Brexit Phase Two - Trade

So am I. Which is why I entrust the course to the Hon MPs in our sovereign Parliament to vote in the national interest.

I take it you missed the big hint?
And, in this instance, the Hon MPs voted to hand the decision back to the general electorate. So what's the problem?

And, in this instance, the Hon MPs voted to hand the decision back to the general electorate. So what's the problem?
The Hon MPs have to turn an abstract end state into a workable reality without destroying the country.

There is the core of the problem

I don't see a problem. I thought I'd already said that.
You were waxing lyrical about how you preferred MPs to make the decisions - I was merely pointing out that the referendum, and respecting its outcome, was one of those decisions. Apologies if I misunderstood.

The Hon MPs have to turn an abstract end state into a workable reality without destroying the country.

There is the core of the problem
They were happy enough to take on the problem when we entered the Common Market.

You were waxing lyrical about how you preferred MPs to make the decisions - I was merely pointing out that the referendum, and respecting its outcome, was one of those decisions. Apologies if I misunderstood.
I'm sure our MPs in our sovereign Parliament will decide to vote in the national interest. I expect them to take the marginal result of a rather flawed advisory referendum into account. Respecting the decision was a statement by a Cameron Government which no longer exists, if you hadn't noticed. The world has moved on.

I'm sure our MPs in our sovereign Parliament will decide to vote in the national interest. I expect them to take the marginal result of a rather flawed referendum into account. Respecting the decision was a statement by a Cameron Government which no longer exists, if you hadn't noticed. The world has moved on.
Sadly for your argument, respecting the result was an outcome parliament signed off on when it passed the Referendum Act.

How well would you say that is working for you at the moment?
I wouldn't. I'm not retarded enough to view this process like a football match - the outcome across the spectrum of issues won't be apparent for years and I've got better things to do than cheer every favourable statistic and groan at anything adverse.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470