Brexit Phase Two - Trade

And very little recourse to law in the event of it being pants.
True. But actually what experience I do have with Chinese imports is that they are cheap enough to shrug off cost wise if they expire (although they don't) whereas the tosh that used to be made in the fatherland but is now made in China (and marketed by those same firms that used to actually make the things) expire about three seconds outside the warranty period.

Yes rights for a sizeable part of the NI population.

A say into NI to say how things in NI are run in order to protect those rights.

Currently BREXIT is being decided by a group to are opposed to the GFA. A group of bigots who only want to protect their part of the population. And who don’t represent the views of the majority of people in NI.

In fact, BREXIT has happened means that The DUP has actually proven how necessary it is. Over 55% of the NI population voted remain and no one is representing their democratic decision in Westminster.

Especially considering it was apparent that everyone in the U.K. forgot they have a land border with the EU
What % of the Hispanic population in the United States and does that give Mexico, or Spain a right to argue it has a say over that nation? same argument was used by the germans over the Sudetenland ? If the republic had access to 7th Panzer Division and the support of the USN in the early seventies, you lot would have been over the border, as quick as a visit to my bog after a greasy burger from a van outside of my local football team.

If the people of NI are so upset with the decision made by the British People, they are perfectly entitled to hold a referendum at any time.. If they choose to join the republic, I will respect that decision and we shall see how non-bigoted the republic really is, when it has a security problem in its midst and a betrayal myth to fuel an armed struggle in reverse.

What % of the Hispanic population in the United States and does that give Mexico, or Spain a right to argue it has a say over that nation? same argument was used by the germans over the Sudetenland ? If the republic had access to 7th Panzer Division and the support of the USN in the early seventies, you lot would have been over the border, as quick as a visit to my bog after a greasy burger from a van outside of my local football team.

If the people of NI are so upset with the decision made by the British People, they are perfectly entitled to hold a referendum at any time.. If they choose to join the republic, I will respect that decision and we shall see how non-bigoted the republic really is, when it has a security problem in its midst and a betrayal myth to fuel an armed struggle in reverse.
But NI is a much better place as a result

I’ll nail my colours to the cross

I don’t want a United ireland. You can keep tr bigot sectarians and we can’t afford it.

To correct you though, the people of NI can’t hold a referendum on joining in a 32 county Republic anytime they want:

(a) only the Secretary of State can order it
(b) only if ”it appear likely to him” that the majority will decide to vote to leave the U.K. and become part of a united Ireland
(c) a majority of the Irish electorate (eg the 26 counties) must also agree in a referendum

Definitely not

They are a crowd of self serving scum who alledged want to be in power but want everyone else to take responsibility.

You won’t see them “doning the green jersey” (ie doing something in the National (As in Irish) interest) - unless they, as in the party (not their electorate) benefit directly from it
Well, that's the House of Commons for you.

Funny how you ignored your own claim to him being a BNP/NF sock.

YFM
It’s an opinion. You are entitled to one should you so choose, or you could try changing mine with facts? Up to you.

If it's not in question, why did you make such a stupid & erroneous claim?
He is not & never has been far right you cretin.

Go find some other spurious crap to post.
Or you could try insults. Whatever works best for you.

This is a cracker

[QUOTEBritish Prime Minister Theresa May is considering solving a Brexit deadlock by amending a 1998 agreement that ended 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland after ditching attempts to negotiate a cross-party deal, the Daily Telegraph reported late on Sunday. ][/QUOTE]

UK's May considering amending Good Friday deal to break Brexit impasse: Daily Telegraph | Reuters

Is it within the UK Governments remit to amend the GFA ?

As the GFA is an International Treaty, there is not a snowballls chance in hell of it getting amended in 68 days.

It would be interesting to know if May really thinks this a possibility or she is merely time wasting to run down the clock.

]
It’s an opinion. You are entitled to one should you so choose, or you could try changing mine with facts? Up to you.
Now you've done it. You've knocked Oddbods hero

This is a cracker

British Prime Minister Theresa May is considering solving a Brexit deadlock by amending a 1998 agreement that ended 30 years of violence in Northern Ireland after ditching attempts to negotiate a cross-party deal, the Daily Telegraph reported late on Sunday.

UK's May considering amending Good Friday deal to break Brexit impasse: Daily Telegraph | Reuters

Is it within the UK Governments remit to amend the GFA ?

As the GFA is an International Treaty, there is not a snowballls chance in hell of it getting amended in 68 days.

It would be interesting to know if May really thinks this a possibility or she is merely time wasting to run down the clock.
No, it was a multilateral deal between the U.K., Ireland and most of the parties in NI

Depends what she wants to amend... but no matter what:

(a) It would mean of course there would need to be a referendum in NI on the revisions.

(b) if it had to involve Articles 2 & 3 of the Irish Constitution being amended again, then we would have to have a referendum

(c) it wouldn’t make a bit of difference to anything with regard to U.K./EU trade because that’s an EU competency

(d) needs multi-lateral agreement in NI

The only way it would make a difference is if it called for NI to stay in the Customs Union and possibly completely within the EU

Last edited:
No, it was a multilateral deal between the U.K., Ireland and most of the parties in NI

Depends what she wants to amend... but no matter what:

(a) It would mean of course there would need to be a referendum in NI on the revisions.

(b) if it had to involve Articles 2 & 3 of the Irish Constitution being amended again, then we would have to have a referendum

(c) it wouldn’t make a bit of difference to anything with regard to U.K./EU trade because that’s an EU competency

(d) needs multi-lateral agreement in NI

The only way it would make a difference is if it called for NI to stay in the Customs Union and possibly completely within the EU
Appears to be academic as it seems to have been killed off already

He said that reports over the weekend of the possibility of a bi-lateral agreement with the Irish Republic or a rewriting of the Good Friday Agreement had been "kiboshed" by both governments.
From the same BBC report. one for the remainers.

If Parliament doesn't approve a withdrawal agreement, the UK is due to leave the EU on 29 March without a deal or transition period.
Days to do are getting few.