Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The EU could of course lay out in detail exactly what it wants from a post-Brexit trade agreement

We've had leaks and off the record briefings, but non substantive document has been released.

Perhaps you could hold the EU to the same standards as you want to hold the UK to?

Wordsmith

It's not the EU which is leaving.

come on then help me here you snipers. I've just been looking through the EU protocols on the Customs union. I can find the legislations that the EU has passed in relation to harmonising the systems but nothing outright about the EU approving deals before they can be admitted into the system.

Just to reinforce the point
"Movement of goods within customs unions is not based on their originating status but on the fact that they comply with provisions on free circulation. However, some products do not fall within the scope of the customs union but remain subject to a preferential treatment based on origin, which is relevant for this part of the Website. In order better to help readers to understand the various situations concerned, the explanations therefore include an overview of the trade relations between the EC and each of the countries concerned."

Err, no. The EU negotiators are waiting for the UK to explain what it wants. This is the opposite of good.

I'm surprised you're still defending this level of incompetence.
This isn't any old incompetence, it's at a level that makes me wonder who gets them dressed and ties their shoe laces in the morning.

They don't want to leave, and the EU don't want them to either, so why wouldn't they collude to fudge the whole thing and maintain the status quo?

They're between the devil and the deep blue sea, and I can't see them pulling it off.

Then they can go and ask the negotiators. Why on earth do we want to negotiate everything in the media. If that discomfits the EU then tough on them.

Now, enough of your banal games. Not in the mood to play your claptrap tonight.
Everything has to be done in the media these days.

Police investigations, defence strategy and even military engagements have to be held up for public approval, despite the obvious advantages it hands to the criminal, terrorist or enemy forces.

Partly driven I suspect, by 24/7 rolling media coverage which encourages and feeds the public appetite. A self licking lollipop.

Nothing is secret. Even the stuff that needs to be.

This isn't any old incompetence, it's at a level that makes me wonder who gets them dressed and ties their shoe laces in the morning.

They don't want to leave, and the EU don't want them to either, so why wouldn't they collude to fudge the whole thing and maintain the status quo?

They're between the devil and the deep blue sea, and I can't see them pulling it off.
Quite. Maybe something will turn up?

Even Boris appears to have realised he backed the wrong horse.

I feel much better after BoJo's pep talk... Knowing that it will be ok...nothing to worry about really. Going over the top into a hail of bullets is not so bad. It's an opportunity...all we need is hope and fortitude. No idea at all what to do if we reach the enemy trenches...but it will be worth while for sure. Plans without details have less things that can go wrong see...
Douglas Haig walt ;)

Quite. Maybe something will turn up?

Even Boris appears to have realised he backed the wrong horse.
Boris is the back end of the panto horse, playing his part in the deception.

52% of the electorate is a substantial audience to distract and deceive.

It's HMGs train set, and no amount of democracy is going to get in their way, but they're really playing with fire on this one.

Boris is the back end of the panto horse, playing his part in the deception.

52% of the electorate is a substantial audience to distract and deceive.

It's HMGs train set, and no amount of democracy is going to get in their way, but they're really playing with fire on this one.

Who or what is going to be the deus ex machina to put this tragicomedy to bed, though?

Come on Grumpy, they are not all bad, are you forgetting the Infantry Divisions they provided in WW1 and the fact there's never been less than 'thousands' of em in the British army. I like their singing and there pubs too!
They're not all bad but historically their politicians have been toxic

The only thing they are pulling off are the wheels of the economy

Haven't the faintest, but it ending in TMs tears is a safe bet.

Struggling to find the amusing side of this though, unlike yourself and others.
Maybe I was too long in the Infantry. Hence the line in the signature block.

My view is that there is no time left at all to prepare for any sort of Brexit but plenty of time for a change of mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 253
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 464