Brexit Phase Two - Trade

The EU crowd, as you call it, do not need to know - indeed they should be the last to know. Why do you think Barnier keeps asking for it? He wants us to show our hand FFS.

The EU want us to tell them what we want from them. How about the EU offering something for a change. You all seem to support this unilateral form of negotiating, just as long as the UK come off worse.
Long hours at the moment, so not much from me on this thread, but I thought the EU have stated their position; we might not like it, but it has been stated.

Now, they are being driven into the workings of the EU - including a 5% drop in payroll last year with another 5% drop proposed this year - I found that this morning, sorry if re-posting, increases in payments by all members, and cuts to a lot of auxiliary activity as well as funding the nascent Euro5Bn common EU defence equipment, They are taking the hit but they are not taking it laying down - now some of us might not like that fact, but it is a fact.

Another hour of work then finished and Zzzzz's time, have fun all and play nice.

The EU crowd, as you call it, do not need to know - indeed they should be the last to know. Why do you think Barnier keeps asking for it? He wants us to show our hand FFS.

The EU want us to tell them what we want from them. How about the EU offering something for a change. You all seem to support this unilateral form of negotiating, just as long as the UK come off worse.

Funnily enough, since it's the UK which is altering the status quo, it's really up to HMG to say what it would like to negotiate. So far it's been able to say what it doesn't want and proposes a series of things it does want which are clearly mutually incompatible.

HMG is even now beginning a series of yet more speeches to discover what it wants and somehow you present this as playing its cards close to its chest.

I predict even more disappointment as you realise this.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I particularly liked the bit about "super tight profit margins" here in the UK, so he cuts the workforce by 200 to maintain some.kind of profit, then decides that it isn't enough so moves production to a country with a cheaper workforce with a questionable workers rights policy, its all about the cash, not the workers.

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I particularly liked the bit about "super tight profit margins" here in the UK, so he cuts the workforce by 200 to maintain some.kind of profit, then decides that it isn't enough so moves production to a country with a cheaper workforce with a questionable workers rights policy, its all about the cash, not the workers.

He didn't cut the workforce, the Brexit vote did that.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

He didn't cut the workforce, the Brexit vote did that.
What a load of bollocks, my putting a cross on a piece of paper caused him to shed 200 jobs?

What a load of bollocks, my putting a cross on a piece of paper caused him to shed 200 jobs?

The consequences were pointed out at the time. I can understand your emotional reluctance to own that responsibility.

You voted for him to do this Joker. His business needs to survive, he does what he needs to, that's the bottom line.

Never posted there.

It's the province of the fearful and a vent for the site racists.

You fit in well there
It's after work, give him time to get home.....

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Grayling writes very well. Can you spot yourself here?

Brexit: Who Benefits? | AC Grayling

A.C. Grayling
Some quotes.
the Sunderland car workers voted for it – how come? Answer: they were conned
It is also about revenge. Mr Murdoch wants to hurt the EU because it won’t kowtow to him as the UK Tories kowtow to him. Google backs Brexit because the EU has caught them out on their monopolistic practices and tax dodges and it wants to hurt the EU and use the UK as a low-tax offshore aircraft carrier for its activities.
In the EU referendum campaign the same Big Data experts as helped Trump were at work here. (So, it seems, in a different way, were the Russians – at last a conspiracy theory turns out to be true! see the Guardian, New York Times, CNN, every front page.)
Those few who stand to benefit from a Brexit knew that many of those whom they could manipulate or persuade into voting Leave did not have ideas, only attitudes, about the EU and the UK and the meaning of the former to the latter.
So the proles that voted to leave only did so because they were conned by some weird conspiracy including the rich in the UK, Trump, the Russians and Google. I was surprised to find he hadn't included the Lizard People in his list of suspects.

I do the people who voted leave and those who voted remain the courtesy of thinking they did their best to evaluate the choices facing the UK and voted as their consciences dictated and what they believed was in the best interests of the UK.

To suggest the people were conned/deceived into voting the way that they did is downright offensive and an insult to 99.9% of the voting electorate.

The man's a weapons grade bell end.

Wordsmith

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470