Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It does raise an interesting point, however. As united as we are in vilifying PMTM for her hubris, it's not been only her. Indeed, IIRC, when she first took over, she gave all the Brexit-relevant jobs to leavers, including Davis and BoJo. So some of the current 'bordelle' must also be laid at their doors.
Gave them jobs, but made damn sure they were kept away from the actual negotiations. Both ex Brexit Secretaries left because they were excluded. No, this fück up is 100% May/Robbins.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm rather surprised that the concerns over 'democracy' being under threat have only just started to be voiced in numbers.

Democracy never really existed in the first place, and was only ever illusory, but the bluff has been called and the game is up.

People have said that the UK will become a vassal state, but that's long been the case.
The whole shebang has been a cosy little set up, with the EU doing all the top managerial stuff, rubber stamped by Westminster acting in the role of 'regional' Honchos, whilst delegating all the gritty detail to the county and district councils.
The establishment is happy with this, and would've carried on normal jogging, if it wasn't for those pesky voters.
It's one of the reasons they all voted to remain.

The proles are given a vote to maintain the illusion and make them feel empowered and engaged.
The electorate lends a degree of approval, and at the same time can normally be ignored, as the 'manifesto' is invariably worded as to render it as slippery as greased weasel sh1t.

The elementary mistake HMG made was to use the EU as a scapegoat for its own poor judgements.
Demonise the EU, then offer the electorate the chance to leave them.

Hey presto, we're here!

The referendum and subsequent gangfcuk has been an obvious attempt to get them back to where they always wanted to be - having their arses wiped by Brussels.

The conditions for extreme politics are being created before our very eyes.

That there are no candidates at the moment to take advantage of the situation shouldn't allow us to rest easy.

Calling such a character a 'demagogue' or vilifying their support as 'racist', 'thick' or 'gammon' is a guaranteed winning strategy to defeat them.

Probably.
Yeah, but no, but yeah!

Both Brexit secretaries Davis & Rabb (leavers) resigned as it was clear ‘they’ had no influence or authority towards the WA so unsure how they can take the blame.

Barnier et al is the main author behind the WA, with Robins & May in consultation completing the trio, who overall are responsible for the current situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Raab yes. I think he was in too late to have made any difference. Davis was in there at the beginning though. He did resign, but not for a while. I doubt he's blameless, in terms of not putting us immediately on the track to the sunlit uplands...

This is excellent!
While Brexit is still on balance likely, we’re still at risk of accidentally remaining in the EU because of our shambolic handling of the whole thing. And if that does happen, the whole political class will be held accountable. That means the Tories, for taking so long to proceed with a coherent position; the ERG, for having the word “research” in their name but not being able to ascertain how many of them were just giving it the big’un after a glass of port; the Labour frontbench, for trying to survive a coach crash rather than have any CCTV footage of their hand on the wheel; the Lib Dems, for their immediate and stroppy refusal to accept the outcome; the SNP, ever since Brexit laid bare the paradox at the heart of their movement (they want to stay in single markets…so long as you need a ferry to get there); and the EU, for not realising there might’ve been a clear British majority for Remain by now if we hadn’t had to watch so many silver-haired blokes smirking their way through briefings.

Opinion: I believe in Brexit – but I don't think it's going to happen

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
This is excellent!
While Brexit is still on balance likely, we’re still at risk of accidentally remaining in the EU because of our shambolic handling of the whole thing. And if that does happen, the whole political class will be held accountable. That means the Tories, for taking so long to proceed with a coherent position; the ERG, for having the word “research” in their name but not being able to ascertain how many of them were just giving it the big’un after a glass of port; the Labour frontbench, for trying to survive a coach crash rather than have any CCTV footage of their hand on the wheel; the Lib Dems, for their immediate and stroppy refusal to accept the outcome; the SNP, ever since Brexit laid bare the paradox at the heart of their movement (they want to stay in single markets…so long as you need a ferry to get there); and the EU, for not realising there might’ve been a clear British majority for Remain by now if we hadn’t had to watch so many silver-haired blokes smirking their way through briefings.

Opinion: I believe in Brexit – but I don't think it's going to happen
Defeatist! :p

This is the sort of article that will either be used in a couple of years time to say
a. I told you so and I am right
or
b. Totally ignored while the writer puts forward a completely opposite view in such a way that it seems he has always felt that way, and he is right!

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Good to see the recently unsuspended Paisley Jr. Being so reasonable about his paymaster PM. 'Nothing concentrates the mind like a hanging' charmless as always. Whatever the DUP get out of this Westminster business, once it's over (if it ever is) they'll be as welcome as a floating poo in a punch bowl.

I note you're another example of the narrow-minded remainer who confuses the EU leadership with the people & nations of Europe.
Best get home & recharge your thinking brain dog. :razz:
I'm a very open-minded eurosceptic.

I note you are a disappointed kipper.

You're too kind. Tell us what you really think about him.
You mean the bit about him being an odious little creep with the moral compass of a sexually aroused, one eyed alley cat & an uncanny resemblance to Heinrich Himmler, physically & politically?

You're too kind. Tell us what you really think about him.
I've said it before, but he gives the impression of being the type of chap who will enter a revolving door after you but somehow manage to leave in front of you!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You sound like a bitter little man!
Not at all, I'm a realist. I enjoy pointing out to those who voted to leave the only thing that is going to happen is a hard Brexit and with that will come a lot of pain. It seems it's the Brexiters who have become the bitter and twisted folk on this thread, those of us who voted remain saw this coming a thousand miles away, I have told you many a time putting your faith in those maggots of politicians in Westminster will only end in tears.

I am no longer bitter just sarcastic. Brexit is an absolute pile of horse shit.