Brexit Phase Two - Trade

If you’re simplistic enough to think anyone can judge a complex supra National deal based on two subjective words designed as a TV news sound bite, I’m sure UKIP would be delighted to offer you membership. =-D
Don't give me all that spin - I used to do it for a living. Now answer the question - the current "deal" or no deal?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Looks like its only Treason May and Oily Robbins who are not allowed to re-negotiate! - if this (Brussels piles misery on May: EU forces FISHING concessions from UK in trade declaration) story is true, The EU is in the process of amending the withdrawal agreement on behalf of some member states who want to ensure that they keep control of our fisheries - One can only assume Treason May will surrender to any such proposals and then give away more just to be nice!!
When will you notice? This is not the EU negotiating, it is the EU dictating exactly what they want and will then expect the UK to move. No doubt Mrs May will give them all they want, with a couple of crumbs given to her so she can say "Look what I negotiated" !

Time she went and a straight goodbye to the EU.

When will you notice? This is not the EU negotiating, it is the EU dictating exactly what they want and will then expect the UK to move. No doubt Mrs May will give them all they want, with a couple of crumbs given to her so she can say "Look what I negotiated" !

Time she went and a straight goodbye to the EU.
But I thought "The UK holds all the cards"?

What does a better deal look like to you?
I sadly agree; the reality is May has won for now... The tory rebels simply don't have the numbers to make a vote of confidence anything but a coronation and they would be better trying to make sure Labour doesn't win the next GE and overturn, even the limited brexit on the table.

May's next battle is actually putting together an efficient, working GE Campaign and her dour style does not fill me with hope of stopping corbyn. The tories would do well thinking more about that, then the present brexit interval.

Our relationship post this deal will still be up for disagreement after the GE.

Just bang their sale to anyone with a him over 21.
Well... ;-)

If only someone had a Cillit Bang O'Clock picture with a cuckoo in it....

Last edited:
I sadly agree; the reality is May has won for now... The tory rebels simply don't have the numbers to make a vote of confidence anything but a coronation and they would be better trying to make sure Labour doesn't win the next GE and overturn, even the limited brexit on the table.

May's next battle is actually putting together an efficient, working GE Campaign and her dour style does not fill me with hope of stopping corbyn. The tories would do well thinking more about that, then the present brexit interval.

Our relationship post this deal will still be up for disagreement after the GE.
May will not lead the Tories at the next GE - take it to the bank! even the extreme remainers know she's absolutely incompetent and a liability - the only reason she is in charge now is Corbyn being equally incompetent and doubly as dangerous - the next govt will be put into power with the smallest vote count ever ,as millions dont bother to vote or switch to the monster raving loony party etc - the future of British politics is going to be determined by the future rise of more extreme and focused parties who are angry

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Heaven sakes, what's on offer?

The UK is expected just to roll over & accept what's on the table Just because the EU say so?

Only wishful thinking from those politicians too gutless to fight for a credible & worthy WA. Both Davis & Rabb resigned not due to failure because May is weak & unfit to be prime minister. Her true colours have really glowed in this period, she maybe not be cowardice like Cameron however she's certainly spineless.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
What this one. They resigned because their boss is weak and unfit?.
That’s a bit thin. The boss who gave Davis the job he wanted with an entire department. What’s her being weak and unfit got to do with him doing his job.?

Davis resigned and the word was not about May, but Davis being incompetent. True, Raab has a better excuse, as a late shoo in and clearing up on someone else’s mistake. But if she’s so weak and spineless why would she interfere in the work of her chief of exiting.

Unless Davis realised he was unable to do the job and bailed accordingly. Raab seeing that he was walking into a disaster, once he realised the extent of it. And the enormity of what was expected of him, he packed it in too.

The myth of Davis .

Oh and in answer to your first question, no I don't. Like currently when she says "this is the best deal for Britain"

You keep the beans. You might need them.
So your issue is that someone you don’t believe said something you didn’t believe and you felt it necessary to point that out to lots other people on the Internet who also didn’t believe it?

What an excellent use of your time. This thread really is pushing the intellectual boundaries. ^^

What this one. They resigned because their boss is weak and unfit?.
That’s a bit thin. The boss who gave Davis the job he wanted with an entire department. What’s her being weak and unfit got to do with him doing his job.?

Davis resigned and the word was not about May, but Davis being incompetent. True, Raab has a better excuse, as a late shoo in and clearing up on someone else’s mistake. But if she’s so weak and spineless why would she interfere in the work of her chief of exiting.

Unless Davis realised he was unable to do the job and bailed accordingly. Raab seeing that he was walking into a disaster, once he realised the extent of it. And the enormity of what was expected of him, he packed it in too.

The myth of Davis .
Both resigned with identical reasons, unable to support the flawed WA.

My pov is May is weak & unfit.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I watched Davis in front of Select Committee, and he came across as a bluffer.

He believes in No Deal, and yet was negligent in No Deal contingency planning. The minister under D Davis, responsible for No Deal planning was Steve Davis, a member of the ERG. Still inadequate No Deal planning was carried out. PMTM and Olly Robbins, afaik, did not overly interfere in DexEu's domestic work.

Don't give me all that spin - I used to do it for a living. Now answer the question - the current "deal" or no deal?
I can tell you used to do it for a living, you instantly changed your position from “a bad deal” or “no deal” to “the current deal” or “no deal” when challenged.

So when did you stop beating your wife? ^^

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It would serve as a perfect learning tool in education... Fake news isn't always outright lies, it can simply be a propaganda piece, masquerading as a factual piece. I never claim to be in the know or purveyor of absolute truth, in comparison to say graculus and his litany of twitter posting agitprop pieces.

On the Irish they simply have territorial designs on NI, the 'Island of Ireland' is a political statement and where is Leos call for the Island of Britain, united under the British ? and an end to devolution.

The irish can enjoy their moment in the sun, as the clouds of Brussels, or a drop in the euro and we shall see them suddenly realise a truth about a union of 27 controlled by 2 Nations and where the paddies fit into that equation....

That red herring was finally ditched when the south pulled articles 2&3 dropping any claim to the north. Sensible humans breathe a sigh of relief.The Shinners Fox was shot when that one turned up.

The irish time in the sun will continue, how a third country UK will prosper remains to be seen.

The speed of our progress out of the Eu should be giving you a clue. It’s not the Prime Minister being inept. It probably isn’t the general uselessness of our negotiating or Brexiter commanders.

Its possibly more to do with that it’s a senseless thing to do and having looked at what’s expected of them the brexit ringleaders, realising the difficulty of their position have decided to run away and wait for rescue.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
I always see Davis as a good egg, but thick. I don't think he ever really understood what the EU was up to.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Where is all this crap going? Absolutely nowhere good. With all the planning, preparation and intellectual capacity of a hand grenade... Why can't mongs see the facts? Because they are mongs... sorted.

You’re not wrong.
This was elegantly pointed out earlier by @Taffd. Although he described it as Cognitive bias, which makes reasonable sense without setting off the swivel eyed loons.