Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Have Remain invoked Martians yet?
I thought that was our next go to for trading partners once the commonwealth and the world trade deals fail to mature as expected.... or hoped and prayed for. (Which seems to be the current strategy)

There’s no need as @Auld-Yin said ‘for the herd to know’, there would be some benefit in the negotiators and indeed the Eu crowd having a vague idea in what was going on and they do.

This secretive and playing the cards close to our chest stuff is just shite. We voted to leave, we’re Just working out an acceptable level of leave that’ll satisfy the waverers, fool the guillibe and wreck the ultras in the process.

Davis isn’t doing the negotiating, The team screw it up and May has to go across and calm the Europeans down, everything carries on. How do you think they managed an acceptable fudge on the border before Christmas?
The Brexiteers don’t understand how important this borderthig is?

The Eu thought we did and when they got to negotiate they realised it was a slogan.

If this works the eurosceptics in the Tory Party are finished. If it doesn’t, the Tory party are.

It is wait and see. But all it will be is an expensively stupid idea.
Have I mentioned that?

I thought that was our next go to for trading partners once the commonwealth and the world trade deals fail to mature as expected.... or hoped and prayed for. (Which seems to be the current strategy)

There’s no need as @Auld-Yin said ‘for the herd to know’, there would be some benefit in the negotiators and indeed the Eu crowd having a vague idea in what was going on and they do.

This secretive and playing the cards close to our chest stuff is just shite. We voted to leave, we’re Just working out an acceptable level of leave that’ll satisfy the waverers, fool the guillibe and wreck the ultras in the process.

Davis isn’t doing the negotiating, The team screw it up and May has to go across and calm the Europeans down, everything carries on. How do you think they managed an acceptable fudge on the border before Christmas?

The Eu thought we did and when they got to negotiate they realised it was a slogan.

If this works the eurosceptics in the Tory Party are finished. If it doesn’t, the Tory party are.

Have I mentioned that?

We?

So you are a Brexiteer too!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You seem to have a bit if a fetish about a return to violence.
If there is, the Eu can sort it out this time.

The only ones threatening violence and shouting about betrayal have been the Brexits. With their piano wire and marching from Wetherspoons.

If anyone puts a hard border in (which I seriously doubt). The various nuisances in the 32 county crowd will get rolled up, north and south (hows that for a deep and special relationship). Others will be warned off.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Have I mentioned that?
The EU crowd, as you call it, do not need to know - indeed they should be the last to know. Why do you think Barnier keeps asking for it? He wants us to show our hand FFS.

The EU want us to tell them what we want from them. How about the EU offering something for a change. You all seem to support this unilateral form of negotiating, just as long as the UK come off worse.

Indeed,

But what’s interesting is even in Germany, that most European of EU members, over a few beers, you often hear misgivings about the EU and the way it’s heading.

So why don’t you vote no?

We can’t

Course you can

We cannot, it’s our history, we must be seen to be good Europeans.

I can’t see where a people with many of them feeling strongarmed into something as some sort of reparations for what happened 70 odd years ago, could possibly end in tears.....
What’s that? AfD you say?
I work for a German company and speak to Germans every day, Brexit hardly ever comes up. The only person who has brought it up is Dutch.

Its also now a case of survival. The political aspects of the EU could be reversed. However, there is no legal way to reverse euro membership. And even if you could, the costs would be horrendous. Any exiting country would undergo severe economic turbulence and very high borrowing costs. Borrowing costs would also rocket for the weaker meaning members of the euro as speculators priced in their eventual exit.

The financial liabilities of Germany under Target2 are horrendous and would trash their economy for good measure.

The euro barely survived the last recession. It won't survive the next one in its present form. As such, the attempts to move towards a federal Europe should also be seen as self preservation. Unless they can shore up the euro prior to the next recession, the member states are going to be royally fornicated.

Wordsmith
Brexit bingo. One more and I can shout "House."

Although ancient history should not be ignored. The violent breakup of the Former Republic of Yugoslavia (which began in 1990) is a worst case example of what can happen if you lock people into a state or system which they do not approve.

I'm not saying a USE would go the same way, only that we should not ignore historical precedent. We should also not ignore the face that the 27 remaining states of the EU are equally as diverse as those of the former Yugoslavia - and may be as resistant to forming a 'super-state'.

Wordsmith
Are you predicting the break up of the UK?

That would be perfectly true were the EU openly stating their intention to move towards a federal Europe with powers devolved to Brussels. The problem comes because the progress to a USE is covert - and as such is meeting increased resistance from anti-EU parties.

If the idea's so popular, why don't the EU hold a referendum saying "do you approve of future moves to create a United States of Europe?". They won't because they know the response will be Foxtrot Oscar.

Marco has gone so far as to state the plebs don't understand what is good for them.

Macron slams rise of populism across EU - ‘Europe needs MORE integration, not less’

Wordsmith
Sure champ...The Express?

“When on the commercial and social areas, on borders… we have a Europe that knows how to respond to the needs of Europeans, populism decreases.”

So he's not looking for a USE then, apart from fantasy Brexit prediction the sky is falling land?

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....
You look and sound like someone who confuses repetitive rhetoric with discussion and something else which I can't repeat. You're right for once.

The EU crowd, as you call it, do not need to know - indeed they should be the last to know. Why do you think Barnier keeps asking for it? He wants us to show our hand FFS.

The EU want us to tell them what we want from them. How about the EU offering something for a change. You all seem to support this unilateral form of negotiating, just as long as the UK come off worse.

Their visceral hatred for this country seems to have no limits.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bacongrills The NAAFI Bar 254
Good CO Brexit 349
ACAB The NAAFI Bar 470