Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It always amuses me how much effort so many British expats devote to rubbishing Britain from wherever they’ve washed up abroad.
It’s almost as if they have a need to convince themselves they made the right move.
Which part of the Republic do you hail from?

If the status quo is a known, can you spend some gtime telling me what it holds for the UK?

What about ever closer union, and the reduction of national parliaments to the equivalent of toon cooncils?
What about the call for centralised taxation, ie just hand over our money to Brussels
What about the formation of an EU army - majority of EU countries can't (or rather won't) even meet NATO commitments.
What about the constant reduction of National sovereignty - look at the way the Italian democratically elected government told to change their budget, which had been core for the election, but which they did - look at the French who were told to change their budget to fit in to EU guidelines and who basically told Brussels to foxtrot oscar! Some rules are for the plebs some for the elite?

So - what is the status quo and what is in line for the UK if we foolishly give in to the Borg and just hand over our Treasury for the EU to drain?

Now does anyone expect Baggie to actually come back with an answer to these points?
Hello, 2016 would like its arguments back.

WRONG... It doesn't matter if a people are exceptional or not, what matters is they believe it. That belief fuels social capital, that can see a nation grow together and develop the resilience to deal with problems and crises.

To believe the way you do is a trap; it strips away peoples hope and belief in change and turns them into an even more selfish person and that person can in the short term, be relied on to see the benefits of an empire (especially so, if they have the wealth and education to enjoy the benefits of belonging to an empire). But, come a problem or crisis large enough to trigger the selfish people who have zero social capital, then an inevitable scientific calc will see serious disorder.

Brexit is a chance for the UK to reset itself, before its too late. But, the establishment don't want to lose their imperial connections.
Cannot agree. A belief in exceptionalism that doesn’t exist will inevitably lead to disappointment. Then what happens to those whose beliefs turn to dust?

I’ll think it’s the older generation, and certain newspapers, that still maintain colonial delusions - not the establishment

I left in January 2009. I returned for family reasons in 2015 and spent 9 months in a miserable grey country populated mostly by grey anonymous people.
I seriously doubt that I would survive a UK winter. Just because I’m an expat and I chose to live in another country, does not make me any less of a British citizen. I still pay tax in UK but I do not avail myself of any UK facilities funded by those taxes.
Having spent 22+ years in service of the crown, I believe that gives me the right to choose where and how I live. It also does not preclude my commentary on this subject. I have no need to convince you or anyone else on any subject, least of all my home country. I reserve the right to speak my mind on this and any other subject, without you questioning my right to do so.
Exactly this, but far more eloquently written than I would have managed.

no confidence in Her Majesty’s government”.

I left in January 2009. I returned for family reasons in 2015 and spent 9 months in a miserable grey country populated mostly by grey anonymous people.
I seriously doubt that I would survive a UK winter. Just because I’m an expat and I chose to live in another country, does not make me any less of a British citizen. I still pay tax in UK but I do not avail myself of any UK facilities funded by those taxes.
Having spent 22+ years in service of the crown, I believe that gives me the right to choose where and how I live. It also does not preclude my commentary on this subject. I have no need to convince you or anyone else on any subject, least of all my home country. I reserve the right to speak my mind on this and any other subject, without you questioning my right to do so.

Any particular reason you’ve chosen to lump yourself in with the little cabal of relentlesly UK bashing expats?

fair enough. What is the other restaurant you can see from nandos? I'll confess I've never been in.

I'm not passing. I'm nearby and the group fancy chicken and chips.

I like the curry house in Brecon too.
There are quite a few and a few nice restaurants in the town. Cracking curry house just by the retail park called the red spice. Try it next time it might change your mind that it’s a shit hole.

They will change the wording with absolutely no change to the terms. The EU know they have the UK in a vice, and May has allowed that, Brussels has absolutely no reason to give us anything. May has proved to all and sundry that she is wiling to give in to any demand from Brussels.

Hard Brexit is the only course and the vote on Tuesday should go ahead but immediately after that then legislation should be started on hard Brexiting with absolutely no time spent on negotiation on the WA, which is worthless. This would be a good time for the Tory Grandees to tell May to go off on a permanent hull walk and get in someone competent to No10.
I’ve a feeling your right. Unless we have another GE.

Using upper case doesn't make your argument stronger. Were you having mong buttons cold turkey then? They're one of the reason I think you're a great Jessie BTW.

Exceptionalism isn't the same as self belief and it leads to "Ein Volk" attitudes, belief in the benefits of empire is invariably somewhat stronger in the countries doing the conquering.

In what way will we reset ourselves? In the way that the biggest proponents so Brexit want? Look at "The Plan" by Carswell and for a taster New Model Paty:

https://whatwouldvirchowdo.files.wo...mocracy___an_agenda_for_a_new_model_party.pdf
Byeee NHS, byee workers rights, byeee social safety net, byee disability assistance. Hello Victorian Britain.
As a supposed exForces person, I would assume you would understand the concept of morale... But, of course I forget your narcissistic nature, as morale to you is what you think and feel, I maintain you must have been a nightmare to share a barracks or duty with.

Cannot agree. A belief in exceptionalism that doesn’t exist will inevitably lead to disappointment. Then what happens to those whose beliefs turn to dust?

I’ll think it’s the older generation, and certain newspapers, that still maintain colonial delusions - not the establishment
I would suggest you look at places which tried to strip away faith in exceptionalism and what happens to them.. The German Empire was once separate states, which were proud of their uniqueness and were absorbed into a realm led by the militaristic Prussians OR the Invented countries of Africa of multiple tribes which means none of those states have any social capital.

The two examples are where a multi-state union becomes more of a danger and the other example is artificiality does not create loyalty.

Any particular reason you’ve chosen to lump yourself in with the little cabal of relentlesly UK bashing expats?
Lump? Cabal? UK bashing? You have a link to these scandalous misdemeanors of course. :)

As a supposed exForces person, I would assume you would understand the concept of morale... But, of course I forget your narcissistic nature, as morale to you is what you think and feel, I maintain you must have been a nightmare to share a barracks or duty with.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - you're a bit of a weakling. Self belief isn't the same as exceptionalism. Exceptionalism is for misleading the hard of thinking.

For a coder you're a bit short on logic. I do wish people would give their socks more original characters.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hello, 2016 would like its arguments back.
Perhaps you could explain just how things have changed between 2016 and now? You may have noticed that earlier I suggested that we do indeed need to return to the arguments of 2026 as they have been twisted by one of the smallest minorities in the country - MPs.

Get back on track and brexit.

Perhaps you could explain just how things have changed between 2016 and now? You may have noticed that earlier I suggested that we do indeed need to return to the arguments of 2026 as they have been twisted by one of the smallest minorities in the country - MPs.

Get back on track and brexit.
2026? Get back on track? You sure you know which account you're logged on with?