Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the Independent :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Folk are easily taken in, well, some folk anyway.
Can you tell us which UK ferry companies are in operation at the moment....go on, I'll wait.
Gatwick's going cheap as well...arse dropped out of the pound or summat....can't imagine why. Selling England by the pound....and some dullard will shout up about investment, as we sell off the country.

all well and good but screaming 'racist' isn't persuasion. Give and take? We've had 40 years of give by eurosceptics and take by euro philes. Turn the tables once, and they all go berzerk. Foot dragging and rethinks? We've had that in abundance.

And I voted leave because I believe in democracy. I wasn't seeing it.

if politics negotiated with popular opinion, perhaps, we'd still be in. It didn't. It ignored vast swathes of the country. the country was dictated to on how it would evolve. It was not persuaded nor in a give and take relationship. We certainly weren't consulted.

As for telling the electorate that they are wrong. Can you imagine the backlash should the wheels come off (let us count the ways) of the Euro tumbril carrying the EU27(+1) nations?

And that's the rub. Even the most europhile of RemaINed a knows the chances of major eu related heartache is high as it spasms into what it will become. The growing pains of the use, and only a fool doesn't see that destination, are constantly simmering. Ready to boil over. Few RemaINers will nail their colours to the eu mast of steal with a nail so small and a hammer so big.

History would not be kind to those who took us back into the constrictiv red coils of the eu, with assurances that the electorate was mistaken, only for the eu to surge to the left, the Euro collapse, the old bail out tin be passed around (again), more powers to Brussels, etc, etc.

the much vaunted veto is not what it once was either.

luckily we're leaving. And it is good to remind Westminster who works for who every now and then. Democracy will return.
Still trying too hard.

P&O, owned by Dubai World! FFS why are you looking for purely British companies? We are part of the global business world and leaving the EU will allow us to be more involved and more profitable within that business world.
Leaving the EU is letting us sell off the rest of the country cheaper. Win.

Weirdos you say? this lot are something which rhymes with bankers.
whatever you do DO NOT go to about 2:40.

That's the bit where the demonstrators immediately move out of the way, wave three vehicles that are blocking the ambulance out of the way, and the ambulance gets through. Obviously you'd have to watch the full video. I found it in about two searches, prompted by your man Richard and the fact that the video didn't actually show a blocked ambulance. It cut during the demonstrators movement. If the ambulance HAD been blocked, we'd have a video of the ambulance being blocked wouldn't we...

#fakenews

Hth.

you're working hard to make stuff up. Pass on my regards to Richard and tell him to be a little moor e thorough next time.

Last edited:
whatever you do DO NOT go to about 2:40.

That's the bit where the demonstrators immediately move out of the way, wave three vehicles that are blocking the ambulance out of the way, and the ambulance gets through. Obviously you'd have to watch the full video. I found it in about two searches, prompted by your man Richard and the fact that the video didn't actually show a blocked ambulance. It cut during the demonstrators movement. If the ambulance HAD been blocked, we'd have a video of the ambulance being blocked wouldn't we...

#fakenews

Hth.

you're working hard to make stuff up. Pass on my regards to Richard and tell him to be a little moor e thorough next time.
Took their own sweet time didn't they? they still rhyme with bankers. Nice to see you attempting to find out stuff though. Remember what you did the next time you want to ask me a bone Q.

Patriots my arse. Putin's Puppets a better name.

Waste of time !

No Deal..........No cross Channel Traffic, or so I keep getting informed by those cleverer than I ! :wink:

That will be French and Danish ferry companies taking a massive hit when all the ferries grind to a halt at the channel ports
Again , I say regardless how any country feels about Brexit they are not going to allow anything to stop the money flowing in... No French sailings , no income for the French ferry lines therefore no tax for the French government to spend on Strasbourg.... oh wait, ... it's us (all the EU, we've not left yet have we) who are spending all that money having two parliaments in two separate cities in two separate countries

D

Deleted 158059

A nice doc about the lovely aircraft I saw recently..

Sadly, the UK civil aerospace industry is likely to be knocked down a peg by brexit.

French, Germans and now even the Canadians are in with a shout for the development of the next generation of wings

If airboxing = talking bollox, then carry on.

If only they had better funding for training, then the EU would've allowed the UK government to bail out Tata.
Making stuff up, he jabs and hits the air, mashing buttons along the way. That's you that is.

Training is only part of the investment cycle, get back to me when you can tell me what I originally said.

Leaving the EU is letting us sell off the rest of the country cheaper. Win.
As far as I can recall we'd already sold off most of the UK industry to France and Germany (and India and most of the Gulf states) long before Brexit even existed

As far as I can recall we'd already sold off most of the UK industry to France and Germany (and India and most of the Gulf states) long before Brexit even existed
Unfortunately you’ve a very valid point, the U.K. has continued to sell assets to appease its shareholders, football clubs are just one prime example as very few are U.K. owned outright.

Any excuse to blame Brexit is faux folly & continues to be the current trend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads