Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I take it you do not understand that Alf Garnet was playing a fictional character.
I think you'll find that Alf Garnett WAS the fictional character, who was played by Warren Mitchell.

I take it you do not understand that Alf Garnet was playing a fictional character.
Was that a case of art imitating life, or have you mixed up the actor Warren Mitchell with his character Alf Garnett?

As noted previously, I read no papers and watch no news or current affairs; I get everything from the debates here on ARRSE.

I'm obliged to admit that, even after almost two years, I've no idea what a WA is all about or why it's needed and all discussion here seems to presume that it's obvious to everybody.

Would be obliged if somebody could give me a simpleton's guide to a WA?
You got that right the wa is something that only a simpleton would sign up to. Basically it’s an agreement designed to stop the U.K.’s money from leaving the E.U., ever. Formulated by May a remoaner by nature who kept the lowest of low profiles until call me Dave and the cocain cowboy jumped ship and she found herself holding the shortest straw. Designed to stop the U.K. from even daring to think of jumping ship herself. It’s 550 odd pages of toilet paper, telling us what we can’t do or even think about that ever. With firing squads available if ness. However it seems to keep those mp’s who can’t think happy that it fulfills every one of their delusions.

After we leave the EU, I would hope that regulation an be selectively pruned. There is some decent EU inspired regulation; there are some useless ones. We should be looking to keep the good while junking the ones that just impose unnecessary bureaucracy.
Oooh me first, bin the Eu bans on US propellants, bin the guidelines on deactivation, post 95 was bad enough, bin the retrospective ban on selling deacts without meeting the new standard.
I'm sure there is more but I cant be arsed, maybe rip up the EFP regs as we gold plated them and basically made them worthless anyway. Lets just go back to sponsored visitors permits.

You do know alf garnet is a fictional character ? that one quote, shows how far you represent the fictional universe of the tinternet and idiot box with the real world of flesh and blood.. For someone obsessed with populism, you are a good advert for how people can turn into monsters.
You were the one touting celebrities for Nigel's brave new brexit party.

I had to resort to fictional characters since there aren't any real celebrities who are hard right enough to be associated with the toxic Farage.

Katie Hopkins comes to mind. Perhaps Stephen Yaxly Lennon? Both celebrity 'journalists'

Oooh me first, bin the Eu bans on US propellants, bin the guidelines on deactivation, post 95 was bad enough, bin the retrospective ban on selling deacts without meeting the new standard.

I'm sure there is more but I cant be arsed, maybe rip up the EFP regs as we gold plated them and basically made them worthless anyway. Lets just go back to sponsored visitors permits.
I defer to your expertise on this, but to be fair to the EU (it does happen occasionally), part of the problem is Westminster gold plating originally basic EU regulations and making them far more complex then required. As such, even if we don't bin the regulation, it needs translating into plain English. The lawyers who took the EU regulation and came up the equivalent UK legislation seem to have delighted in using convoluted language when it would have been possible to use far simpler wording.

Wordsmith

Ban the US ban on US reloading powders
Ni more bloody Trail Boss Grrrrrr!

It is extremely noticeable that the "Campaign to Immediately Rejoin the EU After Leaving" has not been set up. In other words, the attitude of these campaigners is not: "I respect the result of the referendum and I will campaign to rejoin the EU after we have left". It is "People voted the wrong way the first time, so we'll give them a second opportunity to vote the right way".

Wordsmith
If we were to apply to rejoin after bailing out, that would be the E.U. with non of the opt outs we currently have. So the euro, Shengen, no rebate on our contributions and so on.

I defer to your expertise on this, but to be fair to the EU (it does happen occasionally), part of the problem is Westminster gold plating originally basic EU regulations and making them far more complex then required. As such, even if we don't bin the regulation, it needs translating into plain English. The lawyers who took the EU regulation and came up the equivalent UK legislation seem to have delighted in using convoluted language when it would have been possible to use far simpler wording.

Wordsmith
I think the real issue here, is that with the numbers of FAs freely available on the criminal market, it doesn't really matter about the legislation surrounding these bits. I'm sure the relevant massive is quaking in it's boots with the latest directives, besides it's changed to single use shivs and there been an increase in Females using them, no doubt to give each other tribal markings

If we were to apply to rejoin after bailing out, that would be the E.U. with non of the opt outs we currently have. So the euro, Shengen, no rebate on our contributions and so on.
Assuming we were allowed in, wanted to go in and also if the Eu wanted us to be full members.
Luckily no chance of it happening!

You were the one touting celebrities for Nigel's brave new brexit party.

I had to resort to fictional characters since there aren't any real celebrities who are hard right enough to be associated with the toxic Farage.

Katie Hopkins comes to mind. Perhaps Stephen Yaxly Lennon? Both celebrity 'journalists'
Kilroy Silk was an example of a celebrity that picked up votes, even your two real people have a following ...

Modern age, I don't really pay attention to all these idiot internet opinion makers that others do, as I have rarely met or heard anyone, who is right all the time and worthy of a blind faith... You should however engage your brain before hitting dumb to every idea, or thought, just because you disagree with it.

If it makes you feel better. Farages weakness is a classic one that he can't seem to stand others of a similar standing to his own. He is also closed minded and that results in him recruiting non-entities. So the brexit party will only do well in single issue elections like the EU ones. FPP without celebrity faces is curtains for any non-mainstream party.