toe the EU line.

If the third meaningful vote falls, Brussels will demand and grant a lengthy extension of about a year or even 21 months.

A50 is part of the Lisbon Treaty! Nothing to do with interfering in domestic politics!
really, who draughted A 50, sits in the Lords and we're adhereing to it. What klutz determined we need the EU to say how we leave the Union, as an afterthought? That's not interference in domestic politics is it? You know my position, I would have bypassed the EU commission altogether and dealt direct with the CM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2622
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138