Brexit Phase Two - Trade

If the enthusiasm for Brexit is not apparently waxing, I think that the enthusiasm for remain is definitely waning.
According to Rifkind, even if we had another vote on Brexit, nothing would change.

Quote:
I voted for Britain to remain in the EU and continue to believe that, on balance, Brexit does not best serve the national interest. But a different conclusion was reached by a majority of the British public and the evidence suggests that another referendum would produce the same result.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not in parliament, where it matters
We'll see when it actually comes to a vote in parliament, how much support there is for overturning Brexit. The media are even changing now and are starting to call it as a party thing, urging Labour to become the official Remain party. A bit laughable considering the leader is anti EU and the voters who put these MPs in parliament are not necessarily Remainers!

According to Rifkind, even if we had another vote on Brexit, nothing would change.

Quote:
I voted for Britain to remain in the EU and continue to believe that, on balance, Brexit does not best serve the national interest. But a different conclusion was reached by a majority of the British public and the evidence suggests that another referendum would produce the same result.
You may not have noticed that I'm not arguing for another referendum.

Not yet, anyway.

We'll see when it actually comes to a vote in parliament, how much support there is for overturning Brexit. The media are even changing now and are starting to call it as a party thing, urging Labour to become the official Remain party. A bit laughable considering the leader is anti EU and the voters who put these MPs in parliament are not necessarily Remainers!

Fun, isn't it?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Indeed. Be a real gas if it weren't for the Remainiacs! :D

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Labour away day tomorrow and the debate over the trade bill later this month.

Watch this space.
They won't get round to the debate - they won't have time! Jezza will take too long reading out 20,000 emails from his constituents!

Come now. Please avoid the vacuous snides. You brought up the Rifkind piece without understanding what he was actually saying.
Nope, I fully understood, but You keep hanging in there champ, whatever reality your living in good luck to you.

Last edited:

<labour Islington elites>

but Tarquil darling, it’s so beastly the proles are forcing us to leave dordogneshire!

<Labour Islington elites>

Just in the vain hope that you may stop tagging me in the incessant drivel you keep posting
Ooh, you are a one. How many people have you 'followed' today?

Brexit is still a humiliating debacle that is not looking any better than on day one... Already written into the history books as a British disease.

" His grandfather was a brexiteer"...oh the shame of it!

The law of unintended consequences. Making Corbyn electable, nationalisation of power and transport. Destroying our foreign power and influence.Leaving us wide open to Chinese dumping and American ‘whatever they want’.

The thing which has disturbed me most is that the powers that be thinking that Brexit will actually cause difficulties with Euro wide security and intelligence gathering.

We’re going to need a bigger bus.
Corbyn is not electable, unless reckon the electorates are that stupid. They've taught the Politicians a lesson already. Mind they have bought enough votes. According to PE they're at it again

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470