Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again incorrect. The only way May's government can fall is if it loses a vote of confidence in the House of Commons. And given that turkeys don't vote for Christmas, it is likely that the Tories/DUP will defeat any such motion so as to avoid a GE they might lose seats in.

Wordsmith
Only if she doesn't have a raft of tory defections ? if she tries to push through no deal, then she could lose far more MPs than you seem to realise.

Are they opening another McD's ?
The 24-hr McDonalds on the Greenbridge Retail Park is currently being rebuilt and expanded, to include a mezzanine floor and increased carparking. All the staff that were working there when it temporarily shut were offered shifts in all the other local McDonalds. It is due to re-open by Brexit Day.

It's TM's ambition to steal the centre ground from Labour and bearing this weeks Labour fiasco she is succeeding.This smells reminiscent of the end. Have to say Labour have a point that the breakaways should really really resign rather than remain on a commitment to honour the referendum they clearly don't agree with. The other issue of anti jewish sentiment within the party is really a lost cause no matter how much they witter on about a broad church. If the Jewish money follows. JC may as well admit they are the SWP. Exactly what the breakaways see in remaining in Europe especially as it won't be reformed from within, rather like Labour is unclear.
I think this breakaway is everything to do with remain and other issues are simply smoke and mirrors to justify some sort of more fundamental change.

Even the BBC business correspondent on Radio Glos was pretty adamant that Brexit had little if anything to do with Honda pulling out of Swindon.

1%

That’s Honda’s European market share. They sell far more in the States and Swindon was always on borrowed time within massive change of focus.

That must mean something to you... why would PMTM need to seek an Article 50 for a general election? Do you mean an extension to A50?

The EU27 have suggested an extension to Article 50 would be available provided it is to facilitate a pre-defined outcome (passing legislation etc). I don't really see a general election meeting that defined outcome criterion and nor is it anything that would concern the EU given that it just introduces a whole new raft of uncertainty In respect of the UK and its Brexit machinations.
If the end result of another General Election is a hung parliament where a new Remain Party holds the balance of power, what do you think their NO.1 Demand would be ?? at the very least it will be a second referendum.

On that eventuality the EU would be more than happy to extend A50.

You wouldn't believe the tidal wave of capital heading in that direction.........it's the "new black", and not without merit.
Agreed at least it will curtail the grip on the world the oil rich country’s have. It’s time we handover power to the Freemasons and a Jew World order. Sorry I meant New. Close all the car factory’s and open button factory’s, that’s what they did in Wales in the 80s, no duff.

If the end result of another General Election is a hung parliament where a new Remain Party holds the balance of power, what do you think their NO.1 Demand would be ?? at the very least it will be a second referendum.
Hung parliament. What a cracking idea. Who shall we start with? Start in alphabetical order and do the 600 in a day off tower bridge.

Well, maybe whoever gets the job will have the delight* of teaching them as mature students as they’ll be f*** all else for them to do.

(*and I mean that sincerely - teachings people from non traditional backgrounds is rewarding.).
As long as you're not teaching them how to spell.
I'd have thought someone with your level of claimed achievement would already be way up the property ladder.

You do know that they are also closing plants in Turkey and Japan

Yes, a huge plant in Japan is shutting, one with 250% more capacity than Swindon.
It’s down to over capacity, falling regional markets and utilisation rates .
Honda plants usually run @ 95% capacity, the ones closing are running @ 75% capacity.

Oh it’s very true. Wife has lots of family in Swindon.
Honda pay well, but there are plenty of alternatives that pay as well and Swindon has a very mobile workforce.
There is a terrific engineering History in Swindon Isambard Kingdom Brunel thought so and built steam engines for the world there. Swindon will raise again, it matters not if it is a major industry or hundreds of small business. They certainly have the skills! It is up to a forward thinking government to support them, and not just with lip service.

As long as you're not teaching them how to spell.
I'd have thought someone with your level of claimed achievement would already be way up the property ladder.
Most people wait until they have tenure before taking steps like buying, having children etc. Especially as you have to be internationally mobile for postdoc positions. And usually posts are two years long, so can make it a hassle to get a competitive mortgage etc.

Although what do you mean by claimed achievement? I work in research. It’s hardly remarkable. I’ve told you this repeatedly.

When the Jazz and CRV went, and the 10th Gen Civic didn’t come there, it was time up.
My Dealer sales manager has always complained bitterly about the EUs whole fleet mpg regs that drive all the hot Hondas that are Hondas core business away. We got a dull 1.2l Jazz to boost their overall mpg, outside EUtopia, they come with fiesty 1.5l engines.... and they were built in Swindon for export outside the EU.
People like VW can build really small engined loss leaders to get their fleet mpg up, but the smaller Japanese makers couldn’t afford too, and EU rules stopped them importing their little Kei cars.
We could always buy British cars. Austin Martin anyone? Reinvent the wheel with leyland. Bring back the allegro and princess.

Even the BBC business correspondent on Radio Glos was pretty adamant that Brexit had little if anything to do with Honda pulling out of Swindon.

1%

That’s Honda’s European market share. They sell far more in the States and Swindon was always on borrowed time within massive change of focus.

Honda sold 42,000 CRVs in December 2018 in the US, up 14% on the previous year. It’s the 5th best selling car in the US. The Civic is no 9.

In December 2018, Honda sold just 7,000 of ALL its models in the EU.

Last edited:
You mean that there might be a job for Baggy?
I rather think Lackbag is going to move in with Funny Shrimp, who is going to borrow the loot from his rich bird to buy some sort of bothy and have a v/rewarding life teaching people to suck eggs. Or something.

There is a terrific engineering History in Swindon Isambard Kingdom Brunel thought so and built steam engines for the world there. Swindon will raise again, it matters not if it is a major industry or hundreds of small business. They certainly have the skills! It is up to a forward thinking government to support them, and not just with lip service.

Before Honda bought it, Marston built aircraft.
As you say, something will come along.

Most people wait until they have tenure before taking steps like buying, having children etc. Especially as you have to be internationally mobile for postdoc positions. And usually posts are two years long, so can make it a hassle to get a competitive mortgage etc.

Although what do you mean by claimed achievement? I work in research. It’s hardly remarkable. I’ve told you this repeatedly.
So you've been knocked back for the new job, and your bird doesn't want your children. Ah well, keep on keeping on..

I rather think Lackbag is going to move in with Funny Shrimp, who is going to borrow the loot from his rich bird to buy some sort of bothy and have a v/rewarding life teaching people to suck eggs. Or something.
My feeling is they are one & the same, both dribbling cretins with fantasising tendencies.

Anyhow...

Brexit countdown

So, you can’t get a mortgage as you’ve no credit rating, no woman wants to spawn with you & you have to move every two years.

Living the dream Walter:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 1227
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138