Brexit Phase Two - Trade

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
No, it's a three pence piece from before decimalisation in 1971. If you were in the British Army during the 60s and 70s as you state, you would've seen some of these!
Threepence (British coin) - Wikipedia
You're right there, Joker62. It's been a very, very long time, but my memory was prompted and, having thought about it, I do distantly mind those coins when I was in the UK in 1965/66 - I'm a very old man, after all. Were those not the ones that were a sort of brassy/bronzy colour at the time? I say that because all the other coins I saw and handled at the time were either coppery or silvery looking.

MsG

Last edited:

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
All noted, though they gave me years of distress I prefer the Irish to any others, other than the Jocks, But when I go to Dublin next month, I will keep my mouth shut about their politics. It's none of my business.
Fairy nuff, overopensights. You mention that you'll be travelling to Dublin the next month and you'll be keeping your mouth shut about "their politics" because it's none of your business.

I can very well understand that, but what if it actually became "your business", overopensights? What would your opinion be if you lived and worked in the Republic of Ireland (as a "foreigner") and were subject to the (right or wrong) decisions the Irish gobment made about your future and the future of the ROI? Would you not be prompted to express your opinion about such decisions? Just asking, like.

MsG

You're right there, Joker62. It's been a very, very long time, but my memory was prompted and, having thought about it, I do distantly mind those coins when I was in the UK in 1965/66 - I'm a very old man, after all. Were those not the ones that were a sort of brassy/bronzy colour at the time? I say that because all the other coins I saw and handled at the time were either coppery or silvery looking.

MsG
When you called me deluded irony came to mind, never mind coppery or silvery.

<Snigger>

I'd happily do a milk round if I it would let me invoice the figure I'll be putting on the sheet this month.
You keep on developing your career as a fluffer though.
Very gauche and a bit vulgar to be honest, mentioning filthy lucre at this early stage in the conversation so far.
Completely expected though, but you are reverting to type quite quickly.

Two pints of gold top please Ern.

Very gauche and a bit vulgar to be honest, mentioning filthy lucre at this early stage in the conversation so far.
Completely expected though, but you are reverting to type quite quickly.

Two pints of gold top please Ern.
Sock does as socks do. No shock there. Nothing to add to the discussion? Stalking under a different name?

fluffer need stage 2

Fairy nuff, overopensights. You mention that you'll be travelling to Dublin the next month and you'll be keeping your mouth shut about "their politics" because it's none of your business.

I can very well understand that, but what if it actually became "your business", overopensights? What would your opinion be if you lived and worked in the Republic of Ireland (as a "foreigner") and were subject to the (right or wrong) decisions the Irish gobment made about your future and the future of the ROI? Would you not be prompted to express your opinion about such decisions? Just asking, like.

MsG
I learned on Banner, never argue with the Irish, they can remember back 600 years, every year of it and without notes! So I'm sorry, I won't be arguing with you! A drink with you certainly, but no argument!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
All noted, though they gave me years of distress I prefer the Irish to any others, other than the Jocks, But when I go to Dublin next month, I will keep my mouth shut about their politics. It's none of my business.
Good luck finding any Irish to talk politics in Dublin. It’ll be good for your language skills though.

Why is it Gove's fault? We are still in the EU, people are still able to travel. Is it maybe because the farmers are not paying a decent wage and the workers have been tempted elsewhere by better money?
Farmers have argued prices since Biblical times, however they are screwed down too, bottled water in supermarkets is more expensive than local farmer's quality dairy milk.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I go for the fine singing and the good pubs, nothing quite like it anywhere in Europe.
It’s been ages,since we were down there for a session. Now it’s flying visits, funeral and back up the road again.
I don’t think I could recommend a good pub if you put a gun to my head. At least the Guinness is still drinkable, despite Heineken being the weapon of choice, almost everywhere. I’m not sure if I approve of singing in pubs. Certainly not of other people doing the singing.

Gove is a lying idiot and a danger to us all.

"Farmers will be subsidised from the money that we would be paying the EU"

There was no room on the bus for that fantastic lie... Keep the leave liars out of politics. The same bloody fools are active in sending us up the creek without a paddle.

MsG
look at the one in the picture.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
look at the one in the picture.
I did. Looks green to me.:smile::smile::smile:

MsG

(Tried_Ted thinks furiously how he can come back on that with a fitting insult, the gobshite)

Ever tried presenting actual sensible arguments about the subject of the thread, instead of posts that you pathetically hope will raise your profile with the ARRSE vermin and present you as being "wonnademm"?:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You know the (in the meantime, really tiresome) score: "Hey! Lookamee, lads! I criticised him too!"

MsG
Greetings thing. I don't recall pulling your chain. It's nice to hear from someone who writes 'gobment, wonnadem, lookamee'. You must be standing on the shoulders of such literary giants as Joyce, Behan and Donleavy.
Mind, standing on Joyce wouldn't get your head out of the bog.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470