Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
One of the curious features of current meat production is the amount of meat exported on the hoof for slaughter then re-imported as cuts. I have never quite fashioned how that came about.
I know always found that weird myself

Very rarely that it is self-inflicted, though.
Wanna bet. It’s a matter of interpretation, but I don’t consider the Entente, ww1 in the finest traditions. This may be a mess but it is the culmination of a century of vacuity that has seen us giving more and more away. Now it’s time to stop. But if you think the time is right for a superstate and less say for it’s inhabitants, then you’re welcome. The other half of my family had a belly full of that.

I’m actually rather excited by Brexit now. I have an interview for a lectureship in the north of England where the economy is manufacturing based, and the most appealing part is hoovering up cheap property after Brexit because the unemployment levels will increase and people will be less able to afford to buy.

Wish me luck.
Properties are cheap in the North any way...... it’s all right pet, you’ll afford them .

One of the curious features of current meat production is the amount of meat exported on the hoof for slaughter then re-imported as cuts. I have never quite fathomed how that came about.
I was reading that the UK had lost a lot of ability and expertise to prepare live cattle after the BSE fiasco. Hence it has become cheaper to export live cattle to processing plants in other countries for preparation.
I'd have thought this would have been overcome by now but it seems to still be the case.
Also impacted sheep meat after the foot and mouth bit in the early 2000s according to a British meat industry publication.

I was reading that the UK had lost a lot of ability and expertise to prepare live cattle after the BSE fiasco. Hence it has become cheaper to export live cattle to processing plants in other countries for preparation.
I'd have thought this would have been overcome by now but it seems to still be the case.
Also impacted sheep meat after the foot and mouth bit in the early 2000s according to a British meat industry publication.
It does look a bit absurd I must say. Definitely something that is done because it can and not because it should.

So I've seen. I showed the prices on Rightmove to the other half and she couldn't believe it and wondered if they were mis-labeled part-ownership homes. She's just got her second property in Scotland, and for what she's just paid for a one bedroom apartment, you can almost buy a detached house for in some parts of the North.
But you would have to mix with rough northern types, raise wippets and live off tripe.

It does look a bit absurd I must say. Definitely something that is done because it can and not because it should.
The Eu will apply tariffs, and the U.K. Will be forced to also apply tariffs, so the drivers of trade will change. Introducing friction into trade means less trade. The U.K. Has benefited from this frictionless trade with the EU, dreams of illusory FTAs won't make this up.

The Eu will apply tariffs, and the U.K. Will be forced to also apply tariffs, so the drivers of trade will change. Introducing friction into trade means less trade. The U.K. Has benefited from this frictionless trade with the EU, dreams of illusory FTAs won't make this up.
and unregulated migration

I'm not sure regulated migration will be much difference to what we have now - I recall seeing on one of the gov sites that EU migrants will still be able to get a three year visa.
That is because you are T.A.A.B.

1. Just for starters, currently you do not need a visa. So it will be totally different.

2., It is fairly simple process to reject a visa application.

3. A visa does not guarantee entry.

4. It will seriously inhibit career criminals from even trying to get a visa.

5. Most people who have traveled / worked further afield than the EU already know this.

Eeeeeeeeek, it must be Brexit

Ford has said it will close a factory in Brazil after more than 50 years as it stops selling heavy commercial trucks in South America.

The US carmaker said it saw "no viable path to profitability" for the Sao Bernardo do Campo plant, which employs about 2,800 people.

The closure is the latest move in a bigger global restructuring.
Just for good measure

Ford scales back in South America

I read that planes would be grounded after March, our economy would collapse and they’d be mass unemployment.

I don’t doubt what you are saying is partially true, but not a good enough reason to ignore a referendum result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 299
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 137