Brexit Phase Two - Trade

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
What is working against the national interest is the Remain campaign, in my view.
The remain campaign which voted to remain.
Whereas the leave campaign busily involves itself in a cat fight, wrecking the Conservative party. Enhancing Corbyns electability, souring the social and financial capability of our country not to mention wrecking our world wide reputation.

How on earth do you work out it’s the remainers fault?

What would you like us to do, stop pointing out the bleeding obvious?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The remain campaign which voted to remain.
Whereas the leave campaign busily involves itself in a cat fight, wrecking the Conservative party. Enhancing Corbyns electability, souring the social and financial capability of our country not to mention wrecking our world wide reputation.

How on earth do you work out it’s the remainers fault?

What would you like us to do, stop pointing out the bleeding obvious?
So just because she is a Tory Soubry is now a leaver? Does that go for Ken Hush Puppies as well?

Ah, well, at least the polls are changing. The one in January which asked how do you think the UK is handling Brexit negotiations came up with 2% who thought they were going very well.
A change in the one in February with 1% now thinking they are going very well.
61% thought they were going badly or very badly in January.
Now 66% of them think they are going badly or very badly.
Heigh Ho!

Ah, well, at least the polls are changing. The one in January which asked how do you think the UK is handling Brexit negotiations came up with 2% who thought they were going very well.
A change in the one in February with 1% now thinking they are going very well.
61% thought they were going badly or very badly in January.
Now 66% of them think they are going badly or very badly.
Heigh Ho!
As you well know, this is more of a comment on the perception that HMG are trying to have some sort of Brexit lite, rather than doing what the majority of those who voted wanted. It’s not a poll which suggests a revision on how people voted, just that those tasked with doing it are making a pigs ear of it.

As you well know, this is more of a comment on the perception that HMG are trying to have some sort of Brexit lite, rather than doing what the majority of those who voted wanted. It’s not a poll which suggests a revision on how people voted, just that those tasked with doing it are making a pigs war of it.
I thought that was pretty obvious. Fortunately, a little bit of sanity creeps in and they still think the Tories will do better for UK than Labour would.
I think it also reflects on the squabbling and warring within the government. Back stabber of the year award up for grabs?

I thought that was pretty obvious. Fortunately, a little bit of sanity creeps in and they still think the Tories will do better for UK than Labour would.
I think it also reflects on the squabbling and warring within the government. Back stabber of the year award up for grabs?
Yes of course, I agree that narrow party politics are making a hash of this but I’m old enough and cynical enough to know that policy is always aimed in the party interest. I’m no fan of referendums, because that’s how dictators manipulate policy, generally based on emotion rather than reasoned thought, but if you choose to use that tool then you have to abide by the outcome, plain and simple. What we are seeing are weasle ways to change/undermine the very genie these tw**s let out of the box - you reap what you sow, and I think we are on a path that will not diverge.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Nope, still not funny.

And not exactly what the article said either.

I think a little less googling from the hip would be helpful
Not so much googling as a wild guess. This Brexit and it’s all the remainers fault according to @Auld-Yin.

Edit and who am I meant to be helpful to............this circus commonly known as Brexit?

Seriously. I wake up in the morning full of good intentions, and then the Today programme kicks in with the mornings news, there’s the newspapers and the morning news.
Each day brings something new, and embarrassing, if you’d voted leave.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not so much googling as a wild guess. This Brexit and it’s all the remainers fault according to @Auld-Yin.

Edit and who am I meant to be helpful to............this circus commonly known as Brexit?

Seriously. I wake up in the morning full of good intentions, and then the Today programme kicks in with the mornings news, there’s the newspapers and the morning news.
I'm not saying it is all the fault of Remainiacs, not at all. I am just saying that Brexiteers are blameless :D

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
As you well know, this is more of a comment on the perception that HMG are trying to have some sort of Brexit lite, rather than doing what the majority of those who voted wanted. It’s not a poll which suggests a revision on how people voted, just that those tasked with doing it are making a pigs ear of it.
You’d think given how much effort they put into it and how exercised everyone’s getting about it. The least they could have done is bring some talent and expertise to the negotiations.

Maybe the brexit types in charge know what a mess this is going to be and are having second thoughts. Nothing to do with what harm it will do the country, they’re probably more concerned about the damage done to their political reputation and career. (If they have one)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You’d think given how much effort they put into it and how exercised everyone’s getting about it. The least they could have done is bring some talent and expertise to the negotiations.

Maybe the brexit types in charge know what a mess this is going to be and are having second thoughts. Nothing to do with what harm it will do the country, they’re probably more concerned about the damage done to their political reputation and career. (If they have one)
I don't think all that many people are getting exercised over Brexit. Politicians, journos and Arrseratti (some) yes but otherwise it is not the top conversation out and about.

And there in a nutshell is the problem, bringing talent into something where none exists. Blame whoever you want, but Westminster is but mediocre talentless managers, and not a real politician amongst them.

Best not to listen to the Today program. Try a couple of days of Chris Evans instead and then see how your good intentions pan out.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't think all that many people are getting exercised over Brexit. Politicians, journos and Arrseratti (some) yes but otherwise it is not the top conversation out and about.
Not for the reasons you’d think. It still seems incredibly divisive and not brought up in the politer circles or at decent dinner parties.
It’s still meant to be a good method of starting a ruck in a bar

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470