Brexit Phase Two - Trade

This %age drop in GDP is also predicted by the IMF, in the event of a hard Brexit. It is madness to even consider this as an option. This would trigger an immediate deep recession in the UK, and who knows what the global contagion would be. The Tories would be out of Office and Labour would make the situation worse. With interest rates at rock bottom, whatever govt is in power would have to open the floodgates on spending. The fiscal deficit, would probably exceed it's previous high, undoing the period of austerity. This is about the only situation in which the SNP would win an independence referendum and join the Euro. Anyone who thinks that the UK could negotiate FTAs, from a position of strength, in this scenario, is not facing reality.

The WA is politically unacceptable, but would be less economically damaging than a hard Brexit.
That’s a valid and your synopsis is sound. However I just can’t see it any other way?

we’d like the U.K. to not leave, your leaving

We’d like the U.K. to stay in the Customs Union, the draft WA would appear to compensate your leaving the CU

We’d like the U.K. to honour the GFA, debatable if the U.K. is

Top tip for your EUropoodle Leo

Any economic damage Britain suffers from Brexit will result in twice the economic pain in a Ireland.

Enjoy your apparent victory, you’ll all be crying soon enough if your dreams if sticking it to da English come true,

This %age drop in GDP is also predicted by the IMF, in the event of a hard Brexit. It is madness to even consider this as an option. This would trigger an immediate deep recession in the UK, and who knows what the global contagion would be. The Tories would be out of Office and Labour would make the situation worse. With interest rates at rock bottom, whatever govt is in power would have to open the floodgates on spending. The fiscal deficit, would probably exceed it's previous high, undoing the period of austerity. This is about the only situation in which the SNP would win an independence referendum and join the Euro. Anyone who thinks that the UK could negotiate FTAs, from a position of strength, in this scenario, is not facing reality.

The WA is politically unacceptable, but would be less economically damaging than a hard Brexit.

Bring it on, I don’t care if we trigger a global financial meltdown.
It will be worth it to watch the ‘young’ of Remain living through it.

Bring it on, I don’t care if we trigger a global financial meltdown.
It will be worth it to watch the ‘young’ of Remain living through it.
Is that seriously your point of view or are you taking the piss?

If you're serious then you need some help for your inferiority complex.

Top tip for your EUropoodle Leo

Any economic damage Britain suffers from Brexit will result in twice the economic pain in a Ireland.

Enjoy your apparent victory, you’ll all be crying soon enough if your dreams if sticking it to da English come true,
Absolutely

Which is why we are trying to avoid any economic pain for the U.K... one of our biggest customers

There are no winners in Brexit!!
It isn’t about “sticking it to the English”

Everyone in Ireland knows that

Once again the obvious is being ignored....

No deal = Sh_t happens
Bad deal = Sh_t happens
Any deal = Sh_t happens
Remain = Everything is fine

What's the problem? Mongs crying...excellent.

I wouldn't go that far, to be honest. The protest vote for very legitimate reasons went a tad too far, won, and didn't just blow the doors off, it actually began to demolish the temple.

Hence the rather unprepared attempts to limit the damage.
I thought it was all xenophobic nationalism and immigration. Anthony Blair used terms like that (legitimate concerns i think) eventually.

let's be honest, let's say brexit is overturned and the resulting dramas are over.

Is that when leavers will be thrown under the nearest bus, labelled racist and bigoted, stagnant wages celebrated, We meekly join whatever half baked scheme the eu dreams up, and democracy dies with a whimper across Europe.

but as long as you can feel less awkward around European folk when dining.

Says the guy who is proclaiming himself 'father of the house(of commons)'.
You do have a lot of form for believing these spoofs, don't you?
Oh, and he doesn't "proclaim" himself father of the house, the title goes to the longest, continuous serving MP and has been in use since the middle of the 17th century.

Absolutely

Which is why we are trying to avoid any economic pain for the U.K... one of our biggest customers

There are no winners in Brexit!!
It isn’t about “sticking it to the English”

Everyone in Ireland knows that
Are you sure Leo knows that?

Good luck with the eu's plans for CCCTB.

a Common, Europe wide tax rules to 'harmonise' the Euro tax systems.

That red herring was finally ditched when the south pulled articles 2&3 dropping any claim to the north. Sensible humans breathe a sigh of relief.The Shinners Fox was shot when that one turned up.

The irish time in the sun will continue, how a third country UK will prosper remains to be seen.

The speed of our progress out of the Eu should be giving you a clue. It’s not the Prime Minister being inept. It probably isn’t the general uselessness of our negotiating or Brexiter commanders.

Its possibly more to do with that it’s a senseless thing to do and having looked at what’s expected of them the brexit ringleaders, realising the difficulty of their position have decided to run away and wait for rescue.
So I don't keep hearing people talking about the Island of Ireland, must have misheard that in the past 20+ years since your blessed constitutional changes. On your time in the sun, the euro crisis is upon us and macron is pushing now for a shared eurozone budget and fiscal controls, which will torpedo your laissez faire dublin centric government attitude.

Hardly senseless given recent events as a demonstration if history doesn't show enough times.. You have no friends, only interests.

May will not lead the Tories at the next GE - take it to the bank! even the extreme remainers know she's absolutely incompetent and a liability - the only reason she is in charge now is Corbyn being equally incompetent and doubly as dangerous - the next govt will be put into power with the smallest vote count ever ,as millions dont bother to vote or switch to the monster raving loony party etc - the future of British politics is going to be determined by the future rise of more extreme and focused parties who are angry
Normally agree with pretty much everything you say, but don't agree at all about the GE... If May has shown one thing its a completely stubborn and relentless approach to ignoring anything but her own and close council.

I think beating corbyn is easier, whatever the polls say after labour votes down her deal, than the last election where everything was still hypothetical and the bulk of remainers were still in denial.

Once again the obvious is being ignored....

No deal = Sh_t happens
Bad deal = Sh_t happens
Any deal = Sh_t happens
Remain = Everything is fine

What's the problem? Mongs crying...excellent.
You're crying because you haven't embraced the reality yet.

remain won't be happening.... Which I would also put in to the 'any deal' bracket (but if a catch all thete). You'd have realised that if you weren't a mong.

You do have a lot of form for believing these spoofs, don't you?
Oh, and he doesn't "proclaim" himself father of the house, the title goes to the longest, continuous serving MP and has been in use since the middle of the 17th century.
Leavers do seem to take anything they read on the internet at face value! One of the main reasons we're in this position now!

I hear that Putin approves!

May will not lead the Tories at the next GE - take it to the bank! even the extreme remainers know she's absolutely incompetent and a liability - the only reason she is in charge now is Corbyn being equally incompetent and doubly as dangerous - the next govt will be put into power with the smallest vote count ever ,as millions dont bother to vote or switch to the monster raving loony party etc - the future of British politics is going to be determined by the future rise of more extreme and focused parties who are angry
and still politicos , across the world, are scratching there heads and wondering how to get back to normal jogging.,

it would not surprise me to see UKIP make massive gains at the expense of Tory and Labour seats. I'm hoping the traditional parties can get a grip and stop taking their constituents as fools. Preferably before a new left wing UKIP style party forms up to usurp 'new labour'.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 242
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22