Brexit Phase Two - Trade

It does raise an interesting point, however. As united as we are in vilifying PMTM for her hubris, it's not been only her. Indeed, IIRC, when she first took over, she gave all the Brexit-relevant jobs to leavers, including Davis and BoJo. So some of the current 'bordelle' must also be laid at their doors.
I'm sure many a Wehrmacht general in 44-45, felt rather the same when they wished to act and came up against a Hitler befehl...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Not at all, I'm a realist. I enjoy pointing out to those who voted to leave the only thing that is going to happen is a hard Brexit and with that will come a lot of pain. It seems it's the Brexiters who have become the bitter and twisted folk on this thread, those of us who voted remain saw this coming a thousand miles away, I have told you many a time putting your faith in those maggots of politicians in Westminster will only end in tears.

I am no longer bitter just sarcastic. Brexit is an absolute pile of horse shit.
You seem to be under the impression that the EU wanted us to have a smooth exit and will be soooooo sorry if we go for hard brexit! Now EU companies may dread a hard brexit as that will cost them badly, but the Commission, who don't have to face either business nor electorate just love the idea.

Hard is what the EU have planned for all along and May has handed it to them!

You seem to be under the impression that the EU wanted us to have a smooth exit and will be soooooo sorry if we go for hard brexit! Now EU companies may dread a hard brexit as that will cost them badly, but the Commission, who don't have to face either business nor electorate just love the idea.
A large number of major companies in the UK are "EU companies"
An even larger number of UK companies are inthe supply chain for those EU companies/

A hard Brexit will stuff more of the UK economy than the EU one in the short term. In the longer term the EU will recover it's company offices in the UK... It wil save Airbus having to transport wings over the channel.

The problem is a lot of UK companies who are inthe supply chain will get left behind with no customers. IT may be in 6 months -2 years it get sorted out and they find new customers but very few SME's can run for 6 months if they loose their main customer(s)

That'll save me not bothering to watch it then. :mrgreen:

Me too. I've been around for a long time and I honestly can't remember a time when both the Prime Minister and The Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition were both such complete fuckwits.

I get the feeling that "the other speaker was making unreasonable demands and not co-operating" The "other speaker" will vary on where you stand Labour/tory and or remain/leave, sane/insane :)

AFAIK the BBC pulled out because they could not get both sides to agree to any format that was possible. A bit like Brexit itself in many ways.

So when the ITV in their bid to be the Channel of the People got to actually have a go when the BBC retreated from the field also discovered the reality they to bailed.

OTOH It could be a devilish plot by "the other speaker" (or indeed both) to publically be very enthusiastic in giving the public the debate that they want but ensure it did not actually happen due to "the other speaker"

Does anyone thing that the 12th will go any better?

A large number of major companies in the UK are "EU companies"
An even larger number of UK companies are inthe supply chain for those EU companies/

A hard Brexit will stuff more of the UK economy than the EU one in the short term. In the longer term the EU will recover it's company offices in the UK... It wil save Airbus having to transport wings over the channel.

The problem is a lot of UK companies who are inthe supply chain will get left behind with no customers. IT may be in 6 months -2 years it get sorted out and they find new customers but very few SME's can run for 6 months if they loose their main customer(s)
Do you seriously imagine business will just stop overnight? If you do you must be either absolutely stupid or clueless.

Company Boards have statutory obligations to protect investors, shareholder and employees.

You can look in every annual report of every publicly listed company and you will find a statement on BREXIT contingency plans.

You need to stop believing the BBC and get in the real world

Do you seriously imagine business will just stop overnight? If you do you must be either absolutely stupid or clueless.

Company Boards have statutory obligations to protect investors, shareholder and employees.

You can look in every annual report of every publicly listed company and you will find a statement on BREXIT contingency plans.

I have seen it happen several times where a main customer stops with no notice and a company loses a large part of it's turnover eg 30-60% many SME's can't survive this.

In the situation with Brexit many interlinked things are likely to go at once. this would take down many more companies that could survive the lost of one customer

Oh yes ... I notices your mistake.... you said "publicly listed company" it is the SME's that will suffer when the PCL's save the shafeholders by Brexiting to the EU. What I was talking about was the supply chain lots of small companies the LTD Co. not PLC's that can't just move to Europe when the likes if Airbus, Tata, Nissan, Toyota jump ship

Tell me, how does that assertion hold water light of an £80Bn/year trade deficit?

I'm genuinely interested.
I suspect in the same world where us enforcing rigourous protectionist measures on goods we don't produce is a spanking idea because we have the economic might of Romania behind us to enforce these pointless self defeating measures.

I have seen it happen several times where a main customer stops with no notice and a company loses a large part of it's turnover eg 30-60% many SME's can't survive this.

In the situation with Brexit many interlinked things are likely to go at once. this would take down many more companies that could survive the lost of one customer

Oh yes ... I notices your mistake.... you said "publicly listed company" it is the SME's that will suffer when the PCL's save the shafeholders by Brexiting to the EU. What I was talking about was the supply chain lots of small companies the LTD Co. not PLC's that can't just move to Europe when the likes if Airbus, Tata, Nissan, Toyota jump ship
You make oi laarf!

FWIW it’s becoming increasing apparent the Business resilient plans continue to be an afterthought with ‘some’ but not all SME’s

The CBI & a few of the European twitter feed’s are making interesting reading. CBI Caroline Fairbairn is focused (unsurprisingly) in self interesting and quite a few are not happy despite her Pro EU poodle style and attitude.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's already been pointed out the EU won't be interested.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I think it's a 'done deal', and all of what we are witnessing is premeditated "theatre" - to give the illusion of democracy having been seen through and the result being an unintended consequence.
Wouldn't even surprise me if JRM and Boris are in on it - they've both managed to put on a good show but pull out before the vinegar strokes.

I think it's a 'done deal', and all of what we are witnessing is premeditated "theatre" - to give the illusion of democracy having been seen through and the result being an unintended consequence.
Wouldn't even surprise me if JRM and Boris are in on it - they've both managed to put on a good show but pull out before the vinegar strokes.

More like those two went off at half cock, in my opinion.