Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And no doubt they will be asking the government for compensation soon, if not already.
You keep bleating on about the government having two years to get planning done, yet here we have farmers after two years in the same situation. Note, we haven't left the EU yet so migrant workers can still come over. Maybe they can get work back home for the same money and don't want to travel.

I suppose as far as you are concerned the UK's lack of medals at the Olympics is down to Brexit! Did you blame the disaster of a test series on Brexit also.

Is there anything you will not blame Brexit for?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Some quotes.

So the proles that voted to leave only did so because they were conned by some weird conspiracy including the rich in the UK, Trump, the Russians and Google. I was surprised to find he hadn't included the Lizard People in his list of suspects.

I do the people who voted leave and those who voted remain the courtesy of thinking they did their best to evaluate the choices facing the UK and voted as their consciences dictated and what they believed was in the best interests of the UK.

To suggest the people were conned/deceived into voting the way that they did is downright offensive and an insult to 99.9% of the voting electorate.

The man's a weapons grade bell end.

Wordsmith
Grayling has only one opinion on anything - his!

<Snigger>

Some quotes.

So the proles that voted to leave only did so because they were conned by some weird conspiracy including the rich in the UK, Trump, the Russians and Google. I was surprised to find he hadn't included the Lizard People in his list of suspects.

I do the people who voted leave and those who voted remain the courtesy of thinking they did their best to evaluate the choices facing the UK and voted as their consciences dictated and what they believed was in the best interests of the UK.

To suggest the people were conned/deceived into voting the way that they did is downright offensive and an insult to 99.9% of the voting electorate.

Wordsmith
This is the current forecast. I'd much rather this thread was in the NAAFI TBH.

Hard Brexit would cost public finances £80bn, says secret analysis

They knew what they were voting for, feck em? Do one.

Some quotes.

Wordsmith

You don't like him, I take it. A waste of your shoe leather, perhaps?

And no doubt they will be asking the government for compensation soon, if not already.
You keep bleating on about the government having two years to get planning done, yet here we have farmers after two years in the same situation. Note, we haven't left the EU yet so migrant workers can still come over. Maybe they can get work back home for the same money and don't want to travel.

I suppose as far as you are concerned the UK's lack of medals at the Olympics is down to Brexit! Did you blame the disaster of a test series on Brexit also.

Is there anything you will not blame Brexit for?

I'm not blaming Brexit. The farmers and the NFU are.

Just a guess by some then? Do you really think the collective governments in London, Paris, Berlin and elsewhere would make such an elementary mistake.
Er, yes actually.

Cameron said that the EU needed reform, although he didn't mean it then took it to the people who handed him his arrse on a plate.

I simply wanted to propose a hypothesis that saw the two apparently contradictory statements made by others (EUSSR and implosion) not, in fact, being contradictory but perfectly capable of existing at the same time. I did not comment as to whether it was right or wrong, simply that it was possible (hence the use of the word hypothesis).

Er, yes actually.

Cameron said that the EU needed reform, although he didn't mean it then took it to the people who handed him his arrse on a plate.

I simply wanted to propose a hypothesis that saw the two apparently contradictory statements made by others (EUSSR and implosion) not, in fact, being contradictory but perfectly capable of existing at the same time. I did not comment as to whether it was right or wrong, simply that it was possible (hence the use of the word hypothesis).

Would you like to comment on the likelihood of your hypothesis?

There is strong evidence to suggest "more EU" is a default setting of the Brussels Policy Wonks. There is also evidence to support the idea that some nations are not happy with that (Brexit)

That's a separate and entirely obvious truism.

He didn't cut the workforce, the Brexit vote did that.
Bollocks! We used to get our extra agricultural labourers from the former Soviet Union, in fact there was a special visa scheme. That scheme was suspended because we could get as many Poles, etc. as we wished instead without obtaining visas for them. Now, the major impact on Eastern European labour has not been the Brexit vote per se, but the falling value of the pound combined with a growing economy in Poland.

The pound was overvalued anyway and there is now more well-paid work in Poland for semi-skilled workers. Remember, a lot of Eastern Europeans remit their wages back home but with the cost of living rising in the UK too, it is no longer as lucrative to come here for short-term work. For Eastern Europeans who have better jobs, I have seen no mass movement to go home or a shortage of labour, and I work in an environment which has relied upon well-educated Eastern European labour for years. Blaming everything on Brexit does your arguments a disservice.

Bollocks! We used to get our extra agricultural labourers from the former Soviet Union, in fact there was a special visa scheme. That scheme was suspended because we could get as many Poles, etc. as we wished instead without obtaining visas for them. Now, the major impact on Eastern European labour has not been the Brexit vote per se, but the falling value of the pound combined with a growing economy in Poland.

The pound was overvalued anyway and there is now more well-paid work in Poland for semi-skilled workers. Remember, a lot of Eastern Europeans remit their wages back home but with the cost of living rising in the UK too, it is no longer as lucrative to come here for short-term work. For Eastern Europeans who have better jobs, I have seen no mass movement to go home or a shortage of labour, and I work in an environment which has relied upon well-educated Eastern European labour for years. Blaming everything on Brexit does your arguments a disservice.

Lovely. I'm not blaming Brexit, the farmers are.

We were told by nearly everyone that Brexit would make us poorer. We voted for it anyway.

Freedom and independance always comes at a price. I am happy to have less money out of the EU. 17 million people felt the same way.

How much less money do you wish to have?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470