Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
He did add the caveat that he was going on media reports though, must have been reading that squalid little rag online.
Do you think his reply would have been any different if PMTM had sent him a monogrammed letter with the details? If you do then you are somewhat naive.

Tusk's words, in fairness, were not really aimed at the UK, his audience is the EU.

That’s what I said. And now for the foreseeable future we aren’t. As for the unforseeable future I’ll leave that to others, but I suspect we’ll be getting even less money for our money. Not to mention having absolutely no say in what’s going on.
And people voted for it. Well they say they knew what they were voting for,.i have my doubts.
Do you mean even less of our money coming back for the same or even more money going out?
Less than there was coming back before?
Say it ain't so Jo.
To sum up then, the Danes, Finns, Dutch have all said publicly that they are giving no more dosh, several other countries have intimated the same but privately.
Poland is currently on the naughty step and apparently coupled with Austria and Hungary (any other students of history on here) but the ship of Brussels sails on sublimely?
Nah, thought not.

But no actual figures?

Just checking. I am keen to use up these euros before the uprising.
Swap you. I've just been given one of those new ten quid thingies and now I now the currency really is 3rd world. On the plus side, got loads more of them for my euro ones.
(Anyone know why the pound went up this morning but then dropped like a stone about lunchtime? Against the euro and the US dollar, not being contentious but would just like to know).

Not really. Quite often, there's a range of options with various risks and benefits. When my stoma needed redoing for a second time, I was offered a reversal instead. I chose to have the stoma redone, as a reversal would have made me worse off. In this case, my knowledge of my own body made me more expert than my consultant. And medicos don't specify treatments, they offer options.

A constitutional decision requires the voice of the electorate, because self determination cannot be exercised on our behalf. You can only vote according to your principles and thoughts and yours have no more merit than anybody else's. An acceptance that other opinions might carry the day is required, lest you show yourself too immature for democracy. But even if you are, your vote still counts. Because democracy gives everybody a vote and each vote has equal weight.
The wrong end of a stick.

The options were known procedures conducted in a specified manner. Had you decided to have six frogs sacrificed instead your sanity would have been questioned. The doctors are experts in their field...you are not.

A glimpse of the bleeding obvious to everyone, yet some voted for this.
One of the reasons for leaving was that Europe was costing us money. We haven’t left yet, it’s still costing us money. And the time from when we leave until we really, really actually leave is going to cost us more money than it would have been if we were still in.

We’re teaching Johnnie Foreigner a lesson. It’s just that it’s not the lesson some people think it is.
It's the "agree to our demands or we will jump off a cliff" mentality of brexit.

At last they have agreed on the illusions...not the best start but they don't care either. One only needs to see the expression of guilt on Gove's stupid face to realise that he is having a laugh at our expense. Just going through the motions in accordance with a mindless vote. They are all at it!

I've always been struck by the collective myopia of the remain side - both in this thread and in the media - as to the flaws inherent in the EU. More often than not there is a refusal to discuss it - or if discussed, the usual response is "it's only a forecast and forecasts are generally wrong". A rebuttal laid out as a chain of reasoning is rarer than hen's teeth.

Over the years, I've also been struck by the increasingly inflexible mindset in the EU itself. I don't think they consider the endpoint of the journey they've embarked on - the project has become the aim in itself.

There are two explanations for that. They could have been blinded by cognitive dissonance that they can't see the flaws inherent in the project they're now committed to. More worryingly is the thought that they're driving on with the project because they're fully aware of the inherent flaws in the EU and the euro and are racing to finish the project before a serious cascade failure occurs and throws Euope into economic and political turmoil.

Wordsmith
A refusal to discuss Mr Ignore button? OK.

Ah yes, but I work for the military full time, not 19.00-21.00 on Thursdays.
Like feck do you. You work for the military between 10:55 and 11:05 each day, Mon-Fri. On you posting break.

Awaits dullard replies....

The wrong end of a stick.

The options were known procedures conducted in a specified manner. Had you decided to have six frogs sacrificed instead your sanity would have been questioned. The doctors are experts in their field...you are not.
I could actually have decided to sacrifice frogs instead. I could have done nothing. For over 20 years those experts failed to notice what I'd been telling them all along. Experts often get things wrong. But suffice to say, I think it's a bad comparison or analogy or palindrome or whatever. I was debating democracy, as it pertains to Brexit. Let's not deviate the thread mate.

You think it's about economics, others don't. You think it's a stupid idea, others don't. Different people have different priorities. Some didn't vote for what you think is best, they voted for what they thought was right, regardless whether it was best by some metrics.

It should be remembered, if a people decide to be governed by an absolute monarchy or a tyrant, the decision to be so would be, guess what? . . . a democratic decision. Weird that, that democracy should accord with the natural order of things.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ah yes, but I work for the military full time, not 19.00-21.00 on Thursdays.
No you slope around NCHQ listening in on conversations so you have buzz words to use and then occaisionaly finish off someones PowerPoint for Media Ops to screw up.

I could actually have decided to sacrifice frogs instead. I could have done nothing. For over 20 years those experts failed to notice what I'd been telling them all along. Experts often get things wrong. But suffice to say, I think it's a bad comparison or analogy or palindrome or whatever. I was debating democracy, as it pertains to Brexit. Let's not deviate the thread mate.

You think it's about economics, others don't. You think it's a stupid idea, others don't. Different people have different priorities. Some didn't vote for what you think is best, they voted for what they thought was right, regardless whether it was best by some metrics.

It should be remembered, if a people decide to be governed by an absolute monarchy or a tyrant, the decision to be so would be, guess what? . . . a democratic decision. Weird that, that democracy should accord with the natural order of things.
Your decision to sacrifice frogs is not democracy, nor is a vote that all patients must be treated by such methods. Brexit is an absurd vote for frog murder that affects everyone, not just the deluded mongs. It's a flaw in the system...like the one that put Trump into power.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I note from both BBC and Euronews that certain countries are digging their heels in over plugging the financial Gap and that their are moves afoot to prevent the EU from overriding national interests which latter would be contrary to the Lisbon agreement, Hungary is asking for 1 Billion Euros in compensation for their border expenses from the EU. Poland's on the carpet at the moment. I really can't see Lisbon holding for much longer.
yet some believe we should stay in an organisation that couldn't see this coming... Or they blithely ignored it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470