Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Hard deal is like cutting both your legs off

PMTMs deal is like cutting off one leg and celebrating it as a win

Well, there you go. Can't say I disagree.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
No it's not. There's logical and rational arguments for leaving the EU.
Of course there are.

It’s just that despite the best efforts and the brexiters having a free hand, full Conservative, Democratic Unionist and some Labour support. Not to mention 40years sniping from the eurosceptics and 20odd years of UKIP.

The logical and rational arguments for leaving the Eu still haven’t filtered down to the rest of us.

Of course there are.

It’s just that despite the best efforts and the brexiters having a free hand, full Conservative, Democratic Unionist and some Labour support. Not to mention 40years sniping from the eurosceptics and 20odd years of UKIP.

The logical and rational arguments for leaving the Eu still haven’t filtered down to the rest of us.
Andrew Marr was on the tv today saying there are reasonable and logical reasons for both leaving and remaining.

Your welcome to your views though.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
W
Andrew Marr was on the tv today saying there are reasonable and logical reasons for both leaving and remaining.

Your welcome to your views though.
Good of you. I noticed Andrew being awfully civil to Aaron Banks, yet really quite rude to the Chakrabarti (sp) woman. I've sort of gone off Marr, I'm not expecting special treatment and as far as I'm concerned Chakrabarti has let the side down falling in with the likes of Corbyn. But if that's what he thinks, he to is welcome to his views.

Agreed. Also, what do you make of the great debate about trade between Gibraltar and Spain? Well, 'what debate' exactly?' is right. It's a non issue and the Irish border issue is inflated way beyond proportion.
I'm genuinely interested.....are you saying that the Irish view maintaining EU membership as being more important than complying with its obligations under the GFA?
we’d like the U.K. to not leave, your leaving

We’d like the U.K. to stay in the Customs Union, the draft WA would appear to compensate your leaving the CU

We’d like the U.K. to honour the GFA, debatable if the U.K. is

This %age drop in GDP is also predicted by the IMF, in the event of a hard Brexit. It is madness to even consider this as an option. This would trigger an immediate deep recession in the UK, and who knows what the global contagion would be. The Tories would be out of Office and Labour would make the situation worse. With interest rates at rock bottom, whatever govt is in power would have to open the floodgates on spending. The fiscal deficit, would probably exceed it's previous high, undoing the period of austerity. This is about the only situation in which the SNP would win an independence referendum and join the Euro. Anyone who thinks that the UK could negotiate FTAs, from a position of strength, in this scenario, is not facing reality.

The WA is politically unacceptable, but would be less economically damaging than a hard Brexit.
That’s a valid and your synopsis is sound. However I just can’t see it any other way?

we’d like the U.K. to not leave, your leaving

We’d like the U.K. to stay in the Customs Union, the draft WA would appear to compensate your leaving the CU

We’d like the U.K. to honour the GFA, debatable if the U.K. is

Top tip for your EUropoodle Leo

Any economic damage Britain suffers from Brexit will result in twice the economic pain in a Ireland.

Enjoy your apparent victory, you’ll all be crying soon enough if your dreams if sticking it to da English come true,

This %age drop in GDP is also predicted by the IMF, in the event of a hard Brexit. It is madness to even consider this as an option. This would trigger an immediate deep recession in the UK, and who knows what the global contagion would be. The Tories would be out of Office and Labour would make the situation worse. With interest rates at rock bottom, whatever govt is in power would have to open the floodgates on spending. The fiscal deficit, would probably exceed it's previous high, undoing the period of austerity. This is about the only situation in which the SNP would win an independence referendum and join the Euro. Anyone who thinks that the UK could negotiate FTAs, from a position of strength, in this scenario, is not facing reality.

The WA is politically unacceptable, but would be less economically damaging than a hard Brexit.

Bring it on, I don’t care if we trigger a global financial meltdown.
It will be worth it to watch the ‘young’ of Remain living through it.

Bring it on, I don’t care if we trigger a global financial meltdown.
It will be worth it to watch the ‘young’ of Remain living through it.
Is that seriously your point of view or are you taking the piss?

If you're serious then you need some help for your inferiority complex.

Top tip for your EUropoodle Leo

Any economic damage Britain suffers from Brexit will result in twice the economic pain in a Ireland.

Enjoy your apparent victory, you’ll all be crying soon enough if your dreams if sticking it to da English come true,
Absolutely

Which is why we are trying to avoid any economic pain for the U.K... one of our biggest customers

There are no winners in Brexit!!
It isn’t about “sticking it to the English”

Everyone in Ireland knows that

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 30
S11Blade Brexit 474
B Medals 22