Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If there are people stupid enough to vote for Brexit, you just know there are people who would think that’s a good idea.
Are you calling Remainers stupid?

Sign off a TTIP+++^2 deal with the USA. End farming and flood the market with glow in the dark, steroid enhanced vegetables and chloride fed poultry.

Job done

Serious questions....

Have you ever been to America?

If yes, Did you die from eating avd drinking they’re food and beverages?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
There are some who would say trying to claim a majority of 1.8% as “overwhelming” is spin of the most deluded kind. =-D
Over a million people - you can't claim that to be insignificant. I guess it is what side you look at this from that seems to matter.

Beyond reasoning!

Brexit is a can of worms...

Oh no it isn't....

It's raining outside....

Oh no it isn't....

Why have people put umbrellas up?

Well they would wouldn't they...

Got it!

Now you are just being silly. Fancy asking Remainiacs to actually back up statements made by the people they support. Just ain't done. Remember, in their view Brexit= all bad: Remain=all good - which shows their lack of judgement :p
@Auld-Yin Making shit up since Pontius was a pilot.

Some of the remainers on this site are putting forward coherent and sensible arguments, but sadly some are out of their depth and seem only capable of posting abuse against those who they disagree with.
Sadly, ARRSE seems to be the proof of concept for the idea that if you have an infinite number of mongs pounding on keyboards, every few minutes, one will hit the right combination of keys and succeed in making a post to ARRSE.

I did 'un-ignore' a post a week back out of curiosity. I could almost view the spittle flecking the keyboard as the Think Pencil typed dementedly away.

Wordsmith :cry:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Sadly, ARRSE seems to be the proof of concept for the idea that if you have an infinite number of mongs pounding on keyboards, every few minutes, one will hit the right combination of keys and succeed in making a post to ARRSE.

I did 'un-ignore' a post a week back out of curiosity. I could almost view the spittle flecking the keyboard as the Think Pencil typed dementedly away.

Wordsmith :cry:
And this man, knows words, bigly words and can see down the Internet. This is why you shouldn’t stick anyone on ignore. You’ll miss something.

Except @meerkatz. The IQ of my iPads have never been betterer.
Off for second breakfast.

Meanwhile.

Exclusive: Cabinet did not agree to Theresa May's strategy for Brexit transition period, senior ministers say
The Cabinet did not agree to Theresa May's negotiating strategy for the transition period after Brexit before it was sent to EU nations, senior ministers have told The Telegraph. The official strategy document, which was published on Wednesday, prompted a furious backlash after raising the prospect of an open-ended transition period after Brexit.

The legal text makes no mention of Theresa May's pledge to end free movement after Britain leaves the EU in March 2019, while Eurosceptics also raised concerns that it could limit Britain's ability to strike free trade deals.
This is where the Tories are really starting to pay for May living up to her nickname of the submarine. Instead of thrashing out an agreed strategy with the cabinet months ago, she's been ducking decisions. As a result there has been drift in making preparations for Brexit. A better Prime Minister would have got the cabinet behind therm and been driving the Brexit process along along.

This now means that the Brexit problems will drag on ever closer to the next election and reduce the chances of winning it. Problems largely down to May's shortcomings.

Wordsmith

Yet she's still ahead in the polls as best leader. Show how piss poor Corbyn actually is, I suppose.
It's a truism that oppositions don't win elections; governments lose them. Governments get voted out because voters have lost confidence in them.

Corbyn is faring poorly now because he's having to run a party and come up with policies. May is poor at both, but not as poor as Corbyn, hence her better poll ratings. But GE campaigns are largely spin and PR. And there Corbyn shines because he speaks from the heart (despite his moon-howling policies), while May sounds like a speak your weight machine reading out a press release.

Accordingly, if the Tory party are stupid enough to let May let them lead them into the next election, I expect Corbyn's ratings to rise and May's to fall.

Wordsmith

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Within 24 hours of the government posting their position paper, the EU say "Non". Quel surprise!

EU27 rules out UK's preferred approach to future trade deal

Of course this is just the Guardian's take on it so it is equally possible that a slightly different softer message may be out there, like "We hear what you say but there is still a lot to be negotiated". Still, the Guardian and Non, go together permanently.

The date picked by the EU (end of December 2020) is the end of the current budget cycle. If UK wants to stay any longer then they will have to pay a share of the next 7 year budget proposals.
Probably end up costing the UK a shed load of money and the EU would not want to have to try and work out a percentage of what is owed and not get it (after all, the "agreement" for citizen rights was dismissed a day or so later by Davis as "an aspiration") as they can't trust the UK to stick to gentlemen's agreements anymore.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Within 24 hours of the government posting their position paper, the EU say "Non". Quel surprise!

Of course this is just the Guardian's take on it so it is equally possible that a slightly different softer message may be out there, like "We hear what you say but there is still a lot to be negotiated". Still, the Guardian and Non, go together permanently.

What’s this. Those beastly Europeans not letting us have our cake and eating it for the 17th time of asking. Well. I’m, I’m outraged.
That’s what I am.

As for TM not ‘allowing rigid institutional restrictions or deep seated ideology to inhibit our co operation’. (Germany this week)

While in the HO, 2013. ‘ the continuing uk would not be in a position to protect Scottish interests as it does presently.

Scotland would be a separate state . It couldn’t share the UKs Sy & Int agencies for reasons of sovereignty and democratic accountability’.

Here’s politico’s take on the current proceedings.
UK to EU: Play fair or we won’t pay our bill

Now May & DD have made it clear the U.K. will honour its financial liabilities yet no matter what proposal is submitted to Brussels the same reply is received....No.

Playing the political hard ball isn’t May’s (IMO) best strong hand, despite Junker trying to convince everyone in his media releases, mixed signals from those stating a ‘bespoke deal’ is a possibility yet a consistent No is the permasend/default from Brussel’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Here’s politico’s take on the current proceedings.
UK to EU: Play fair or we won’t pay our bill
That has been my understanding all along and it is good to see it being reported now - getting the message over to Brussels.

I don't trust the EU one bit. The only substantive thing they have added to any discussions is just to say you can't do that. The EU have now manoeuvred themselves into a corner where their only answer is No, or they will look like they are U-turning. Stand by for a lot of spinning from Brussels!

If there are people stupid enough to vote for Brexit, you just know there are people who would think that’s a good idea.
Oh yes we know there are, it tended to be the intelligentsia and business who think Brexit is bad. But then they're the kind of people who see no reason for a national Parliament and national control of spending because afer all their OK their French Gites. Talk about pulling the ladder up.:-D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470