Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I think they will in due course. At the moment Labour can afford to leave HMG to twist in its self-generated wind.

Of course, Labour has its own internal divisions regarding Brexit but its direction of movement appears to be increasingly in favour of a customs union. I reckon that would attract a great deal of support.
Not from the EU it won't!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I disagree. Universal suffrage. Otherwise the elite will simply state that only certain people, their supporters, are able to fully comprehend the nuances etc.
D'accord

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
On the contrary, it's common business sense.
Just as well this is not purely a business issue then! I have no doubt that business will find a way to trade with the EU, if they haven't done so yet.

Just as well this is not purely a business issue then! I have no doubt that business will find a way to trade with the EU, if they haven't done so yet.

Unfortunately it's also an emotional matter which is working against the national interest, in my view.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yes, it'll be an interesting year as to which view will prevail.
It will be very interesting to see how this is treated by historians in fifty or more years time. Thankfully I won't be around to go through all that again :skull:

It will be very interesting to see how this is treated by historians in fifty or more years time. Thankfully I won't be around to go through all that again :skull:

I think this particular psychodrama will be sorted much sooner than that.

Sadly, ARRSE seems to be the proof of concept for the idea that if you have an infinite number of mongs pounding on keyboards, every few minutes, one will hit the right combination of keys and succeed in making a post to ARRSE.

I did 'un-ignore' a post a week back out of curiosity. I could almost view the spittle flecking the keyboard as the Think Pencil typed dementedly away.

Wordsmith :cry:
Throws out an insult or two whilst bemoaning those who throw out insults.

In which the FT offers alternatives to DDs Mad Max Brexit, starting with the Hunger Games Brexit.

Which is why it would be in the field of the historian :rolleyes:

If it's sorted quickly and I think it will be be, then historians in 50 years' time won't be particularly interested. It's merely a passing brainfart which will fade into obscurity.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470