Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Well, colour me surprised! If she had listened to what she was being told in the first place, she wouldn't be in the mess that she is now.
@History_Man

I fully & wholeheartedly concur.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Laconic comes from the Spartans who lived in Lacedaemon in ancient Greece. They were renowned for being sparing with words.

The Athenians once sent them an ultimatum on the lines of "If you do not agree to our demands we will declare war. If we declare war we will defeat you. And if we defeat you we will raze your city and sell your wives and children into slavery".

The Spartan reply was short and classic: 'If'.

Wordsmith
Cheers Mary Beard

Laconic comes from the Spartans who lived in Lacedaemon in ancient Greece. They were renowned for being sparing with words.

The Athenians once sent them an ultimatum on the lines of "If you do not agree to our demands we will declare war. If we declare war we will defeat you. And if we defeat you we will raze your city and sell your wives and children into slavery".

The Spartan reply was short and classic: 'If'.

Wordsmith
Baglock would probably like them, they tick all her fascist loving boxes...
1. Tight thighs. 2. Snazzy uniform, 3. Witty, 4. Fully LGBT and 5. Resistant to change and wishing to preserve the status quo and 6. Believers in autocracy and hater of democracy.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Baglock would probably like them, they tick all her fascist loving boxes...
1. Tight thighs. 2. Snazzy uniform, 3. Witty, 4. Fully LGBT and 5. Resistant to change and wishing to preserve the status quo and 6. Believers in autocracy and hater of democracy.
I like the Spartans. Unique among the Greeks, Spartan women competed at the Olympics....

....Naked.

Possibly a tradition that should be revived for the modern games.

Wordsmith :twisted:

If there is any truth in this then the tory party is dead at the next election.

I like the Spartans. Unique among the Greeks, Spartan women competed at the Olympics....

....Naked.

Possibly a tradition that should be revived for the modern games.

Wordsmith :twisted:
The spartans I do not like, but no denying they were absolutely nails. Xenophon was very fond and he was as good as you get back then. The women were considered by all the ancient world as the most beautiful and alicibides proved, a man with democratic principles can run amok in a closed world which worships masculinity.

You voted remain for this:
You should be made to leave the UK and go and live with it.
HTH

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 385
S11Blade Brexit 476
B Medals 22