Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Always the plan. Centrist politics has had its day until it gets reinvented again.

I’m looking forward to the mass exodus of new labour MPs.

That’ll split the labour vote and get even more competition for the libDems.

However, in the real world whereby political parties aren’t polling their own echo chambers, the non party political aligned electorate will vote for who they want to. As we saw in the last GE, the two parties who advocated ignoring the referendum result (SNP & LibDems) lost seats whilst the two main parties who advocated honouring the referendum result remained the same. (Tory’s lost some seats and labour gained some seats)

It’s interesting watching some labour activists advocating staying in the EU and nationalisation (which they can’t do), whilst simultaneously advocating staying in the EU to save the NHS, whilst no other country in Europe has a healthcare system delivered in the same way as the NHS? Harmonisation anybody?
No matter how many times you are told, you still come up with the same crap about healthcare and the uniqueness of the NHS. Stop spouting things from inside your head because you are making yourself look like a fool.

The NHS is neither unique nor very good.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nobody else voted for that.

The manifestos of the 2 main Parties were for a deep and special partnership, and a close trading relationship.
Really? Why on earth didn't they say that at the referendum and if both major parties agreed that why did they allow a clear binary choice?

What's Corbyn if not an outlier? He's squeezing out the centre left to replace with the hard lft
He is a populist as all outliers tend to be, its only the fact the left media pretend that populism is something of the right, he is not labelled as much as Farage. I get you dislike these populist people, but they are an inevitable symptom of the present political order. Brexit from where I was sitting, is all about changing that political order.

I for one did not believe it would be enough.. My fear is people stalled, tend to double down. So that's why I think you and remainers should get behind TMs deal.. Once and for all we need a compromise.

Leo, there are HEOs at UK Space Agency in Swindon on £27k pa.

The UK gov are also asking for PhDs to work as statisticians ... Starting on 25k a year in Edinburgh (and 28k for the next level up). One of my old lab mates left academia after his PhD and was on 50k after 9 months, crunching numbers for one of the gambling companies. A year or so after that he was contracting for 300 a day for banks and the like. Even the NHS pay 30-32k starting salary when recruiting PhDs for that role. No idea how they expect to recruit people when they are paying far below industry rates and even around 8-12k less than academia (and at least in academia you are free to set you own schedule, including where you work, and set your own projects etc).

Last edited:
Funny. You must be hanging around in different circles.

upset their contributions to eU funding is going up?

Don’t worry. We have the same retards. They repost twitters and read the Guardian.
Would you like some laboons?

Nope, I'd have to go some to beat your bollocks. The US are much more protectionist.

View attachment 377393

The country that imposes the most restrictions on trade might surprise you

I'm sure that if you practice your usual contortionist act you'll be able to prove that the EU was more protectionist at 12:15 on Jan 1st 2015 and will do your usual Special Olympics lap of honour.
You can sort of understand the BRIC countries - they are trying to grow their home grown industries after all, shielding them a bit from the massive global corps. China used to have way more restrictions but they went down quite a bit after the local industries themselves turned into global companies. But it's a fine line balancing that and inward investment from foreign firms.

Nope, I'd have to go some to beat your bollocks. The US are much more protectionist.

View attachment 377393

The country that imposes the most restrictions on trade might surprise you

I'm sure that if you practice your usual contortionist act you'll be able to prove that the EU was more protectionist at 12:15 on Jan 1st 2015 and will do your usual Special Olympics lap of honour.
Look at the graph. You will spot the issue unless you are thick as shit. EU is not a state and tags zero for national barriers to trade. We know they are huge in the MS.

Try again.

I suppose you don't read many german forums or newspapers. Many of my fellow countrymen today indulge in damnation or even hatred of the British. They are irrational and act like women scorned to quote Congreve. Many Mini-Treitschkes crawling out from under their rock. Today, if you defend the Brexit in Germany you are a Nazi, one of Putins trolls or some lowlife barsteward. The true believers of the church of the holy EU are merciless.

Not that many of us Anglophiles left in Germany.
Listen castenkopf less of this anti-British sentiment or we will send a squadron of ‘Achtung Spitfires’ over to sort you lot out.

Which one of you heroes is this skip licker? State of him...

The GE was not the referendum, stop conflating them.
#
Yet, at the time when I pointed that out, you yourself said that it was all about the Brexit policy and was only about us leaving. I did say, at the time again, I wouldn't vote for Labour (which I never have done) because there was more to a GE than Brexit, like the economy, defence, transport and many other things.
You, on the other hand, responded that that GE was overwhelmingly about Brexit and the most important thing and was a mandate for May to carry it out.
Still, it was nearly 2 years ago.

Yer quoting skills are shit BTW.

"We're doing pretty shit but we haven't crashed and burned" is about it...before we've left. No idea what you were linking to either as this one actual link in there give this:

View attachment 377352

And this:

View attachment 377353

That's after the bonus of a good World Cup run and the Royal Wedding.
Is that £900 before or after the £4000 (or whatever the figure was) that households were going to be worse off if we voted leave?