Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
On reflection, I can only assume that these people are complete lost causes in regard to believing in national sovereignty and the ability of UK businesses and people to not only cope but thrive in any circumstances. They have completely subjected their loyalty to the EU and literally cannot imagine any other form of governance! They are also ignoring the ever increasing political and financial crises that are creating so much angst the EU with the 27, wrongly assuming that its something that will fizzle away if they ignore it enough.
I think also that the 'establishment' can't conceive that there are bigger and better trading opportunities out there in the rest of the world (85% of total trade) than in the EU (<15% of world trade). The EU has become their comfort blanket - and frankly I think they're scared of being responsible for the change in UK strategy that will required to turn our trading focus aware from an increasingly moribund Europe.

Wordsmith

Did you also notice that Germany trades with China under WTO rules?

What does that say about your precious single-market?
It says that being in the EU doesn't stop you trading....but when you do a trade deal you have a lot more power, not that any deal is going to be rushed, on either side.

#EUTrade news

You've answered your own question.......perhaps by replicating Germany and achieveing success under WTO rules?
To replicate Germany we'd have to do it within the single market.
Austrlia, Canada, NZ etc. do have strong and enduring links to the UK, and have each expressed a desire to quickly agree trade deals.
Have they also expressed a desire to take advantage of our weakness and desperation for a deal? I know Oz has.

“Australia is in a position of strategic advantage, given that it has two years to prepare for these Australia-UK negotiations, and that it is not in a position of dependence on the UK as a result of its other trade partnerships, particularly in Asia”

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Committees/Joint/Foreign_Affairs_Defence_and_Trade/tradewithUK/Interim_Report/section?id=committees/reportjnt/024101/25068
No, you've seen PMTM capitulate. They are not one and the same.
You've all been outplayed haven't you? (Note, that's aimed at those hoping to make money out of the distress a "No Deal" would bring.)
Why do you post such drivel? Are you stupid or do you have an agenda? I strongly suspect the former.
Someone is a bit tetchy...<snigger> I strongly suspect that someone does have an agenda that doesn't necessarily involve what's best for the UK. That someone is you.

Yet still she stays, with not one brexiter having the balls to step up.
Do you not feel one scintilla of embarrassment?
They will come forward on a white charger waving the "hard Brexit" banner. They live in the Westminster bubble and don't have a clue what is going on in the real world, but it will be a pathetic effort.

The only thing people hate more than Brexit is the politicians running it (or perhaps those bloody grown adult who are doing that frigging elf on a shelf nonsense).

The way I see it there is no other deal that the EC will accept that is that benefits the UK, they have drawn a line. Most people have resigned themselves to the fact they want back in or out at any cost.

The Westminster elite will not be able to get any kind of plan and will soon hit the immovable object of article 50. If that is delayed because of no other reason that they were unable to get there shit in a sock then I predict a riot.

Peoples vote or hard Brexit? The feeling I am getting from everyone I know is even if its a peoples vote then they will vote to leave. Hard Brexit it is.

For those who voted to leave just remember "this is what you voted for dry your eyes mate".

Again I bow in homage to your omnipotence, which allows you to understand the though processes of the entire UK - not to mention the voting demographic*.

Me, I wet my finger, stick it in the air and make an educated guess. Obviously a far less precise method than yours.

Wordsmith

* I voted leave, have a degree and work in a technical job in computer security, Please feel free to explain which category of the " less educated, less skilled , and retired" I fit into...
Your technical job is proof reading or similar, you don't actually understand what you read though, as your claims about the FT web page amply demonstrated.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
You asked me a question and I gave you my own opinion... Your response is to imply that the whole thing was a medicine show that I bimbled past and was sold some brexit shiny drink and went all wide eyed and am lost in a haze of unicorns, I find that a tad insulting. I suppose at the next stand down, you were sold the real deal which fills you with love and joy...

Of course your elixir is laced with laudinum. Has it ever occurred to you, if its almost impossible to get out now, how hard will it be in the future when you suddenly decide its not for you ?
Leave ‘very likely’ won Brexit referendum due to illegal overspending, Oxford professor to tell High Court

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
They will come forward on a white charger waving the "hard Brexit" banner. They live in the Westminster bubble and don't have a clue what is going on in the real world, but it will be a pathetic effort.

The only thing people hate more than Brexit is the politicians running it (or perhaps those bloody grown adult who are doing that frigging elf on a shelf nonsense).

The way I see it there is no other deal that the EC will accept that is that benefits the UK, they have drawn a line. Most people have resigned themselves to the fact they want back in or out at any cost.

The Westminster elite will not be able to get any kind of plan and will soon hit the immovable object of article 50. If that is delayed because of no other reason that they were unable to get there shit in a sock then I predict a riot.

Peoples vote or hard Brexit? The feeling I am getting from everyone I know is even if its a peoples vote then they will vote to leave. Hard Brexit it is.

For those who voted to leave just remember "this is what you voted for dry your eyes mate".
You sound like a bitter little man!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22