Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You are showing the following symptoms
1] Confused thinking
2] Excessive fears, worries and anxieties.
3] Strong feelings of anger.
4] Strange thoughts (delusions)
You have mental problems
We know! :D

Ah yes, but I work for the military full time, not 19.00-21.00 on Thursdays.
I bet you are like one of those CS bellends working for the MoD who thinks of himself as an equivalent military rank corresponding to his paygrade.

In your case a 40 year Lance Corporal, although in sure you have delusions that you are really a Major OC of paperclips or some such

[QUOTE="Wordsmith, post: 8434034, member: 52171. I wonder if Soubry feels strongly enough to end her political career by being the co-author of an amendment that could bring May's government down.

Wordsmith[/QUOTE]

With a majority in the hundreds and a constituency that voted leave by a decent margin (many many more than her majority) I suspect that she may be enjoying (if that is the right word) her last hurrah.

Last edited:
We'd have lost it if we'd stayed in sooner or later... so c'est la vie.

It was hardly a popular feature of our membership amongst the other EU members, even the net beneficiaries.

How vulnerable is the UK's rebate?

EU rebate threat to 'selfish' UK

Open Europe: Hyped and almost always misunderstood: the curious case of 'Thatcher's rebate' from the EU budget

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
So we leave, and then we get no rebate because we are not in any more, and the transition deal is exactly that, a transition deal, and therefore not subject to a rebate.

It looks like a blinding glimpse of the bleedin' obvious to me, and nothing to worry ourselves about. Hardly the End of Days.

Being from the north you might also like to consider the proposition that pigeons coming home to roost is no substitute for comedy either.

A glimpse of the bleeding obvious to everyone, yet some voted for this.
One of the reasons for leaving was that Europe was costing us money. We haven’t left yet, it’s still costing us money. And the time from when we leave until we really, really actually leave is going to cost us more money than it would have been if we were still in.

We’re teaching Johnnie Foreigner a lesson. It’s just that it’s not the lesson some people think it is.

A glimpse of the bleeding obvious to everyone, yet some voted for this.
One of the reasons for leaving was that Europe was costing us money. We haven’t left yet, it’s still costing us money. And the time from when we leave until we really, really actually leave is going to cost us more money than it would have been if we were still in.

We’re teaching Johnnie Foreigner a lesson. It’s just that it’s not the lesson some people think it is.
You have seen the figures as to how much it will cost then?

Only my crystal ball is VOR.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You have seen the figures as to how much it will cost then?

Only my crystal ball is VOR.
Well it seems to be something along the lines of
‘They aren’t getting this (ridiculous)amount of money’.
‘We want this (ridiculous ) amount of money. To pay for what you’ve already agreed to, future commitments, stuff you’ve ignored and completely forgotten about’
‘Oh ok then’

Basically on cost, our negotiators tell us what we won’t pay and double it. There’s another bit, that rebate money we aren’t getting. Those farming, infrastructure, social fund grants. We aren’t getting those either.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Well, the EU are certainly maintaining their form

Tusk: UK Brexit plans 'pure illusion'

I don't think anything put forward will be agreed by Brussels, so I hope PMTM has continued with the plans to Hard Brexit as it looks like they will be needed.

Basically on cost, our negotiators tell us what we won’t pay and double it. There’s another bit, that rebate money we aren’t getting. Those farming, infrastructure, social fund grants. We aren’t getting those either.
Do you mean that money we give to the EU every year (us taxpayers) that they deign to then give back to us in the guise of farming, infrastructure and social fund grants? And then say it is from the EU?
I wonder what proportion the Greek pensioners are subsidising social fund grants in Grimsby?

I note from both BBC and Euronews that certain countries are digging their heels in over plugging the financial Gap and that their are moves afoot to prevent the EU from overriding national interests which latter would be contrary to the Lisbon agreement, Hungary is asking for 1 Billion Euros in compensation for their border expenses from the EU. Poland's on the carpet at the moment. I really can't see Lisbon holding for much longer.

I note from both BBC and Euronews that certain countries are digging their heels in over plugging the financial Gap and that their are moves afoot to prevent the EU from overriding national interests which latter would be contrary to the Lisbon agreement, Hungary is asking for 1 Billion Euros in compensation for their border expenses from the EU. Poland's on the carpet at the moment. I really can't see Lisbon holding for much longer.
It's been on the German news these past few days. Apparently the Dutch said a firm no to any increase in funds to the EU and Germany is not keen on picking up the tab either. That could mean an overall decrease in funds to the EU if nobody is prepared to up their net contributions, which in turn would mean fewer or smaller hand outs. An idea that goes down like a lead ballon in those countries east of Germany.
Heart, purple p1ss, bleed etc.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you mean that money we give to the EU every year (us taxpayers) that they deign to then give back to us in the guise of farming, infrastructure and social fund grants? And then say it is from the EU?
I wonder what proportion the Greek pensioners are subsidising social fund grants in Grimsby?

That’s what I said. And now for the foreseeable future we aren’t. As for the unforseeable future I’ll leave that to others, but I suspect we’ll be getting even less money for our money. Not to mention having absolutely no say in what’s going on.

And people voted for it. Well they say they knew what they were voting for,.i have my doubts.

I bet you are like one of those CS bellends working for the MoD who thinks of himself as an equivalent military rank corresponding to his paygrade.

In your case a 40 year Lance Corporal, although in sure you have delusions that you are really a Major OC of paperclips or some such

You sound very bitter, did some nasty CS chap not show you due hero worship deference? .‘Can I help you sir’ only for OF6 and above. Lower orders it’s ‘what?’

Well it seems to be something along the lines of
‘They aren’t getting this (ridiculous)amount of money’.
‘We want this (ridiculous ) amount of money. To pay for what you’ve already agreed to, future commitments, stuff you’ve ignored and completely forgotten about’
‘Oh ok then’

But no actual figures?

Just checking. I am keen to use up these euros before the uprising.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470