Brexit Phase Two - Trade

True dat:

Redeploy those in public sector non jobs
Do you honestly think they will clean a shit house for minimum wage? The key to success is simple, create jobs with a basic wage that makes people feel they are worth something, look after the old, have a decent well run NHS, Police and Fire Service. At the moment none of those are in place.

We could start with the 4% that are currently unemployed.
96% employment rate is probably a bit beyond "full employment", insofar as it's sub-optimal to have insufficient labour supply in the market, all it does is drives wage inflation above background inflation........which has a feed-back into general inflation. 4% unemployment is about as low as you'd want to go.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I would only add we need an "educated" immigration policy. Lack of low skilled jobs in the poor parts of the country is at a high due to lack of forward thinking on the manufacturing front. The problem seems education standards at the moment is pretty poor, massive reliance on IT and not basic grammar and maths ability.

I await with bated breath for the peanut that is going to tell me that the Brexit magic wand is going to fix all of our problems by the end of the year.

End of March. Honestly you’ll not recognise the place.
Won’t we all feel stupid then.
Brexit, how could we have doubted it.

Could you imagine the look on Davis’s face when he starts getting emails going ‘David Davis. British Bulldog. Great Negotiator. We believe in you.Take the reins and take us out of the Eu in a No Deal’
Let’s go, you and Rees Mogg. Out before Christmas.

He ‘d be bricking it.

Do you honestly think they will clean a shit house for minimum wage? The key to success is simple, create jobs with a basic wage that makes people feel they are worth something, look after the old, have a decent well run NHS, Police and Fire Service. At the moment none of those are in place.

Can we start with eliminating the vast waste and inefficiency in the NHS, Police and Fire service?

I think you are entirely correct here (albeit I am not sure about the possibilities for sensible conversation, given the surfeit of lunatics on this thread - on both sides ^^).

Believe it or not, I share your scepticism although let’s be clear, this is a Withdrawal Agreement, not a deal.

As we have previously spoken about, a trade deal will only come once we have formally left the EU and given PMTMs duplicity to date, I suspect the actual trade deal will be equally awful.
Agreed on all counts, especially the difference between the withdrawal bit and any subsequent deal. I am both astonished and disappointed that even clever folks as well as those in positions of authority (not necessarily the same thing) miss the distinction.

I have tried to work out whether TM has presided over cock up or conspiracy. I now tend strongly towards the latter, as you say, duplicitous. I was wondering how much of an influence Mr May was. Wiki may have it summed up, calling him her "most trusted adviser"

I would only add we need an "educated" immigration policy. Lack of low skilled jobs in the poor parts of the country is at a high due to lack of forward thinking on the manufacturing front. The problem seems education standards at the moment is pretty poor, massive reliance on IT and not basic grammar and maths ability.

I await with bated breath for the peanut that is going to tell me that the Brexit magic wand is going to fix all of our problems by the end of the year.
with only 40 odd days to go, it's unlikely that you'll be able to learn English and maths to entry level.

Sorry 'bout dat.

They will if they want to eat.

End of March. Honestly you’ll not recognise the place.
Won’t we all feel stupid then.
Brexit, how could we have doubted it.

Could you imagine the look on Davis’s face when he starts getting emails going ‘David Davis. British Bulldog. Great Negotiator. We believe in you.Take the reins and take us out of the Eu in a No Deal’
Let’s go, you and Rees Mogg. Out before Christmas.

He ‘d be bricking it.
Brexit won’t affect them. Life will continue in the Westminster bubble. They will all blame each other while the country goes to rat shit. They are most worried about losing power.

with only 40 odd days to go, it's unlikely that you'll be able to learn English and maths to entry level.

Sorry 'bout dat.
I could spend the rest of my life using your crayons and still be more successful and earn more money than you old chap. You are a typical Brexiter who thinks the world owes you “something” that’s why you constantly talk in the first person about you. Guess what minimal chap..

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I could spend the rest of my life using your crayons and still be more successful and earn more money than you old chap. You are a typical Brexiter who thinks the world owes you “something” that’s why you constantly talk in the first person about you. Guess what minimal chap..
Knob!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22