Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Uk's definition of poverty is someone on less than 60% of the median income.

Which resulted in the number of people in 'poverty' falling in the last recession as the median income fell as people accepted wage cuts to stay in a job.

A more realistic definition of poverty would be able to work out the minimum income (including benefits you were entitled to) that would put a roof over your head, keep the place reasonably warm, and give you basic clothing, simple food, a pay as you go mobile phone and basic internet access. The minimum you need to leave to live with a roof over your head, feed and clothe yourself, ring for job interviews and search for jobs on the Internet.

For those with genuine medical conditions, I would also include the income required to cater for those medial conditions.

Wordsmith
The problem of relative poverty versus actual
Poverty.

The relative poverty whereby somebody on £250k per year is in poverty if their neighbours are all multi millionaires.

For those with genuine medical conditions, I would also include the income required to cater for those medial conditions.
Not a criticism but that's an unnecessary use of 'genuine' there.

It speaks of a particular stance, though I'm not suggesting a rightness or wrongness of such a stance.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Not a criticism but that's an unnecessary use of 'genuine' there.

It speaks of a particular stance, though I'm not suggesting a rightness or wrongness of such a stance.
I take your point.

However, any benefits system will contain people with verifiable medical problems, and those who are trying to game the system to get higher paid disability benefits.

I'm all for people with a verifiable medical condition to be paid more generous benefits than at present, but that also means a rigorous weeding to ensure that only those genuinely entitled get those enhanced benefits.

Wordsmith

I'm sure you'll make something up if they're not forthcoming.
Where’s left for them to go? Especially Chuka as he was being touted around as future labour leader.

Possibly an A new SDP?

If the arch-Europhile Lord Owen wants out of the EU, it should make us all stop and think

Or possibly linked with the LibDems pushing for a non LibDem leader of the party.

Remind me again how many seats the LibDems and SNP gained in the last GE when they said they’d ignore the refrendum result.

Where’s left for them to go? Especially Chuka as he was being touted around as future labour leader.

Possibly an A new SDP?

If the arch-Europhile Lord Owen wants out of the EU, it should make us all stop and think

Or possibly linked with the LibDems pushing for a non LibDem leader of the party.

Remind me again how many seats the LibDems and SNP gained in the last GE when they said they’d ignore the refrendum result.
They haven't formed a new party, they're a group. Not sure what your argument is.

Well done guys. Make a joke about something I never said eh?

Honda to stun ministers with closure of Swindon factory
I’ll wait till they announce it. After all, we haven’t seen the mass exodus of business that project fear has predicted/made up.

Although Honda has been struggling for some time with Honda Civic sales falling dramatically globally.

Or do you think it’s because Honda makes the Mk9 civic in Swindon and the Mk10 is made in Japan? One may argue that if true, this has nothing to do with brexit and more to do with being able to import directly from Japan now.

Either way, I don’t work at Swindon, don’t know anybody who works at Swindon and don’t see keeping Swindon open as a good enough reason to embrace the lack of democratic defecit that the E.U. shows.

You didn’t seem to give a sh*t when Ford shut down the Fird Transit factory and moved it to Turkey using E.U. funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 3186
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138