Brexit Phase Two - Trade

Davis signed up to the NI backstop at the end of 2017. Why did he agree to this, and not resign then? He didn't resign until mid 2018, and then claimed he didn't understand the issue. I am not surprised he didn't understand it, he was bone idle and showed no interest in the negotiations, during his tenure.
Indeed, this makes him either incompetent or a liar.

d9de08b.jpg

I've read more cogent and convincing arguments in the essays of some of my thicker lower sixth formers. This guy is meant to be an Irish intellectual...? And they've Leo Verruca in charge too; Eire's really on a roll. What a shame it's all downhill though.
It would serve as a perfect learning tool in education... Fake news isn't always outright lies, it can simply be a propaganda piece, masquerading as a factual piece. I never claim to be in the know or purveyor of absolute truth, in comparison to say graculus and his litany of twitter posting agitprop pieces.

On the Irish they simply have territorial designs on NI, the 'Island of Ireland' is a political statement and where is Leos call for the Island of Britain, united under the British ? and an end to devolution.

The irish can enjoy their moment in the sun, as the clouds of Brussels, or a drop in the euro and we shall see them suddenly realise a truth about a union of 27 controlled by 2 Nations and where the paddies fit into that equation....

Heaven sakes, what's on offer?

The UK is expected just to roll over & accept what's on the table Just because the EU say so?

Only wishful thinking from those politicians too gutless to fight for a credible & worthy WA. Both Davis & Rabb resigned not due to failure because May is weak & unfit to be prime minister. Her true colours have really glowed in this period, she maybe not be cowardice like Cameron however she's certainly spineless.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
You're going to be hugely disappointed should we crash out. This is how negotiation works at this level, it takes forever too. Nothing to do with the EU. Canada will be the same, unless we give lots of concessions.

Davis and Raab failed because their basic premises were wrong and they want a hard Brexit anyway, a lot of money to be made betting on a failing Britain. It's not remainers doing it.

It's feck all to do with cowardice, I'm no fan of May but all of the Brexiteers had made themselves unsuitable candidates because they're back stabbing bullshitters. Have you forgotten so quickly?

Last edited:
You're fceking idiot. Where did you serve again? How to be a squaddie 101: how to "obey" an order in such a way that it's effectively disobeyed. I should imagine that the high mucky-mucks of the CS have it down to a fine art.
Tired and emotional? Again? The people who sell screen cleaner must love you.

A leader who can't get the troops to do his bidding is no fecking use, Raab and Davis effectively removing themselves from any leadership bidds then.

I'm in a better shape than an admirer of a child rapist.
You're making shit up again, god knows what goes through your mind but triggered a couple of warning flags though. Anyone who thinks it honest or clever to make that kind of stuff up is a bit of a cock, that's being kind.

I never claim to be in the know or purveyor of absolute truth, in comparison to say graculus and his litany of twitter posting agitprop pieces.
You'll have a link to where I claim this then? I have made the odd prediction that's been accurate.

Tired and emotional? Again? The people who sell screen cleaner must love you.

A leader who can't get the troops to do his bidding is no fecking use, Raab and Davis effectively removing themselves from any leadership bidds then.
WTF! Yet again you change your argument or change the argument.

I take it you were i/c the runway sweepers if you think it’s the leader’s fault that he’s being undermined (from and by those below — purely as an aid to demonstrating your ignorance of basic English metaphoric extension, you thick cnut — subversion is subtle not overt, for if it is was overt then it’s mutiny, a capital offence; subversion like an iceberg, nine tenths is unseen, on the surface all appears substantial but is what’s going on below that’s invisible that matters and that’s exactly how squaddies fcek up ******** ruperts.

You're going to be hugely disappointed should we crash out. This is how negotiation works at this level, it takes forever too. Nothing to do with the EU. Canada will be the same, unless we give lots of concessions.

David and Rabb failed because their basic premises were wrong and they want a hard Brexit anyway, a lot of money to be made betting on a failing Britain. It's not remainers doing it.

It's feck all to do with cowardice, I'm no fan of May but all of the Brexiteers had made themselves unsuitable candidates because they're back stabbing bullshitters. Have you forgotten so quickly?
I believe DD & DR resigned due to the lack of support from their supposed CS team. Infact I'd go as far to say that Ollie Robbins has done everything in his power to undermine them and ensure we as a nation are stiched up and kept in the EU for ever.

The fact that Tony Blair was crowing about it at the beginning of last week reiterates my opinion of this whole debacle.

My only hope is we do leave under WTO rules as that is what I voted for, to leave the EU, the single market and the customs union.

Tippy tapping from my S8.

You're making shit up again, god knows what goes through your mind but triggered a couple of warning flags though. Anyone who thinks it honest or clever to make that kind of stuff up is a bit of a cock, that's being kind.

I’m not the one who likes to associate themselves via namesaking with violent sexual assaults against children, am I?

Did you not Google fu properly before you christened your Arrse persona? You’ve been outed, chum.

My only hope is we do leave under WTO rules as that is what I voted for, to leave the EU, the single market and the customs union.
Only one of these three things was on the ballot. Projecting what you now say you want onto that result is neither here nor there.

Davis and Raab failed because their basic premises were wrong and they want a hard Brexit anyway, a lot of money to be made betting on a failing Britain. It's not remainers doing it.
I read this comment elsewhere that summarises the contradiction between the two groups that make up the Leave camp, ultraliberal free-marketeers who will seek to massively deregulate and working class supporters who will want to do the exact opposite:

Here is a coalition of economic liberals and nostalgic statists who dislike the EU for opposite reasons that cannot both be valid and who, for the tactical imperative of campaign harmony, pretend not to notice.

Michael Gove, Boris Johnson, Daniel Hannan, Nigel Lawson: the principal Leavers are ultraliberal Conservatives who smell in Brussels a will to stifle and ossify. For them, exit can Singaporise this country, priming it for an unforgivingly competitive century as a zone of light regulation and porous capital borders. (An account of Britain as it is, you might think). But for almost everyone who will vote their way on June 23, the EU is a callous enabler of markets not a check on them, an intrusion by the outside world not a barrier to it. Their picture of a sovereign Britain evokes Japan more than Singapore: a stable culture, a paternalist economy, a place that forgoes some growth for cohesion.

Last edited:
Only one of these three things was on the ballot. Projecting what you now say you want onto that result is neither here nor there.
:
This has been debated since the referendum. Numerous individuals from both sides stated that if we left the EU it meant leaving the single market and customs union. I'm sure it was also stated in the booklet that was sent to each household in the UK.

As for your second point, deregulation isn't a bad thing as long as there are checks and balances in place. Big global companies love the EU as they have the clout and the backing to ensure the regulations are for their own benefit.

I run a small business and the amount of regulation that has come in to force in the last 15 years has been horrendous and this means it stiffles competition and makes it harder for me to invest in my business. It only benefits big global corporations, which funnily enough are the ones feeding the project fear storys....

Tippy tapping from my S8.

Where is all this crap going? Absolutely nowhere good. With all the planning, preparation and intellectual capacity of a hand grenade... Why can't mongs see the facts? Because they are mongs... sorted.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptDanjou Brexit 355
S11Blade Brexit 475
B Medals 22