Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inconvenient as it is for your worldview, as a signatory to the Washington Treaty, the UK is obligated by an attack on one being considered an attack on all. It has nothing to do with the EU, despite the desire of Brexiteers to blame everything on that part of Brussels. As one of the founder members and, at least in UK minds 'big hitters' of the Alliance, the UK is complicit in stretching NATO's military capability as thin as we have by maintaining the 'open door' and admitting countries of no military value behind colouring more of the map blue and putting another flagpole outside SHAPE. NATO at 29, soon to be 30 with the Republic of North Macedonia, another military and diplomatic heavy-weight, refuses to enforce Article 3, no matter how inarticulately the current POTUS tries to get everyone going. In any case, the minnows will remain minnows, as 2% of f*ck all will still be f*uck all use.
You said it yourself, a treaty that was signed by our grandfathers, in a day when Estonia was a province of the Soviet Union and holds the country to ransom, to render services free of charge :( similarly, an EU stuck in the past and still trying to recreate charlemagnes Franco-Saxon alliance, with similar results.

The problem I have is how long does the status quo endure, when everything around us never stops changing ?

You said it yourself, a treaty that was signed by our grandfathers, in a day when Estonia was a province of the Soviet Union and holds the country to ransom, to render services free of charge :( similarly, an EU stuck in the past and still trying to recreate charlemagnes Franco-Saxon alliance, with similar results.

The problem I have is how long does the status quo endure, when everything around us never stops changing ?
If the status quo endured, NATO would still only have 12 members.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oh dear, BBC news has just reiterated that No-Deal is the brexit default position if a deal can't be reached. @Brotherton Lad won't be pleased. I wonder if he will be writing to the BBC to tell them they are wrong and that he knows there is no mandate for No Deal Brexit!?

Oh dear, BBC news has just reiterated that No-Deal is the brexit default position if a deal can't be reached. @Brotherton Lad won't be pleased. I wonder if he will be writing to the BBC to tell them they are wrong and that he knows there is no mandate for No Deal Brexit!?
No Deal is the default if PMTM's WA doesn't get through Parliament.

At the moment.

It's not a difficult concept.

Cheers Odd Viktor Bod

No Deal is the default if PMTM's WA doesn't get through Parliament.

At the moment.

It's not a difficult concept.
Explain ’at the moment'. Is there to be a moment between now and March 29th that No Deal will cease to be the default if PMTM's WA (or a variation thereof) doesn't get through Parliament?

Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us? You seem to be convinced us leaving will only hurt the E.U. and we are going to move into some sort of UK utopia where the streets will suddenly be paved with gold.
Not at all.

I'm pretty sure the infighting that will result, or precede, from brexi t will be a beauty to behold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin Brexit 2218
L Brexit 43
Murphy_Slaw Brexit 138