Brexit Phase Two - Trade

ETA : To blame the shambles purely on May (and / or the Tories) is to pardon the actions of the Remain lobby - (elected and otherwise) some of which are best described as collusion with an entity in direct conflict with the interests of the UK. These people are at least as culpable in the current mess - but that's what they wanted to achieve.

Needs quoting in perpatuity

But the Grieve Amendment has not repealed the Withdrawal Bill and the clock keeps counting down...
Correct. But it now instructs HMG on negotiation with the EU. Which is hardly likely to result in a "better" deal, rather, a further watering down, to a point where the remain majority can vote through a "deal" which looks even less like Leave. Remember, there is a parliamentary majority for remain / soft brexit/Brino (take your pick).

Well, coverage has started on the Beeb. I need to grab some sleep before my night shift but the train crash about to happen isn't allowing it.

Sovereignty or prosperity. Depends on the relative values people put on each. I don’t believe a majority voted to be poorer though.
Sadly I've heard two particularly crazy bints on LBC recently.

One would rather be dead than in the euro. Christ knows why she voted brexit to avoid the euro.

The other was glad hard brexit would destroy her business because her grandkids would reap the benefits. Although she couldn't define what benefits, or when they'd come through

Well, coverage has started on the Beeb. I need to grab some sleep before my night shift but the train crash about to happen isn't allowing it.
Are you now a brexiteer?

I've hinted enough times mate.

my ou degree was in lieu of a levels. I have a degree from a founding member of the Russel group, and one of the top 100 universities in the world. The army paid. Ended up with BEng, MEng, CEng and a few other funny abbreviations.
How did you come to attain both BEng and MEng?

Normally an undergraduate takes one or the other.

MEng equates to a forth year of study and a much larger personal project.

If you are telling the truth, then it seems like we actually have something in common, CEng

Did you attain BEng and MEng in separate studies?

Correct. But it now instructs HMG on negotiation with the EU. Which is hardly likely to result in a "better" deal, rather, a further watering down, to a point where the remain majority can vote through a "deal" which looks even less like Leave. Remember, there is a parliamentary majority for remain / soft brexit/Brino (take your pick).
They still have to agree on a CoA. In the absence of an agreement which commands a majority in the HoC, we leave on 29/03/2019 at 2300 hrs.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
PMTM on now

Fireworks or Fizz?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Fizz!

It is starting to sound like May saying it is not her fault the vote is pulled!

Fizz!

It is starting to sound like May saying it is not her fault the vote is pulled!
I’m glad I’m not listening as she makes my skin crawl. She’s more odious than Blair and that’s saying something

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
FFS she has just said that the UK has to get shafted to get an agreement. Time she went!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
verticalgyro Finance, Property, Law 37
S11Blade Brexit 41
Skylog The Intelligence Cell 8