Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s because machines are programmed to look for limited parameters and it’s why you use humans to interpret what they show. We have been led to believe that machines are the way forward and have cut manpower and the interpretational skills based on the fact that the scientist/CEO is worth so much more. But machines can’t ask questions or probe deeper. From the health point of view you’d be forgiven for thinking that everyone has a rare disease, the vast majority don’t, but that doesn’t justify expense does it. ?
The problem is the data shows that humans are not particularly good at performing this and similar tasks. No doubt machines will do it better in the future.

Also there will still need to be a human involved, it's just they'll get their information from the scanner, rather than use the scanner to try and identify a "hit" on their own.

Last edited:
Cillit Bang? IR35 is feck all to do with Brexit.

How many times do I need to remind you that I said at the time Osborne was wrong to use worst case and that BoE, ONS, NIESR et al were and are much more accurate than your go to economist?
Right; so the surplus was 'in spite of Brexit' and the slow down is 'because of Brexit'. I geddit.

But is the German manufacturing low due to Brexit as well? Or maybe there's just a Europe wide slowdown and the Germans can't blame Brexit for theirs?

1.png

A link to prevent you from wailing...

German manufacturing sinks to six-year lows as eurozone weakens

The problem is the data shows that humans are not particularly good at performing this and similar tasks. No doubt machines will do it better in the future.

Also there will still need to be a human involved, it's just they'll get their information from the scanner, rather than use the scanner to try and identify "hit" on their own.
Pigeons do that type of job well. But you know all about bird brains and stuff.
BTW, no answer to post 96476?

Right; so the surplus was 'in spite of Brexit' and the slow down is 'because of Brexit'. I geddit.

But is the German manufacturing low due to Brexit as well? Or maybe there's just a Europe wide slowdown and the Germans can't blame Brexit for theirs?

View attachment 379073

A link to prevent you from wailing...

German manufacturing sinks to six-year lows as eurozone weakens
Who GAF about Germany? We're talking about the UK. The rise is in self assessed income for the most part. It would have been similar no matter what.

Who GAF about Germany? We're talking about the UK. The rise is in self assessed income for the most part. It would have been similar no matter what.
Yes, the economies of the EU are in no way linked to the UK's. So Germany's economy takes a downturn and that's due to numerous global causes and conditions.

And the UK economy takes a downturn and it's because of Brexit (according to the FT).

That makes so much sense.

Also there will still need to be a human involved, it's just they'll get their information from the scanner, rather than use the scanner to try and identify a "hit" on their own.
Data means bugger all in this instance. I’d love to know how they came to that conclusion? The huge mistake is to think that machines can replace the human. This is a time clearance thing designed to suit ports rather than security, in other words a trade off, and this is what we have all the time. This together with pressure groups designed to undermine the authority in the name of absolute rights can only lead to disaster ultimately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 299
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 137