Brexit Phase Two - Trade

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
To be fair to May she was not the only one predicting a safe Tory walkover in 2017.

The actual result has led to the DUP tail wagging the Tory dog which ironically is no bad thing. With a safe Tory majority the backstop would have been waved through and we should be staring at being forever slaved to the EU with no say in how it is run.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The binary thinking is by those who choose to define Brexit In isolationist ideological terms, and see every other legal brexit as Remain.
This all started with a binary choice at the referendum. Politicians, shocked after being told to foxtrot oscar, have been opening up and complicating that binary issue ever since. Politicians have been assisted by people such as Soros who are in it for the money!

The binary thinking is by those who choose to define Brexit In isolationist ideological terms, and see every other legal brexit as Remain.
I wonder about the mentality that see's leaving the most protectionist body on the planet and seeking to trade far more freely with the RoW (and EU if they want to less mental demands) is 'isolationist'.

That combined with leaving the whitest organisation on the planet is 'racist' makes me think you people have taken leave of your senses.

It is a nascent empire, but wears a mask to not scare people like your ignorant self.
It is an ineffectual union, because most of the countries are in it for the cash and those more dedicated have bought into the empire. So the union functions only when the centre is pulling the strings.

Our exceptionalism is probably the only thing that will save europe from itself. Not for the first time, either.
The downtrodden masses speak

All speed guns are being packed up and sent back to the EU.

@Graculus did say that without the EU calibrated equipment will cease to function post March
Andy's making shit up again. Comes naturally to some. They don't know right from wrong. Cheers Kevin.

I wonder about the mentality that see's leaving the most protectionist body on the planet and seeking to trade far more freely with the RoW (and EU if they want to less mental demands) is 'isolationist'.

That combined with leaving the whitest organisation on the planet is 'racist' makes me think you people have taken leave of your senses.
US is.

You also need to consider the role of the EU in all this. And they seem determined to make the only option available to the UK a no-deal Brexit by setting conditions that are not acceptable to Westminster.

As I've repeatedly posted, the issue could be easily solved by allowing thew UK to unilaterally exit the backstop, but revert to WTO terms if no FTA is agreed. (WTO terms are what will result from a no-deal Brexit anyway)

Despite that very obvious solution, the EU are refusing to change was much as a full stop in the WA.

The EU don't want a solution - period. Because they want to make it impossible for the UK to leave the EU.

Wordsmith

Interesting points.

Any party that Nigel leads will be all about Nigel. He'll not want to or in my view be capable of running a full spectrum political party with anyone approaching the status of a near peer.

He couldn't get along with another relatively well known politician and the party's only MP Carswell back in the UKIP days. Admittedly this is only one data point.
He has fallen out with almost everyone he has worked with, whose personality has shown to have any wider appeal.. The man talks a lot of sense to me, but is the classic roving lion roaring from the side-lines... Truth be told, its those kind of people who turn out to have a smidge of greatness about them, despite their many flaws.

Your mainstream parties are the very opposite. They've squeezed out the outliers, the people who will actually work through a problem and its largely why brexit is as big a basket case as it currently is.. My only wish, is you would get behind TM on this issue, as we really need to find compromise that leaves everyone a touch unhappy.

You also need to consider the role of the EU in all this. And they seem determined to make the only option available to the UK a no-deal Brexit by setting conditions that are not acceptable to Westminster.

As I've repeatedly posted, the issue could be easily solved by allowing thew UK to unilaterally exit the backstop, but revert to WTO terms if no FTA is agreed. (WTO terms are what will result from a no-deal Brexit anyway)

Despite that very obvious solution, the EU are refusing to change was much as a full stop in the WA.

The EU don't want a solution - period. Because they want to make it impossible for the UK to leave the EU.

Wordsmith
I agree... Its very hard NOT to don a tinfoil hat and see a lot of darkness in the commission. One wishes other countries in Europe made a stand with us, in exchange for staying in.

You were the one touting celebrities for Nigel's brave new brexit party.

I had to resort to fictional characters since there aren't any real celebrities who are hard right enough to be associated with the toxic Farage.

Katie Hopkins comes to mind. Perhaps Stephen Yaxly Lennon? Both celebrity 'journalists'
I dont think he needs celebrities - they have less credibility than politicians and are as well liked. Nige needs to find good solid business people. Not big business - people who know what it means when you ask yourself 'can I run the payroll at the end of the month' and solid people from the community. They will get people's votes

You were the one touting celebrities for Nigel's brave new brexit party.

I had to resort to fictional characters since there aren't any real celebrities who are hard right enough to be associated with the toxic Farage.

Katie Hopkins comes to mind. Perhaps Stephen Yaxly Lennon? Both celebrity 'journalists'
Only a moron would see Farage as far right, especially after he resigned form UKIP after its lurch in that direction.

Only a moron
Ah, I see what the problem is...

This all started with a binary choice at the referendum. Politicians, shocked after being told to foxtrot oscar, have been opening up and complicating that binary issue ever since. Politicians have been assisted by people such as Soros who are in it for the money!
No, no, no - haven't you been listening. All those nasty billionaires are Brexit supporters, or they are according to the usual mongs here.

1. Wages are rising at the fastest rate in 10 years.

2. Only 5% of UK firms do any business with the EU.

3. Slower GDP growth is a far cry from the promised instant recession.

4. Brexit ravaged UK higher GDP growth 2018 than France. Italy in recession, Germany narrowly avoided recession.

You might want to read this

[QUOTE]What is clear, however, is that two-and-a-half years after the referendum, the most dire predictions about what could have happened to financial wellbeing have failed to transpire.

What effect has Brexit had on the UK economy?
Yer quoting skills are shit BTW.

"We're doing pretty shit but we haven't crashed and burned" is about it...before we've left. No idea what you were linking to either as this one actual link in there give this:

1549917774326.png

And this:

1549917868370.png

That's after the bonus of a good World Cup run and the Royal Wedding.