Brexit Phase Two - Trade

I wouldn't. I'm not retarded enough to view this process like a football match - the outcome across the spectrum of issues won't be apparent for years and I've got better things to do than cheer every favourable statistic and groan at anything adverse.
I agree it's not a football match. More like 3 dimensional chess. Do you wish to play?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And as soon it starts to look dodgy, just watch Germany and France bailing out rapidly.
I was in Germany last month, it looked quite f......d to me, it was cold and I needed to buy a pair of gloves, the girl behind the counter didn't blush to offer me a pair of £12 gloves for 195 Euros. I did without gloves and watched a demonstration of a column of immigrants passing under the Brandenburg gate calling out 'Freedom' in German, whether they wanted more of it or were celebrating their new found freedom I don't know? The lovely old very large barracks (Brooke and Wavell) in Spandau are packed to utter capacity with immigrants. The main occupation of the younger among them, seems to be that of climbing on skips about the roads and throwing stuff out of them onto the pavement while looking for goodies...The wheeley bins outside restaurants were getting special attention....what's this to do with Brexit: nothing other than that I found it disturbing, from the once clean, tidy, orderly Germany that I once knew! Merkel has a lot to answer for.

I was in Germany last month, it looked quite f......d to me, it was cold and I needed to buy a pair of gloves, the girl behind the counter didn't blush to offer me a pair of £12 gloves for 195 Euros. I did without gloves and watched a demonstration of a column of immigrants passing under the Brandenburg gate calling out 'Freedom' in German, whether they wanted more of it or were celebrating their new found freedom I don't know? The lovely old very large barracks (Brooke and Wavell) in Spandau are packed to utter capacity with immigrants. The main occupation of the younger among them, seems to be that of climbing on skips about the roads and throwing stuff out of them onto the pavement while looking for goodies...The wheeley bins outside restaurants were getting special attention....what's this to do with Brexit: nothing other than that I found it disturbing, from the once clean, tidy, orderly Germany that I once knew! Merkel has a lot to answer for.
It is odd how that works.
I live in Germany, all the time, work here as well. Travel around quite a lot of it and even use public transport on a fairly regular basis.
I live in the middle of the Ruhrpott the most populous area of the whole country with the highest unemployment rate and the largest number of non-German residents in one area.

And do you know what,

The place looks very much like it always has, nearly all of the temporary immigrant housing has been taken down now and the queues at the various Aemter and the like are about the same as ever.
There has been an increase in street beggars/Big issue sellers but the German law against "aggressive begging" still seems to be working and they just stand there and there has always been some of those around.

Tourist prices in Berlin have no basis in reality - should have tried Aldi or C&A.

Odd how one short visit can give a wildly different opinion of a place.

Last edited:
I'm sure our MPs in our sovereign Parliament will decide to vote in the national interest. I expect them to take the marginal result of a rather flawed advisory referendum into account. Respecting the decision was a statement by a Cameron Government which no longer exists, if you hadn't noticed. The world has moved on.
You keep clutching at those straws champ.

I know you're not big into reality but do try

J Ob brexit.jpg

It is odd how that works.
I live in Germany, all the time, work here as well. Travel around quite a lot of it and even use public transport on a fairly regular basis.
I live in the middle of the Ruhrpott the most populous area of the whole country with the highest unemployment rate and the largest number of non-German residents in one area.

And do you know what,

The place looks very much like it always has, nearly all of the temporary immigrant housing has been taken down now and the queues at the various Aemter and the like are about the same as ever.
There has been an increase in street beggars/Big issue sellers but the German law against "aggressive begging" still seems to be working and they just stand there and there has always been some of those around.

Tourist prices in Berlin have no basis in reality - should have tried Aldi or C&A.

Odd how one short visit can give a wildly different opinion of a place.
They don’t like to congregate where there are jobs and no tourists.

It’s definately changed the face of much of Germany, and not for the good..
Never thought I’d see the day when I’d see Germans spitting and muttering ‘Schmutzig Muslim’ as they sat watching the gimmegrants saunter by like they owned the place. And no, not in the big towns with long established Muslims enclaves, this was in small towns in the Schwarzwald.

Only because for the fist time in forty years they will have to dust off their files and do a little work....you are not one of them are you Brotherton?
You really haven't a clue on this. A bit of a lazy assumption.

I'm not CS but have worked alongside them in the past, for every meerkatz there are a dozen underpaid and underappreciated grafters.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 229
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 453